TalonRO

Started by overwatcher, Jun 28, 2016, 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overwatcher

Fair warning, a certain GM on this server plays for a certain guild. The most recent patch that they implemented was so poorly conceptualized that they immediately reverted some of its components a few hours after the release. This happened despite of the GMs statement that every patch is well analyzed and thought out.

At this moment, many players are unhappy about the changes that they made to the def mechanics. Long story short, due to the changes to def, overupped gears are now less valuable. This change was implemented to target 99 def paladins who wears 800m-2b worth of gears. However, their solutions is universal and thus affects every job. Check the forums and it will be clear to you that players are unhappy. How did a certain GM respond? See this >>http://imgur.com/NmWvsjc

Yes, many players are unhappy and it reflects on the feedback thread as well as server reviews.

Boreas

Fair warning: that certain GM (who is apparently me) has not played with any guilds for at least 8 years. Ragnarok Online is a nice game to work on and I enjoy the coding, but the gameplay does not interest me anymore. As for the rest, there is a feedback topic on our forum. This topic on RMS will only get swamped by the usual people to flame around and I will not take part in that. Enjoy trolling!

Cawliflower

Quote from: Boreas on Jun 28, 2016, 07:55 PM
Fair warning: that certain GM (who is apparently me) has not played with any guilds for at least 8 years. Ragnarok Online is a nice game to work on and I enjoy the coding, but the gameplay does not interest me anymore. As for the rest, there is a feedback topic on our forum. This topic on RMS will only get swamped by the usual people to flame around and I will not take part in that. Enjoy trolling!
So true, lol.

I couldn't see you playing RO after 200 years of coding for a server.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

applecidervinegar

Boreas and team has systematically and efficiently silenced anyone who voiced their opinions over the years.

It was only after the screw up of their latest patch in which they messed with drop rates, game mechanics, did they suddenly decided to revert some changes because the changes were simply bad. And they only reverted drop rate changes. And they acted like they have been listening to players all the time.

A pre-renewal server adding a "decay" to def when tanking monsters.

Players were still supposed to be grateful even after they took away player's effort in establising builds that consisted of 1.5-2b worth of gears. /heh /heh

If new players are okay with them telling you how to play the game(just read boreas's reply on the forums), because your play style isn't MMORPG and it should be this and that way, then go ahead.

Oh fair warning, never post your unique builds and strategy in their forum as well. Because nerfhammer in next patch. /heh /heh

Minabe

Doing Tripper's job.

blame20

Well, balancing is a serious matter. You need to increase and decrease some features of it. Good thing they urgently responded to the feedbacks and that is a good thing. /no1

blame20

If that is your opinion, then let it be. There are numerous of private servers to choose from and can be your alternative. It is not like TalonRO is a big part of your gaming experience.

Neffletics

Ragnarok is an old game, this patch is simply telling their players "hey, try some other build."

TalonRO is TalonRO. They have the reputation that not so many servers have. If you're quitting a stable server just because your 1b worth of gears' value went down then you're *censored*.

In every game, there will be patches that will not be favorable to many. Just deal with it.
solacero rip

blame20

If you're a banned player. The most usual feedback/review is negative rather than accepting your mistakes by carelessly not aware of the rules that you weren't aware that you made a violation or risked to make unfavorable attempts.

barragazz

haha not banned, but i got almost 10B n sell my zeny in lowyatt forum coz am QUIT, Play over 2 years.
when ure awsome n creative u found  great build > gm nerf haha damn nab cant brainstorm. :DDD GOOD LUCK

Minabe

Doing Tripper's job.

rickroll6190

Quote from: Neffletics on Jun 29, 2016, 10:30 AM
In every game, there will be patches that will not be favorable to many. Just deal with it.
There's a difference between patches that make people unhappy, and patches that literally screw a class out of its existence. And yes, I'm talking about bragi nerf.

Not like it even matters, though. That class is long dead in PvM, and the server's WoE scene is more or less dead, with same guilds pretty much just holding castles because there's no competition.

Disclaimer: I still have an active account on the server. I just log into the game to chill and chat, and occasionally join GM-hosted events. The fun and noob-friendly ones, in particular, since they were created back when the GM team was more competent than they're now.

Now let's see how long until Seiren (AKA DeePee) rushes in to defend against this argument. Oooh, and may I recommend you some burn centers for that horses vs. cars argument?

