WaffleRO

Started by iIse, Dec 03, 2011, 04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iIse

Well, I made a server with rebirth system and it sucked. If you're interested in remaking WaffleRO, send me a pm.

iIse

I'll just bump this topic. For those who are interested in rebuilding waffleRO and have good information regarding the server, just add me in facebook: [email protected]. Thanks.

Bue

I am interested in this rebirth systems of yours; what is the big idea?

iIse

Well, I need bunch of people from WaffleRO to help me rebuild the old WaffleRO. :)

asakurayoh03

yes!!!..bring back the WaffleRO...the WaffleRO wayback 2007...about 5 years ago..not the WaffleRO2..^^..

asakurayoh03

I forgot the name of that guy from Simplicity guild,...that got about 1k+ rebirth..

One thing that I remembered from this game too..was ..when the GM suddenly summons WaffleKING at Prontera..hahaha..all People dies

iIse

@asakurayoh03, well, add me on facebook and let's talk about it. :)

[edited: drama not needed]

Triper

Cleaned all the non necessary drama.

Small note: Double posts aren't seen, by most of the people, as a good thing[neither by me so don't think that you can do them after this!! don't abuse your luck!!] since they look a lot like spam but 1 time once in a while, as long as it isn't a everyday/every moment thing, isn't like the end of the world since it's just once.
In the future just use the report to moderator button at the bottom right corner of the post(s) for things like that and we will keep an eye on the user and take necessary action(s) if needed.

Psyren21

I don't know if you guys are still planning to push through with this, but I would love for WaffleRO to go back up.

*sorry about the late posting*

iIse

About this, I don't wanna run another private server anymore. But if there is someone willing to spend some money for the host and other fees and is willing to do the job of an admin, I would be glad to be your developer.

Bue

How proficient are you at C?

And also what is this rebirth system you speak of? (I've a few ideas on this, which is similar to Conquer Online, which in turn is similar to being trans.)

Drix

Just like what Bue is asking, what is this Rebirth System all about. Can you emphasize more of it? ;o
Might be interested in funding one too.

iIse

@Bue, If it's C, I have no experience at all. Just C++

This rebirth system is simple. When you reached the max lvl, you just gain bonus stat points and repeat this until you've maxed out all the stats or reached the limit of rebirth.

In waffleRO, things were pretty much imbalanced but I don't know why it was fun. There's no balance PVP and there's PK everywhere where you get killed by people who got thousands of rebirths and the server gives all skills to those who have reached 150 rebirths. And also, doing rebirth is not that simple, there's a quest item needed to rebirth. They also got this karma and fame system. Fame system is just a simple +1 fame everytime you kill. The karma system is the higher the karma you got when you're killed, the higher the chance of dropping an item from your inventory. And pretty much some info about waffleRO can be seen by previous posts.

Bue

@krama - implemented by using either the krama variable within the script engine or a separate character / account variable; the inventory dropping is accomplish by retrieving the inventory list and randomly choosing an item; i.e. deleting and creating one dropped.
@fame - increment a character / account variable; the value is 'un-weighted.'
@rebirth - implemented by manipulating the available status point in the script given X rebirths mapped to Y status points with Z max rebirths.

Very simple though not very practical for game design. >>

iIse

Lol, actually thought that you're going to say something important. Silly me. >_<