Too Fast lvling

Started by Kaid, Feb 22, 2008, 05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefly

On top of what everyone else said, you need to learn the key leveling spots for each class, then nerf those maps for those classes. Reducing the availability of some key monsters will help as well. You just want to make the nerfs small enough so that people don't really notice enough to complain. A few thoughts...

Add in more aggro spawns to every level of Culvert, to slow down pretty much every first class. Thieves need to lose the Hode and Sandman maps. You can adjust Mandragora/Geographer to heal themselves instead of only being able to heal each other, making them impossible for young Archers/Mages to snipe. You can also increase the sight range of Drosera and Greatest General to stop people from sniping them. Drastically reduce the spawn rates of Metaling and Porcellio on their respective maps. Adjust the ratio of Cruisers to Myst Cases in Toy Factory 2. Increase Zenorc's stats so they can't be mobbed as easily. Add more FAST aggros to the Mi Gao/Increase Soil map to stop Hunters/Wizards. Add more aggro monsters to Ice Dungeon 1, because EVERY class loves Siroma. Add a few more Orc Archers to the High Orc maps. Drastically reduce the Anubis spawn rate. Add more Jokers in with the Bathories. Make people actually do the quests to enter Amatsu dungeon, Rachel Sanctuary, Biolabs, and the various floors of Thanatos tower, if you don't already.

Pandora

a) You'll have players complaining in a second, because they dont like when you mess with 'their' game XD

b) They will find a new place that's ultimately better than the other. Seal became Soil, Rachel became Thor, etc. Some players will adapt to anything and still find a way to level 3x faster than your other players.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

~~T~~

Reduce all XP to 1 and multiply by monster level.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Bootleg

If you think leveling is too fast then go play Iro :D

But eh, I never find leveling TOO fast, since I play Low-rates :)
I think leveling is at a good place, but only "thinkers" should level holy fast

Like that one guy in Iro who got to level 99 in a week(For the new class event)

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Actually play PGNRO - it's even slower than officials.

mathio

Hi, I know its old topic, but I just found it :)

I played at InvokeRO, we were strongest guild etc. But server failed mostly because first 2 WoEs were bugged. So we left, which I regret a bit. But server was very low populated, so it would die soon anyway. But the weirdest thing is that after we left the server it was closed, website gone and no statement from GMs.

Anyway about leveling: if you have a lot of time, than everyhting highers than 2-3x is too much. If you have very little time (shool, work...) than everything below 10x is slow. But at every rate, no matter how high and no matter who plays there, there will be always someone who will level faster then others (either because of lot of free time or skill or whatever).
I think that the best way to slow this fast leveling is making the server nontrans only :) When you reach like 85-90, you don really need to ruch to 99 and will start getting equips, whch will usually slow your leveling speed.
Also nerfing anubis is required (i like playing priest but anubis is just too much). Maybe forbiding teleporting might do it - you wont be able to survive there without party.

EpyllionRO-Apollo

The people who know what they're doing will always level fast lol But yea, guess you could lower the rates..but that could discourage a lot of people.

www.EpyllionRO.com

locked1nside

Each one of players who play RO for years.... know how to lvl as fast as possible..
if they don't know.. they have friend to tell them...

suggest:
lower the lvl rates
increase the mob drop rates --> sure players like it... as compensation of lvl rates
adjust the mob spawn (you can make time rule for monster spawn... like daylight or night)

Rehael

In Vro, The rates i have are 8x/8x.
and I did powerup anubis a bit, yet. I Was like seriously shocked when i saw a High Priest the 5th Day. D:<
I was like omfgqpodjap,aiopnxàaçe'iu&)àeiçdksqx).

That will be one of my regrets :(. I Wanted the game's life span as 'second-class' to be a lot longer but miserably failed :'(.
The Greatest Server is in preparation phase : http://valiantro.com
Setting the standard so high the other servers will look like noob stuff. ;)

mathio

Maybe new servers should "open" rebirth quest after lets say few weeks :)

Rehael

Quote from: mathio on Sep 04, 2008, 06:54 AM
Maybe new servers should "open" rebirth quest after lets say few weeks :)
maybe, but the results aren't that bad now.
We've been open for 3 weeks, highest lvl is a sniper (lvl 96)
The Greatest Server is in preparation phase : http://valiantro.com
Setting the standard so high the other servers will look like noob stuff. ;)

Synesthesia

Leveling is always fast (99 in a couple days) but finding gear is where the main chunk of my time in RO is spent.

~~T~~

Quote from: Synesthesia on Sep 05, 2008, 02:48 AM
Leveling is always fast (99 in a couple days) but finding gear is where the main chunk of my time in RO is spent.
^ That.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Really? 'cause my battle aco is in his 40ies and I can think of great deal of words to describe leveling, none of them is "fast".