phranxis

remove sniper LK ang high priest jobs LOL /heh
make daily wipes XD /heh
or
make boss monsters look like poring and scatter it around your server  ;D

(eiy, is leeching bad?)

xeroslash

Quote from: Kaid on Feb 25, 2008, 01:49 PM
Change abilities of some mobs is a nice idea also.
Make Anubis Slower so that you still get tailed by Mimics
Give High orcs more speed or Def etc...

I think someone mentioned early on in this thread that the more you tamper with stuff like this, eventually people will get pissed off. But moreover, you also have to realize that the type of nerfs you are implementing will not hamper the hardcore grinders; they will simply find new spots to grind at. It has been been mentioned many times that it's inevitable, and come on, let's face it: if people really want to reach max level, they would do whatever they can, and I'm sure your nerfs will not stop them (unless you end up nerfing every single monster, in which your playerbase will probably long be already complaining).

I understand that you don't want the server to stagnate after a few months, where everyone is at their max levels and have gotten every thing they needed. In that case, though, why not try to implement some more end-game content yourself? Try to be creative. If I were a server owner and had extensive knowledge of scripting and eAthena, I would try to cook up custom server-wide events or something along the line. Granted, I sound like I'm simply pulling things out of my butt, but from what I've seen in throughout my private server experiences at least, the GMs do at least try and hold large events at the very least.

In a nutshell, try thinking of more endgame things for your players to do, rather than trying to make them level slower. Inevitably, they will be up there anyways.

Pandora

Kudos to more end game content, I try to do that ^^

Don't remember seeing this post back in feb, but if I had I would have made 1 suggestion in regard to leeching. There is a setting you can set, for how long it takes for even share to cancel if someone doesn't move, set it to really low to prevent leeching. If the person isn't moving for like 120 seconds, the party is still in even share but that particular player gets no exp.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

bulbasteve

Ol Skot on Mou has it set that you have to see the person to get exp from them. Now I think that has more to do with how he has exp sharing set so it may not work for you, but even if you use traditional RO settings for parties im pretty sure you could set it so that you need to see a monster to get exp from it.

Of course skot is a crazy coding god so maybe it is much harder than he makes it seem :p

Mewi

Is it possible to do... 0.5/0.5 rates? x3 arg i wish I knew more about server side.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

If I remember correctly, rates are actually in 1/100th so you can set it to 0.01 if you wish.

(Sadist)

Loki

Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on May 15, 2008, 06:02 AM
If I remember correctly, rates are actually in 1/100th so you can set it to 0.01 if you wish.

(Sadist)

I think people will get the monsters card faster than they lvl with 0.01  :D
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

weeaboo

Quote from: kabuki07 on May 15, 2008, 06:59 AM
Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on May 15, 2008, 06:02 AM

(Sadist)

I think people will get the monsters card faster than they lvl with 0.01  :D
If death taxes are on, I agree - provided people are masochist enough to play on that kind of rate, lol.

superja

Lol lowest I've ever seen on a server is 0.5x. And the private server that had those rates seems to be dead.

But who knows... it would take a certain kind of player AND an assurance that the server isn't going to be up for three months and then have it go under. A lot of time wasted >.>

Pandora

Gravity opened up a 0.5x rate free server lol XD
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

Mynameisivan

:o how did you level that fast ona 5x server? i'm moving froma 5x to a 10x cuz 5x was insanely slow...

you just gotta find a server where the levels come as fast as players learn about RO so there aren't any 99's that don't know what zeny is running around asking for help...

Ansuz Isaz

Is it sad when the answer to that balance of intelligence-gained-by-force and grinding is x3~x7? xD Sadly, if they aren't intelligent to figure out what zeny is simply by noticing that it goes up as they sell things, then they really, really have problems.

In all seriousness, most people learn better when they're forced to take things slower. =P Even at a x10 rate, I've found leveling is fast enough for the retards to make max level before understanding anything, which is kind of depressing. D=

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

As some of you might know, I've been playing on 1/1/1 for some time, without as much as autoloot.

And it's honestly not as bad as I thought it would be. It's all a question of what you expect from the game. If your goal is to level up up up omg then you'd get frustrated quickly. If you just sit down and think "Well, time to chill out a bit" and just walk around the map killing mobs, it's completely different. For example I never set myself a level goal("Let's gain two levels!"), I pretty much sit down, do two or three laps around the map, do something else(And wait for the Dragon Fly to respawn heheheh), do another two laps, etc.

Plus, I must say I learned more about killing mobs than I did through all the time I spent on 10/5/3, and I'm playing a melee class. Who would've thought than you can do more than just ctrl-click stuff?

Pandora

You can /noctrl ^_^

I played a 2/2/2 before, it was my first server and I must say the learning curve was nice, but being more used to the game I prefer slightly higher now, 5x is what I like. I think new players should start on very low rate so they have the time to learn about the game. It's easy to adjust to higher rate later on, but adjusting to lower rates is harder.

Majora_younglink

Gah, low rates. Times of iRO... Flashing back... The nightmares, the monopolizing, the... idiots...

XD But in all seriousness I agree that you learn a lot from just playing on a low rate but no matter where you go you can't escape idiots. They're everywhere and will find a way to level but not know anything about the game. Also I no longer play vanilla RO for the main fact that I'm just tired of doing the same things over and over and over again. This isn't about monsters by the way, I still think that going to biolab 3 on a 1x/1x/1x is probably the HARDEST and most learning experience any player can have. If you can complete the dungeon run and beat an mvp gratz to you.

But off my off topic talk... Everyone should try a 1x/1x/1x once in their RO career, its not as bad as most people make it out to be.