The ScytheRO Server is up for auction!!

Started by Shomesta, Jan 24, 2009, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scars

My scout told me they still have 100-200 average few days back though?

Zone

<.< I'm not your scout!
I'm giving you the information my dear friend ^^
There are over 100 players online and that doesn't include the 19~25 autotraders, NORMALLY.
Only thing that needs to be fixed is WoE, the Cpanel I would rather use Love Rudra or Flux to replace it, the forums I would reskin, I'd make a new patcher, client, installer, eventually new site (I suck at webdesign $$$)

The hall of heroes would be a great addition to the server, but I do not have the original script, and I think it's on the bottom of priorities for server maintenance. WoE being #1.

Then again, that's what I would do for the server.
I just hope the server isn't bought out by some kid who makes his friends GMs for the hell of it.
That'd end the server is .125 seconds.

Scars

ahahahaha xD

Its interesting to see how it'll go.

Tira

Quote from: Scars on Jan 25, 2009, 07:35 PM

Considering their original population was moderately high, that is more or less dead.

Can't exactly see this ending with sunshine and rainbows and server stability, regardless.

Head Monocle of DOOM

Quote from: PoisonWolf on Jan 25, 2009, 12:25 PM
Quote from: Head Monocle of DOOM on Jan 25, 2009, 07:23 AM
Also Poisonwolf,

Kindly STFU.

Cheers.

HMOD,

Why don't you go back to servicing airplanes with your airtasks? Or if you really just want to troll, please try to troll with a more favorable response. It was almost pathetically meaningful.

Cheers.
I would like to point you back to the picture that preceded that which you have quoted. It says that it is not meant to be taken seriously.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

Zone

Quote from: Tira on Jan 26, 2009, 12:48 AM

Considering their original population was moderately high, that is more or less dead.

Can't exactly see this ending with sunshine and rainbows and server stability, regardless.
well, how can it when it's missing key features of the game?
That's why I said WoE would need to be fixed.

Descent

Quote from: Tira on Jan 26, 2009, 12:48 AM

I might be wrong, but didn't Scythe have a four-digit population at one point?

Zone

It did indeed, I know it can attain that again as long as the appropriate changes are made.
The ScytheRO before the wipe was great, if Zairik set the server back to how it was, and the WoE scripts were fixed, it would thrive once more.
The whole, auto event thing is all fine and dandy, but I think it's not good for the server because you need to have GMs

Pandora

I'm curious to see how this goes, how much is it at now? Seems I can't view forum without being log in or maybe the post is closed. XD
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Zone

Pandora

Yeah, the link in the first post is not working but I found the post.

Poor players, they have a whole month ahead of not knowing what will happen to their server.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Shomesta

"Poor players, they have a whole month ahead of not knowing what will happen to their server"

T_T

Littlechan

Quote from: Pandora on Jan 26, 2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah, the link in the first post is not working but I found the post.

Poor players, they have a whole month ahead of not knowing what will happen to their server.

hope they will got the best...

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Caamora

You can buy the server, the hardware, the scripts, the database but no matter what you do you still cant BUY those users. If they dont like how you run things they eventually will leave. Thats the problem with the SHR, your equips and prestige can be made just about overnight.

Good luck to the players and the person who buys the server.

cheesestix

Just my opinion on this, but wouldn't it be better to auction the server on something like eAthena, where there are more likely to be people who know what they're doing and might be looking to start/expand their server? Some of the people there don't have a server yet, but are planning to make one, and this might be an option they would consider. Some of the people there are server owners who make a lot of money off their server (they probably shouldn't, but they do), and therefore have the experience to run the server, and the funds to keep it running.

I mean, if you get some rich kid like the person who bought the ecchi-ro.net domain, then your server... will become like... that thing...
*shudders*
Don't worry, be happy =(