UARO allows Whales to Multi account

Started by Kushiro, Oct 02, 2023, 08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushiro

UARO is a server that advertises as a : No multi account allowed server.

Someone in the community shared with me this case that happened in MARCH, a lot of people detected a guy multi accounting and reported it to the administrator

So apparently that guy still plays to this days LMAO 6 months have passed and he hasn't been banned and he hasn't been banned because that guy is a major donator, a whale.

This is why I don't trust this "no multi account allowed" servers, the only one I knew that could be trusted was TravelsRO because LordJ has balls of steel but other than that nah, its a f*** waste of time.

Anyone playing on UARO move to Project Alfheim seriously, half the features of UARO are copied and badly from Project Alfheim and in PA you can multi account but at least you know you are on the same level as everybody else.

THIS TOPIC IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE THIS MEANS A LOT OF THE PEOPLE YOU SEE LISTED ON THEIR POPULATION NUMBERS ARE MULTI ACCOUNTS AND BOTS, TRUST ME I HAVE SEEN A TON OF BOTS IN THIS SERVER, WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME THAT THE SAME WHALES ARE ALLOWED TO BOT.

Privettema

Hello, what an interesting way to file a grievance. Let's dive right in, shall we?

Firstly, let's not play coy. UARO has a zero-tolerance policy for multi-accounting. Any whispers of deviation? Squashed immediately. If someone's not banned, it's not because we missed it or have any fondness for the player. It's because of genuine complexities, like the unique challenges of banning accounts from shared computer shops. And for the record, no one can buy their way out of consequences on our server. Not with donations, not with sweet talk. Nothing.

Your accusations of favoritism? Frankly, it's tiring to hear such baseless claims. They couldn't be farther from the truth and only serve to question our integrity – something we've never compromised on.

Let's put this in bold so it's clear: Those who've cheated or used second PC for boost, etc. have NEVER donated to us. Trust me on that.

About Project Alfheim – sure, kudos to them for keeping the lights on. Their admins seem to work hard, and that's commendable. But let's not forget that every server, including ours, has its unique value.

We're unwavering in our commitment to fairness and transparency. Your criticisms? They only fuel our drive to be better.

P.S. Alex Gang? Banned once, and I'd relish the opportunity to do it again if he steps out of line.

Kushiro

Quote from: Privettema on Oct 03, 2023, 12:14 AMHello, what an interesting way to file a grievance. Let's dive right in, shall we?

Firstly, let's not play coy. UARO has a zero-tolerance policy for multi-accounting. Any whispers of deviation? Squashed immediately. If someone's not banned, it's not because we missed it or have any fondness for the player. It's because of genuine complexities, like the unique challenges of banning accounts from shared computer shops. And for the record, no one can buy their way out of consequences on our server. Not with donations, not with sweet talk. Nothing.

Your accusations of favoritism? Frankly, it's tiring to hear such baseless claims. They couldn't be farther from the truth and only serve to question our integrity – something we've never compromised on.

Let's put this in bold so it's clear: Those who've cheated or used second PC for boost, etc. have NEVER donated to us. Trust me on that.

About Project Alfheim – sure, kudos to them for keeping the lights on. Their admins seem to work hard, and that's commendable. But let's not forget that every server, including ours, has its unique value.

We're unwavering in our commitment to fairness and transparency. Your criticisms? They only fuel our drive to be better.

P.S. Alex Gang? Banned once, and I'd relish the opportunity to do it again if he steps out of line.

Politician response LMAO

"If someone's not banned It's because of genuine complexities" LMAO sure buddy, way to say we didn't banned him because he have some reasons we aren't going to disclose.

"like the unique challenges of banning accounts from shared computer shops" LMAO this is like the second excuse for multi accounting being "my little brother" the first one, it's so funny how the administration makes excuses for this whales.

Why any of this can't be seen on the discord BTW? all of this has been purged so no evidence exist in the discord.

You ain't fooling nobody.

People trusted you and you are a backstabbing little b****.

Privettema

Quote from: Kushiro on Oct 03, 2023, 12:53 AMPolitician response LMAO

"If someone's not banned It's because of genuine complexities" LMAO sure buddy, way to say we didn't banned him because he have some reasons we aren't going to disclose.

"like the unique challenges of banning accounts from shared computer shops" LMAO this is like the second excuse for multi accounting being "my little brother" the first one, it's so funny how the administration makes excuses for this whales.

Why any of this can't be seen on the discord BTW? all of this has been purged so no evidence exist in the discord.

You ain't fooling nobody.

People trusted you and you are a backstabbing little b****.

Hey, I'm a bit lost about the whole March incident you're mentioning. Got evidence? Let's see it.

Sounds like you're hinting at some recent bans. If someone got the boot, they had it coming – whether they were double-dipping with accounts or selling stuff for cash.

Honestly, if you're not vibing with how we run things here, maybe another server would be a better fit for you. We're just trying to keep things straight and fun for everyone else.

2k2

No servers having a "no multiclient" rule enforces it. Reason why I don't bother with such servers since I always play by the rules.

