The ScytheRO Server is up for auction!!

Started by Shomesta, Jan 24, 2009, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AceJay

Can I buy it and rename it CrimsonMoonRO? :>

Cielte

This entire matter made me laugh for about.. 3 minutes.

Scars

Cielte

Flip

Are you serious?

People will be -leaving- scythe if its going to be a matter of highest bid versus competency level.

Unless you're screening the bids and making sure the people are shown to be competent at least, this is pretty much a stab in the dark plus a bailout.

Zone

If it's about competency, then I don't think many with the competence will bid.
I'd offer to administrate the server while Zairik has some time off and when, if he does, decide to return to the server, he would be able to go back to what he was doing.
But, I don't think Zairik would be up for that idea.

Flip

Quote from: Zone on Jan 25, 2009, 04:53 AM
If it's about competency, then I don't think many with the competence will bid.
I'd offer to administrate the server while Zairik has some time off and when, if he does, decide to return to the server, he would be able to go back to what he was doing.
But, I don't think Zairik would be up for that idea.

Exactly the point.

If Zairik REALLY needed the money and wanted to keep Scythe in competent hands at the same time, then the most efficient way I would think is to scout within his server for people willing to take over the server, display knowledge and after that, only discuss the payment issue.

I would think that with the huge player-base that Scythe already has, there has to be at least a couple of people there dedicated enough towards the server to be willing to go through it.

But seriously, making an auction for it gives the highest possible reward to whoever's getting the money, and an even higher risk depending on who gets their hands on the server.

Head Monocle of DOOM

The Truth About The Auction
Zairik is really an international criminal and world renowned Assassin that decide to settle down and host his own little gaming community with some of his colleges that hacked the security mainframes of locations in which he would take out his targets. However as of late Interpol has begun to crack down on him and he is being forced to sever connections with the online world, change names, and move to a new country where they don't speak English and the Internet is witchcraft.

This message brought to you by the The Truth is Out There Society, exposing the governments evils since 1989.
[close]

Also Poisonwolf,

Kindly STFU.

Cheers.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

yat47

hey,do u have dual client??..may give me??

Stop posting and asking for dual clients. You will find all the information you need at www.eathena.ws

Cielte

Quote from: yat47 on Jan 25, 2009, 07:28 AM

stop asking for a dual client. Go away.

Littlechan

Quote from: yat47 on Jan 25, 2009, 07:28 AM

Stop posting and asking for dual clients. You will find all the information you need at www.eathena.ws

Fail...? XD

better ask this on eathena o.o

@zairik

hope you can find the highest (and the best) out there :D

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Descent

Okay, let's be realistic now.

If THIS isn't a cash grab...

Quote from: ZairikThe buy-out price (if you want to buy straight up and not auction) is $5,000.

...then I don't know what is. But whatever. It's apparently okay to sell an eAthena SVN and call it "Scythe Source Code". This is my last post in this topic, because quite frankly, it's so ridiculous it is making my eyes bleed.

Scars

May I know what your players think of this Zairik?
If they don't care, and just hoping for a promising owner to buy the server, and/or is actually looking forward to the purchase, that's good.

PoisonWolf

Quote from: Head Monocle of DOOM on Jan 25, 2009, 07:23 AM
Also Poisonwolf,

Kindly STFU.

Cheers.

HMOD,

Why don't you go back to servicing airplanes with your airtasks? Or if you really just want to troll, please try to troll with a more favorable response. It was almost pathetically meaningful.

Cheers.

Irrelevant

Quote from: Scars on Jan 25, 2009, 10:03 AM
May I know what your players think of this Zairik?
If they don't care, and just hoping for a promising owner to buy the server, and/or is actually looking forward to the purchase, that's good.

Most of their people agree sRO is already dead, or will die some days after the auction. Most of the topics have a handful of broken replies, I'll let you guess why is that.