Uh, hello. This is going nowhere.

Started by Anti-Static Foam Cleaner, Jun 10, 2008, 02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansuz Isaz

xD Maybe it's just me, but I'm kind of the other way around. When I heard of Diablo 2, I got the set for ~30$ because it was simple, and supplied me with Diablo as well. I always want to at least taste the original game before I get into the other.

So... Meh. xD Depends mostly on the player. For the most part, though, you've got a point. Still, I really don't like RO2. o_o I don't know why, but... Meh. I don't know, I didn't much care for it. I'm still not completely sure why. xD

Helrouis

Quote from: Ansuz Isaz on Jun 14, 2008, 12:20 AM
xD Maybe it's just me, but I'm kind of the other way around. When I heard of Diablo 2, I got the set for ~30$ because it was simple, and supplied me with Diablo as well. I always want to at least taste the original game before I get into the other.

So... Meh. xD Depends mostly on the player. For the most part, though, you've got a point. Still, I really don't like RO2. o_o I don't know why, but... Meh. I don't know, I didn't much care for it. I'm still not completely sure why. xD

Me neither, I don't like RO2, but the 90% youth probably wouldn't be curious of the RO 1.

judo

not All the servers are the same. There's just many for you to try them all out.

And no, not all of them are decreasing online players.

Regards,
judo~

Ansuz Isaz

Sure, not all of them are the same, but most of them are so close, that the only thing that varies are the drop rates an different "custom" or two. D= I've seen, thus far, only six servers that stand out, and not all of those six are all that awesome to me. Considering I've been server hopping for several years now, that's kind of sad.

As for decreasing in online players, that's only the individual servers. As a hole, there are increasingly less and less RO players available. sure, some people still have large server populations, but that's a different measurement than the entire RO population. xD

I'm still depressed that some of the servers that suck in my personal opinion have endlessly large populations. D=

~~T~~

Of course, every server has different GM and some have broke rate (152 Rates AMIRIGHT?), also, different easy-to-add features, or just old custom. About trying them all out, I've already did, other than the community, there isn't much thing changed, even Prontera is the Main town on a lot of servers, nothing really attracting to see... :-\
As for decreasing players, RO is getting old(Not for some people, People still play tibia!), that Baphomet Server helped raising the population a little, but unless gravity plans a new whole revolution at RO, it will keep decreasing. You said not all server population is lowering, of course, some servers still with 1000+ People, but whenever a really new, virgin, never made server come in, it takes a hell of time to get to 400 Players, while Old servers get 800+ players even if wipe, those players won't change servers, they will keep on the most populated and old, because they know is more reliable.

Helrouis

Quote from: ~~T~~ on Jun 16, 2008, 02:20 PM
Of course, every server has different GM and some have broke rate (152 Rates AMIRIGHT?), also, different easy-to-add features, or just old custom. About trying them all out, I've already did, other than the community, there isn't much thing changed, even Prontera is the Main town on a lot of servers, nothing really attracting to see... :-\
As for decreasing players, RO is getting old(Not for some people, People still play tibia!), that Baphomet Server helped raising the population a little, but unless gravity plans a new whole revolution at RO, it will keep decreasing. You said not all server population is lowering, of course, some servers still with 1000+ People, but whenever a really new, virgin, never made server come in, it takes a hell of time to get to 400 Players, while Old servers get 800+ players even if wipe, those players won't change servers, they will keep on the most populated and old, because they know is more reliable.

Personally, I prefer playing a LOT of games rather than sticking up to the boring one.. So it's impossible to make an RO player stay too long, not unless you'll make it fun+hardness factor to the max at the same time.

~~T~~

I try to play other games, but most suck, I'm waiting for something actually good, but it seems that it never come out.

judo

Quote from: Ansuz Isaz on Jun 16, 2008, 01:21 PM
Sure, not all of them are the same, but most of them are so close, that the only thing that varies are the drop rates an different "custom" or two. D= I've seen, thus far, only six servers that stand out, and not all of those six are all that awesome to me. Considering I've been server hopping for several years now, that's kind of sad.

As for decreasing in online players, that's only the individual servers. As a hole, there are increasingly less and less RO players available. sure, some people still have large server populations, but that's a different measurement than the entire RO population. xD

I'm still depressed that some of the servers that suck in my personal opinion have endlessly large populations. D=

I agree with you 200%
This is not the place to advertise my server though :o

Regards,
judo~

Helrouis

Another thing, for me, if only these admins just made a merge, they would've kept up to 100+ people. Though most doesn't like to affiliate with their own colleague admins simply because they're thinking that their script would be stolen, or the dontions would get divided.

judo

Quote from: Helrouis on Jun 16, 2008, 07:05 PM
Another thing, for me, if only these admins just made a merge, they would've kept up to 100+ people. Though most doesn't like to affiliate with their own colleague admins simply because they're thinking that their script would be stolen, or the dontions would get divided.

The way I see it:

1- Any good Admin will be able to replicate any kind of script without having it. Sharing or not sharing scripts should not be an issue unless the admin has no skills.
Said that, yes it would be NOT cool to affiliate with some nooblet that just steals our work that took a lot of efforts to make. I belieave there is no Online game that handles their codes just like that. If another admin wants to do a similar script/ server configuration, he can perfectly do it on his own.

2- Donations are ment to help the server and not the admins. If you don't agree with this, you're greedy and your server will most likely be rubbish. Obviously, if there is profit, it means your time and efforts were rewarded, and you may as well "invest" that profit to make server even better.

3- How can you affiliate with someone when MOST servers are very aggressivve competitors? They just want to have all players they can get, have the monopolio of advertising/top RO sites, and then say "I'm cool, I own a server with 1500 junk, and I get lot's of money from dumb people, I'm respected now". No I wouldn't affiliate with this kind of people ever.

There are only 2 servers that I would Affiliate with the admins. They are Simple, Fast, Polite, Organized and Smart. Now, 3 vs 1337 aggressors is a lost fight.

I'm sorry for my harsh words if I offended someone.

Regards,
judo~