Tried many of them after the only decent server to play went on hiatus and in every single one you'd see LOTS of people multiclienting in towns and fields, autofollowing and etc. Reports do nothing against it or they're fooling the staff very well, because if YOU try to multiclient, you will get caught and banned within minutes haha.

Makes it even more suspicious that every player multiclienting in these servers are all from the big guilds of said servers, so it feels like the staff is scared of messing with said guilds and only enforce their own rules on casual/new/lonely players.

Like you said, if you see such rule, it's a major red flag, just stay out of servers like this.
Find me here:

Kushiro

Quote from: Privettema on Oct 03, 2023, 08:15 AMHey, I'm a bit lost about the whole March incident you're mentioning. Got evidence? Let's see it.

Sounds like you're hinting at some recent bans. If someone got the boot, they had it coming – whether they were double-dipping with accounts or selling stuff for cash.

Honestly, if you're not vibing with how we run things here, maybe another server would be a better fit for you. We're just trying to keep things straight and fun for everyone else.

The evidence is in the first post, and people still know this guy plays on the server, the one that has to show why the player in question is still playing is you, you have to justify why you didn't banned a multi account infringer.

You are just going to dance around the issue and never come clear about it.

A lot of people left your server because of this incident, you purged all the evidence from discord and now pretend it didn't happened but people know.

I haven't been banned from your server and if I did I couldn't care less because I play in Project Alfheim not in your bad copy of it I just happen to know some people in there and when they told me this story I had to share it because I detest people like you, opportunist scumbags that want to cash on the good will of people, you lie to them offer them something and then you backstab them, you remind me a lot of those RetRO b**** that did the same things, they privileged big guilds and probably people that gave them money etc and in the end their server was destroyed which began with a post like this exposing them.

THIS TOPIC IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE THIS MEANS A LOT OF THE PEOPLE YOU SEE LISTED ON THEIR POPULATION NUMBERS ARE MULTI ACCOUNTS AND BOTS, TRUST ME I HAVE SEEN A TON OF BOTS IN THIS SERVER, WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME THAT THE SAME WHALES ARE ALLOWED TO BOT.

Kushiro

Quote from: 2k2 on Oct 03, 2023, 12:30 PMNo servers having a "no multiclient" rule enforces it. Reason why I don't bother with such servers since I always play by the rules.

Tried many of them after the only decent server to play went on hiatus and in every single one you'd see LOTS of people multiclienting in towns and fields, autofollowing and etc. Reports do nothing against it or they're fooling the staff very well, because if YOU try to multiclient, you will get caught and banned within minutes haha.

Makes it even more suspicious that every player multiclienting in these servers are all from the big guilds of said servers, so it feels like the staff is scared of messing with said guilds and only enforce their own rules on casual/new/lonely players.

Like you said, if you see such rule, it's a major red flag, just stay out of servers like this.

Yeah at first I was foolish to believe this but then I had a really bad experience in RetRO and then I knew how this would be just a way to make the gap between solo players and big guilds even wider.

Like I said the only server I trusted with this was TravelsRO but one can never know for certain so now I am always 100% suspicious of this servers.

Playtester

Quote from: Kushiro on Oct 03, 2023, 02:48 PMThe evidence is in the first post, and people still know this guy plays on the server, the one that has to show why the player in question is still playing is you, you have to justify why you didn't banned a multi account infringer.
From what I understood, you reported this guy and then the GM replied to you that he will be banned.

Going by the GM's reply here it sounds like the person was indeed banned, but not permanently, so that's why he is back in the game.

Are you saying he wasn't banned at all, not even temporarily or is your point more that multiclienting should result in a permanent ban already on first offense rather than just a temporary ban?

Kushiro

Quote from: Playtester on Oct 03, 2023, 04:14 PMFrom what I understood, you reported this guy and then the GM replied to you that he will be banned.

Going by the GM's reply here it sounds like the person was indeed banned, but not permanently, so that's why he is back in the game.

Are you saying he wasn't banned at all, not even temporarily or is your point more that multiclienting should result in a permanent ban already on first offense rather than just a temporary ban?

The guy was never banned and that is what my source says, I wasn't there when this happened but I have to do this post because I can't allow this people to falsely advertise a server as "no multi client allowed" when they allowed it to a whale just because he was a big "donator" (spender).

Now lets say:

• He was detected and never banned, this no matter how you look at it is f*** terrible
  • He was detected and banned for some time and then allowed back in, this is f*** terrible too, this destroys all the integrity of the server, multi clienting in a server that supposedly doesn't allow it should be a PERMANENT BAN it should not be forgiven period, playing with multi account and no multi account is night and day its completely unfair to not permanently ban them specially when the guy also happens to be the biggest "donator" (client) of the server.

Both alternatives are terrible and nobody that has any brain cell should waste their time on this server because the admin obviously only cares about money and doesn't care about making a good server and have a good community that he cares for.

Playtester

I still don't see any evidence, though. I see March 22nd Privettema said he will be banned. So are there any screenshots of him still being online say 2-3 days later?

