Too Fast lvling

Started by Kaid, Feb 22, 2008, 05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaid

Alright, i have a problem, i made a server called InvokeRO  5x 5x 3xand my problem is that the players lvled too fast, so either they are too pro or the game has become too easy. I really regret it, a lvl 91 Char in 5 Days :'(, shame i remember it took me a Week to become a lvl 70 Sader in 2005 T_T
Any suggestions to make it harder other than reduce rates which is now impossible

Skotlex

Hard to do anything about that...
It is just that the people who know, know where to be the most efficient at leveling. If you don't want to touch rates, then you either touch spawn rates, or start modifying spawn information so the good leveling spots are nerfed.. kinda like how Gravity nerfed Geffen dungeon level 1 by adding hunter flies (before the massive amounts of poison spores made it a preferred spot for getting levels as a first class).

(RMS reviews)

Aris

tbh editing spawn rates after everyone already leveled from them isn't that great of a idea imo. either way ya doesn't matter if its 5x or 10x. if people know where to level and so on then they will level easily.

Kaid

I know the culprits :

• Me for Making Max Party member limit 20 Instead of 12

• Anubis, the demon who get's owned too fast
LEECHING

mark_sanbeda

maybe you should try reducing the lvl gap of party members by 3 lvls [i dont really know how to explain it in words.... but hope you get the idea.. ]

Kaid

Quote from: 録mark登sanbeda数 on Feb 23, 2008, 06:28 AM
maybe you should try reducing the lvl gap of party members by 3 lvls [i dont really know how to explain it in words.... but hope you get the idea.. ]
That's despicable :(
10 lvls difference is already so small and with 70 to 90 players only who party and don't solo lvl i can't be doing that now.

Ratch

make it look like rate is 5/5/3 but change it to 3/3/2? O_O

Skotlex

Oh... I had forgotten that eA has a few configs you can use to tune out how party and individual exp gaining works.
Quote from: exp.conf
// Turn this on to allow a player to level up more than once from a kill. (Note 1)
multi_level_up: no

// Setting this can cap the max experience one can get per kill specified as a
// % of the current exp bar. (Every 10 = 1.0%)
// For example, set it to 500 and no matter how much exp the mob gives,
// it can never give you above half of your current exp bar.
max_exp_gain_rate: 0

//Experience increase per attacker. That is, every additional attacker to the
// monster makes it give this much more experience
// (eg: 5 people attack with 25 here, +25*4% -> +100% exp)
exp_bonus_attacker: 25

//Max number of attackers at which exp bonus is capped
// (eg: if set at 5, the max bonus is 4*bonus-per-char regardless of attackers)
exp_bonus_max_attacker: 12
Quote from: party.conf
// Give additional experience bonus per party-member involved on even-share parties?
// (eg: If set to 10, a even-share party of 5 people will receive +40% exp)
party_even_share_bonus: 0
Max EXP gain is in particular useful as it can prevent mega-leeching by capping how much exp you can get per monster, but setting it too low may piss of players. The exp bonus per attacker and the party even share bonus canbe considered as well. But remember that in a party with even share, exp is divided among players, so you want some kind of bonus there or solo'ing will be far more rewarding than partying.

(RMS reviews)

mark_sanbeda

Quote from: Kaid on Feb 23, 2008, 08:08 AM
Quote from: 録mark登sanbeda数 on Feb 23, 2008, 06:28 AM
That's despicable :(
10 lvls difference is already so small and with 70 to 90 players only who party and don't solo lvl i can't be doing that now.

we must sacrifice even if it means to be despicable...  /wah nah!.. just deceive them and change the rates to 3/3/3  /no1

Ashe

People will level fast regardless, lol. There's nothing you can do.

My guild mate on iRO Chaos just made a swordsman two days ago, and it's now at level 92 Knight. xD;
edited

Kaid

Quote from: Skotlex on Feb 23, 2008, 09:11 AM
Oh... I had forgotten that eA has a few configs you can use to tune out how party and individual exp gaining works.
Quote from: exp.conf
// Turn this on to allow a player to level up more than once from a kill. (Note 1)
multi_level_up: no

// Setting this can cap the max experience one can get per kill specified as a
// % of the current exp bar. (Every 10 = 1.0%)
// For example, set it to 500 and no matter how much exp the mob gives,
// it can never give you above half of your current exp bar.
max_exp_gain_rate: 0

//Experience increase per attacker. That is, every additional attacker to the
// monster makes it give this much more experience
// (eg: 5 people attack with 25 here, +25*4% -> +100% exp)
exp_bonus_attacker: 25

//Max number of attackers at which exp bonus is capped
// (eg: if set at 5, the max bonus is 4*bonus-per-char regardless of attackers)
exp_bonus_max_attacker: 12
Quote from: party.conf
// Give additional experience bonus per party-member involved on even-share parties?
// (eg: If set to 10, a even-share party of 5 people will receive +40% exp)
party_even_share_bonus: 0
Max EXP gain is in particular useful as it can prevent mega-leeching by capping how much exp you can get per monster, but setting it too low may piss of players. The exp bonus per attacker and the party even share bonus canbe considered as well. But remember that in a party with even share, exp is divided among players, so you want some kind of bonus there or solo'ing will be far more rewarding than partying.
I reduced the spawn of Anubis
also i'm more looking for game play solutions rather than changing game settings.

Aris

There's also Thor you know and it's faster than Anubis

Kaid

5x players can't do thor easily

Aris

Uhm... If you're leeching then you will probably have a Hunter/Sniper already with some gears >_> a Hunter can easily solo Thor no matter what the rates are.

Kaid

We're talking about a 4 Days old server...