LezzieLez

My name is Lezark and I am a former TalonRO resident. These are reasons and observations I have made after playing for three years in this server, so if anyone has any genuine credence over reviews recently written about this rotten server, this would be the place! I do not recommend this server and for those of you who are staying, read this so you are informed about your administration.

Recent Red Flags, Patch "Nerfs", Sets a bad precedent
I have played in this conservative server for three years, and with no fear of censorship, I'm free to unload the truth to anyone who sees this. This "Meiadrir Patch" is a patch that completely nerfed farming spots Geffenia and Moscovia Dungeon by lowering item drop rates. It also made it harder to decompose Great Natures by lowering the chance of break-down. Now they got a lot of flack for that from people THE DAY OF RELEASE. That many people forced them to backtrack that decision. Now why get mad at this? Shouldn't this be a victory for the people? No, this doesn't constitute a resolution, nor comfort, but a red flag because it goes to show that GM's do not take player suggestions into consideration prior a patch release but will only resolve issues after decisions have been made.

Poor Management, Misinformation, Lack of Transparency, Why The Reviews are So High
GM Boreas, who has actual decision-making power, will treat suggestions as bureaucratic as possible with a yes or a no without any discussion and will leave his Public Relation GMs (both in-game and forums) to do the talking for him. You know why reviews are so high? Partly because positive criticisms only reward those who stay because they have invested their time and possibly money in this game or they have already reaped the benefits of farming in these areas...not to mention that Support GM's are veteran players who know each other and benefit from these decisions. It's politics. You know why the player count is so high? Those are all alts vending...who could ever really know since this server lacks transparency between GM's and its Players. Boreas benefits from withholding information and letting his PR team be his "emotional" and "understanding" side so they would all be riled up to be in favor of the server. Do you know who the Support GM's are? They are players NOT VOTED by people so why is this information withheld from the public? Could it be that they have information prior the Meiadrir release, and many other releases that only benefited them? Who knows? Certainly not me.

Mini-Game Mania and working against game-mechanics
GM Boreas has also publicly admitted that he has made decisions that argue against the natural grinding nature of Ragnarok. Instead of spreading people out to unused maps, possibly making item drops more profitable there; he instated that new players will not have access to the methods that made many of TalonRO's veterans will not be unprofitable to them. So in order to quell this thirst, "major" patches are not invested in reinforcing in-game mechanics as it is invested in diverting people's focus to mini-games. Yes, mini-games. Great strategy to divert people from seeing that the server hasn't had a major in-game update for over a year now. See the patch logs for yourself. The ironic thing is that playing mini-games in this server, is in essence, a form of grinding for money just in a different form. Come on, if I am playing a game, I am not expected to play a mini-game inside a game in order to gear my main character...and then be expected to play that geared character to play more mini games since farming isn't profitable anymore. True to what's happening, the server should be renamed MiniGameRO since yall want to play these games with people.

GM Boreas is a well-documented, classic-case sociopath who will dangle your account in your face. Takes criticism like a pre-pubescent.
Furthermore, I have also experienced the same treatment.....even worse because the Game Master has count of my history in the server and has consistently muted and logged me out of game when I criticize his decisions.... Its been three years of me biting my tongue with this potential Trump supporter because I'm risking suspension every time I speak out. I would reply to someone and have my replies DELETED. Who goes as far as to silence someone for their negative opinion?! A forum is a platform for discussion, not a place for people to congratulate you. Its funny as I recollect the PM he sent me saying that I was spreading hate speech. Listen buddy, I wasn't pointing any of your physical attributes, which is honestly a privilege. I can only clearly see them with how you reply to me and other people. This is something sociopaths and people with limited human interaction do.

LezzieLez

Quote from: Neffletics on Jun 29, 2016, 10:30 AM
Ragnarok is an old game, this patch is simply telling their players "hey, try some other build."

TalonRO is TalonRO. They have the reputation that not so many servers have. If you're quitting a stable server just because your 1b worth of gears' value went down then you're *censored*.

What reputation does TalonRO have? It has sustained eight years by being a conservative server that withholds information to its players.
The server isn't necessarily the problem here, but how the administration treats players people.

blame20

Quote from: LezzieLez on Jul 07, 2016, 05:55 AM
What reputation does TalonRO have? It has sustained eight years by being a conservative server that withholds information to its players.
The server isn't necessarily the problem here, but how the administration treats players people.