(Privettema could probably also tell you from when to when he was banned.)

QuoteHe was detected and banned for some time and then allowed back in, this is f*** terrible too, this destroys all the integrity of the server, multi clienting in a server that supposedly doesn't allow it should be a PERMANENT BAN it should not be forgiven period
I personally think people should get at least a second chance. Some people might not even know that multiclienting is not allowed. Just warn them on first offense or give a temp ban. If they do it a second time you can still ban them permanently.

Now I'm not sure how this server handles it, but I quickly browsed through their rules and they leave the possibility open to only apply a temporary ban:

QuoteServer staff may apply the following sanctions on violators

7.1 Account blocking - Temporary or permanent account blocking.
    7.2 Blocking IP - Blocking access to the game server from a specific IP or group of IP.
    7.3 Blocking hardware - Blocking access to the game server from a specific hardware or group of hardware.
    7.4 Confiscation of property - Complete or partial confiscation of property from one character or all characters on game account.
    7.5 IRC Mute - Blocking send messages in IRC channel(s).
    7.6 Jail time - Temporarily sends the character to prison.
    7.7 Battlegrounds Ban - Temporary ban for several games.

Kushiro

No, a "No multi client" allowed server that doesn't perma ban anyone multi clienting is a joke, it completely misses the point of being no multi client at all.

Also it's pretty obnoxious to ask me for more proof than what I already posted when the only ones that have internal access to the game files and logs is the lying scumbag admin that also purged all from the discord.

The last screenshots show a conversation with my source, he confirms the dude is still playing.

Playtester

You don't need to proof that the dude is still playing because the GM actually confirmed that themselves in this very thread:
QuoteP.S. Alex Gang? Banned once, and I'd relish the opportunity to do it again if he steps out of line.

So let's settle for "UARO does not apply permanent bans on first time multi account offenders" and call it a day.

Kushiro

Quote from: Playtester on Oct 05, 2023, 01:16 PMYou don't need to proof that the dude is still playing because the GM actually confirmed that themselves in this very thread:
So let's settle for "UARO does not apply permanent bans on first time multi account offenders" and call it a day.

Or doesn't even bother banning them at all.

The reality is that its a joke to play in UARO if you want a no multiclient policy server.

dahman

alot of GMs, dont perm Bann on first offense.
but what they should altleast do at a bot incident, is to wipe the all of the main accounts from the player and be like:
"Last Chance, you can start new, but one more offense and you are banned perm"

sometimes its the right choice, sometimes its not.
and sometimes its harder and takes longer to verify the main accounts, sometimes its not xP

Kushiro

Quote from: dahman on Oct 06, 2023, 01:30 AMalot of GMs, dont perm Bann on first offense.
but what they should altleast do at a bot incident, is to wipe the all of the main accounts from the player and be like:

sometimes its the right choice, sometimes its not.
and sometimes its harder and takes longer to verify the main accounts, sometimes its not xP

In a "no multi account policy" server doing it is as bad as botting, you will get farther ahead just by doing it, getting more drops more experience and more penny.

Talking about bottling UARO is full of bots, it's very easy to run into one.

sporaspore

This server also needs to correct their way about "trashtalk report". There's quite handful of players that are pure toxic and evil in this server, those players online everyday meeting people just to bully players, trashtalk, make other players angry, and when their "target" gets angry and they trashtalk them back just a bit (which is a common thing) these scumbags will take the opportunity to screenshot their victim's chat and report it to GMs/staffs, and the GMs/Staffs will blindly believe those scumbags words and a little screenshot, usually the vinctims will get warning or ban from the GM//staffs after this.
No one is safe really if the community is so toxic in this server.

Suspension

Quote from: dahman on Oct 06, 2023, 01:30 AMbut what they should altleast do at a bot incident, is to wipe the all of the main accounts from the player and be like:
In a world with extremely cheap VPNs, proxies and dynamic IPs, wiping all main accounts is the same as being banned perm.
Quote from: exii on Jun 27, 2015, 06:07 AM
If you think casting quag is a good idea you or your guild heavily failed to create a viable guild rost.

SirVahn

To the staff of uaRO i highly suggest you to stay stady inside your copy/paste server since got free time from december to grab my setup from Rome an visit again your racist server. Un caloroso abbraccio, до свидания!
I wanna be really clear why i show arrogance first of all, any italian player of RO know my name. Second you re hit really the wrong person basically if you had any chance to get some donation to 80 italian player inside your server thanks to your stupidity and pathetic joke of word do not allowed 2nd biggest  community of RO (Russian) to play your server, you ill also  get 0 Eur from italian too since Quinella ban an mine by IP.
I ill show you what happen when you make me angry an mix geopolitical problem with my favorite game.

Me>Whale
Swordman lover

Felione

This server is weird. They're trying to fight RMT by punishing the playerbase. They seem to believe that lowering item prices will rid the server of RMT. So far, all I have seen is bad decisions, so I unfortunately had to leave. I really liked the community, but the server owner is not thinking about the community, he's thinking about the money that RMTers are getting, and how to get that money into his pockets.