SurgeRO

Started by Dark_Raven, Mar 07, 2007, 02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kopono

=) SurgeRO has ran out of ideas of what to do to improve. Criticism is welcome.

alphamage

Wait....... what?

This was in my other topic!

Who moved it?

Emeralda

It was quite off-topic in that other thread but it suited this one.

kopono

It's funny what the topic starter has said. If you look in his signature he had given SurgeRO 0/10. qRO a 8/10, after qRO switched emulators the famous "Glory" guild (40 members) switched immediately to SurgeRO and I quote, "this please is better than qRO...".

Not to brag or anything... but we might be the server which actually improves over time.

https://www.surgero.com/images/softlayer.jpg

http://surgero.com/images/secure.jpg

bentheexo

sineas

*edited*
Maybe nothing has changed and the hack was justifiable... who knows... maybe you were so judgemental and found enemies along the way...
[color=red]RK-RO[/color] - 10k/10k/10k WILD WEST Inspired [color=red]TRUE[/color] Dedicated Server
Unmetered Bandwidth - [color=red]1000 Mbps[/color] ([color=red]1Gb[/color]) Port Uplink - 24/7/365

Cisco Public & Private 10G Networks - Security IDS/IPS/DDoS

Slaw

SurgeRO, eh? I've tried this one out quite some time ago, and I can't say I was very impressed (though I am pretty demanding when it comes to RO servers). I haven't been on the server for a while, so I'm not sure if it's the same as back then, but all I can remember was alot of running around doing tedious custom quests for customs so powerful you had to have them, or you wouldn't be any good in the long run. Oh, and flaming. Lots of it. Now, I know I can be quite rude sometimes, and I have a tendency of getting into trouble with admins and GMs on most servers, but what I experienced here surely takes the prize. Not many days after I join, I get challenged to a duel. I accept, and after winning a few times, the person challenging me starts PMing me insults, and generally harrassing me in the main town of the server. Of course, after a bit, I get angry, and flame back. Only for a GM to show up and ban me on the spot, after one comment.

But as I said, this was some time ago. Hopefully the server has improved.

kopono

Yes, our server has definitely improved.

We generally hire people who are ages 17+ preferably, because we decided that young GMs aren't able to stand the pressure as much as kids who are older. Many of the GMs from the past have been fired, and we are doing fairly well now =D.

Slaw

I'm glad to hear that. Might even drop by and check it out myself some day.

BlueIfrit

well, i'm playing right now.. and everything is going pretty well. i hope the server grows alot more in the future.

the pvp people are dang nasty, they are super violent and cruel to new people in the server and when you just tap them once by accident, the entire pvp hounds you. i know its pvp and all, but jeez.