What I  observed in TalonRO is that popular players > newbie, unpopular players(even if they are playing 1 year+). So most decisions and implementation of updates are biased.

Boreas

Quote from: LezzieLez on Jul 07, 2016, 05:37 AM
My name is Lezark and I am a former TalonRO resident.

GM Boreas is a well-documented, classic-case sociopath who will dangle your account in your face. Takes criticism like a pre-pubescent.
Furthermore, I have also experienced the same treatment.....even worse because the Game Master has count of my history in the server and has consistently muted and logged me out of game when I criticize his decisions.... Its been three years of me biting my tongue with this potential Trump supporter because I'm risking suspension every time I speak out. I would reply to someone and have my replies DELETED. Who goes as far as to silence someone for their negative opinion?! A forum is a platform for discussion, not a place for people to congratulate you. Its funny as I recollect the PM he sent me saying that I was spreading hate speech. Listen buddy, I wasn't pointing any of your physical attributes, which is honestly a privilege. I can only clearly see them with how you reply to me and other people. This is something sociopaths and people with limited human interaction do.

I took a screenshot of one of the topics I deleted, because I knew that you would pop in here and rant. No offense, but there is a huge difference between posting negative feedback and what you did. Really.

That is just one example. You are not banned on the forum or anything and I don't understand why you are so mad even. You outright offend the staff, get away with it and then you pop in here and complain about limited human interaction? Please show me where you are banned, because neither your accounts in-game nor your forum account is. All your negative feedback is still there btw, people can check your posting history on https://forum.talonro.com/profile/27982-lezark/ I only deleted the topics in which you called me a d***, because that's not a form of feedback in my opinion. That being said, I wish you all the best! Bye~

P.S.: Of course you will claim that I faked this. The topic above was reported to me by a player, you can ask him if you don't believe me. So far I have not seen any proof from you, just accusations.

Edit: Fixing typos.

Playtester

Hmm, just from the context of this thread I fail to see what's bad about changing the DEF system and the drop rates of regions that give too much zeny (except that it's like 10 years too late maybe).

On official servers you can't even reach 99 DEF even if you +10 all items, so reasoning with how pre-re should be already seems weird. Sure it affects all players, but what it changes it that damage you take will be higher, right? That adds more challenge. So what's the issue here? Monsters are now too hard to defeat?

Zeny nerfs... well most servers do them these days and I think they work like a charm actually. If one thing was great about DoM, it was how cheap the economy was because of good zeny sinks and nerf of popular zeny regions. Of course these nerfs on a server that had these drop rates for about 10 years already probably won't fix the economy anymore and mostly punishes new players.

And that TalonRO staff is very strict is not really a secret. xD
Why people still complain about that.
I see it as a nice change because most server owners are all like "Oh noes, I can't ban these bots because then I'd lose half my population", but TalonRO staff is more like "Let's just ban any disturbance".

Oh well.

LezzieLez

Boreas, I can't take screenshots of something that does not exist or something that you edit in your favor. I just hope people can see through your s*** fast enough so they dont have to invest time in your server. You don't even play on your server, so how are you making these one sided decisions and consequently pat yourself on the back for a good job while muting people who don't agree with you?

That screenie you posted is a guide I made and deleted myself. Those are my ideas and they are coming with me. I think you meant to post the One guide that highlights infinite hp and sp for pallies in abbey. It's that one you deleted, but many people know about it already. Lets see how you handle fixing that exploit.

Boreas

Quote from: LezzieLez on Jul 07, 2016, 03:45 PM
Boreas, I can't take screenshots of something that does not exist or something that you edit in your favor. I just hope people can see through your s*** fast enough so they dont have to invest time in your server. You don't even play on your server, so how are you making these one sided decisions and consequently pat yourself on the back for a good job while muting people who don't agree with you?

That screenie you posted is a guide I made and deleted myself. Those are my ideas and they are coming with me. I think you meant to post the One guide that highlights infinite hp and sp for pallies in abbey. It's that one you deleted, but many people know about it already. Lets see how you handle fixing that exploit.

Actually, I wanted to show the edit reason to the people. You can do with your guides whatever you want, but there is no reason to attack me on a personal level. Again, show evidence of me muting or threatening you. Heck, I don't even know who you are. You say you played on the server for three years, yet I have no negative or good impression of you. Never have I banned or muted you on the forum. Your account is perfectly fine and all of your rant posts are still there. You are just throwing accusations into this topic without any evidence at all. I deleted two topics from the guide section, yes, because both were just overly offensive. Check the screenshot above and you will know what I mean. It's okay that you can't stand me, but please don't make up stuff which is simply not true. Good luck on your new server, I really hope that you have a good time there. Meanwhile I suggest we drop this, because I don't like to be offended by you. (See that "Trump supporter" comment, no clue why this has to be personal.)

P.S.: I am not sure what you mean with "edit in your favor". You really think I have time to edit your posts just to make you look bad? No offense, but that's a waste of time. Really. I had various players report you to me for your negative attitude and your offensive behavior on the forum, there is no need for me to fake anything. People may call me an donkey, but I do not fake screenshots or posts.

LezzieLez

Quote from: Boreas on Jul 07, 2016, 04:00 PM
Actually, I wanted to show the edit reason to the people. You can do with your guides whatever you want, but there is no reason to attack me on a personal level. Again, show evidence of me muting or threatening you. Heck, I don't even know who you are. You say you played on the server for three years, yet I have no negative or good impression of you. Never have I banned or muted you on the forum. Your account is perfectly fine and all of your rant posts are still there. You are just throwing accusations into this topic without any evidence at all. I deleted two topics from the guide section, yes, because both were just overly offensive. Check the screenshot above and you will know what I mean. It's okay that you can't stand me, but please don't make up stuff which is simply not true. Good luck on your new server, I really hope that you have a good time there. Meanwhile I suggest we drop this, because I don't like to be offended by you. (See that "Trump supporter" comment, no clue why this has to be personal.)

P.S.: I am not sure what you mean with "edit in your favor". You really think I have time to edit your posts just to make you look bad? No offense, but that's a waste of time. Really. I had various players report you to me for your negative attitude and your offensive behavior on the forum, there is no need for me to fake anything. People may call me an donkey, but I do not fake screenshots or posts.

Oh I absolutely agree. I think we should drop this because I've said what I need to say about you and your practices. I wasn't looking for your acknowledgment at all when I said I have been playing for three years, I just wanted to substantiate my claim from the perspective of a player, unlike yourself who hasn't even played on your own server. I have highlighted the reasons WHY I don't and as long as you have any claims against to refute my observations of your server, you shouldn't ask for any claims about my legitimacy. I have made my peace as long as people are aware and can make decisions about joining your server.  /kis

And by the way, I called you a potential Trump supporter. Don't out yourself as one if you don't want to.

Boreas

Quote from: LezzieLez on Jul 07, 2016, 04:22 PM
Oh I absolutely agree. I think we should drop this because I've said what I need to say about you and your practices. I wasn't looking for your acknowledgment at all when I said I have been playing for three years, I just wanted to substantiate my claim from the perspective of a player, unlike yourself who hasn't even played on your own server. I have highlighted the reasons WHY I don't and as long as you have any claims against to refute my observations of your server, you shouldn't ask for any claims about my legitimacy. I have made my peace as long as people are aware and can make decisions about joining your server.  /kis

I am sure you calling me a d*** or "Trump supporter"will help people to make a decision about joining the server, yes. Anyway, good bye sir!

Bue

/no1

We have the best hats. RO has a lot of hats. It is not a coincidence.

poringgod

Well its not surprising, Boreas runs the server like communism anyway. Players who voices their opinions gets silenced.

With "thousands" of players online, you'd expect a decent woe/pvp scene. None at all, most of the players are the conforming type who sits in prontera all day and engage in "NOTICE ME SENPAI" conversations when Seiren or Boreas comes online.  /heh /heh

You'd be surprised if you actually try playing this server. So many things are nerfed, you can barely find any creativity in their PVM.

Bragi is nerfed out of existence, along with classes like soul breaker sinx, and spiral pierce LKs.

Champions have a cap on their asura damage(slightly understandable, Def is nerfed because they managed to introduce items and then are unhappy players created a meta out of it.

All you get is Sniper, Hw, HP. Thats all there is.

Don't bother trying other classes because its mostly nerfed. /heh /heh

BestPlayerEver

With all due respect Boreas. You sound like a terrible GM.  From an observing standpoint.

I always feel for the players in most instances when it comes to fighting against a GM. Players will always be at a disadvantage, especially if he's the type to voice all his opinions, bad or good.

If Boreas was a GM on any other server, he'd definitely kill the server. He's just lucky he landed on TalonRO, which has a large population.

barragazz

i got almost 10B n sell my zeny in lowyatt forum coz am QUIT, Play over 2 years.
when ure awsome n creative u found  great build > gm nerf haha damn nab cant brainstorm. :DDD GOOD LUCK

BOREAS is 12 year old butt hurt cant take critics n suggestion  :DD

Boreas

Quote from: poringgod on Jul 10, 2016, 10:27 AM
Well its not surprising, Boreas runs the server like communism anyway. Players who voices their opinions gets silenced.

If this was the case then you would see way less of these "Boreas sucks" postings on our forum. I think in the past nine years I have only banned five people from the forum and in all cases it was because they flamed other players. If you got any evidence for your claims then post them, because from what I can see nobody gets silenced.

Quote from: poringgod on Jul 10, 2016, 10:27 AM
With "thousands" of players online, you'd expect a decent woe/pvp scene. None at all, most of the players are the conforming type who sits in prontera all day and engage in "NOTICE ME SENPAI" conversations when Seiren or Boreas comes online.

The majority prefers PvM over PvP, what's wrong with that?

Quote from: BestPlayerEver on Jul 10, 2016, 01:41 PM
With all due respect Boreas. You sound like a terrible GM.  From an observing standpoint.

[...]

If Boreas was a GM on any other server, he'd definitely kill the server. He's just lucky he landed on TalonRO, which has a large population.

Because I delete topics in which people call me a d**** or tell me to f*** my mother? I don't see how. On a side-note, I joined the server when it had 100 people online and brought it to over 1000. Thank you. You should not forget that only people who get banned for breaking the rules go to this forum for a quick rant. That doesn't tell you anything about the server or its staff because the topic starter will always be mad of course.

Quote from: barragazz on Jul 10, 2016, 01:47 PM
BOREAS is 12 year old butt hurt cant take critics n suggestion  :DD

Telling me to f*** my mother and sister is not a way of constructive criticism.

Edit: Removed screenshots because they are not appropriate for this forum.

poringgod

Quote from: LezzieLez on Jul 07, 2016, 03:45 PM

Boreas has probably already nerfed that grand cross guide that you posted secretly without even informing anyone.

Why don't you try introducing real content updates like taking existing content from renewal and making it pre renewal playable? Ever heard of instances for example? There is so much new content from renewal that u guys have yet to include. The server has not had a decent content update since 2013 probably.

All you guys do is introduce nerfs at every patch and then, like lezark says, pat urselves at the back and complain players for being unappreciative.  /no1

Oh and nice strategy for conveniently introducing a 2 month long farming summer event and a starlight soirée event right after the nerfs to distract the players. /swt /heh

And that dagger of edga will probably you guys introduced will probably be nerfed next after players post a guide on the forums.

Try playing on your own server for once boreas.  /heh

Boreas

Quote from: poringgod on Jul 10, 2016, 02:31 PM
Boreas has probably already nerfed that grand cross guide that you posted secretly without even informing anyone.

Then you would find people on the forum complaining about it or even here. I guess I have secret powers to delete postings on RMS. Haha

All you guys do is introduce nerfs at every patch and then, like lezark says, pat urselves at the back and complain players for being unappreciative.

Not really. The gameplay changes were just a small part of the last patch.

Oh and nice strategy for conveniently introducing a 2 month long farming summer event and a starlight soirée event right after the nerfs to distract the players.

People can read all about the gameplay changes in the changelog if they want to. So you are saying that because of the recent changes we are not allowed to host any events now? How long should we wait in your opinion then? You make no sense.

And that dagger of edga will probably you guys introduced will probably be nerfed next after players post a guide on the forums.

Not sure what you mean. The Dagger of Edda is not some kind of super weapon. I guess you didn't read the Meiadrir patchnotes.

/heh

This basically sums up your post.

Anyway! Have fun ranting guys~