RO Server's today.

Started by Ruchi, Aug 12, 2010, 07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A92FL0163

Quote from: MKR on Oct 13, 2010, 07:08 AM
I don't know what you're trying to say here.

People don't stay on a server waiting days or months to have fun while the server grows -  that is, if it ever grow. They want it the moment they join, if a server can't offer it, people will either skip the server or simply give a try and leave. Quick dismissal became a rule, why? Simply because there are too many servers around, there is no way to organize the servers between good and bad. When making and closing a server became common in RO, people started to avoid anything that doesn't look worth of investing time, and even money.

Competition is what makes RO market hard, if you can offer only X and someone else can offer X+1, even with a bad administration, people won't choose yours, because the other offer more than you do. Are they wrong? No, you would probably choose something that gave you more, rather than less. In a sea of RO clones, a server who offers only the basic (X) just like all others, must rely on either population or first impressions to be different (X+1). If a server can't offer any of both, then it might as well be just like all others and thus easily skippable.

Quote from: Ganondorf on Oct 13, 2010, 08:21 AMProbably the fact that most Admins nowadays treat their server like a business.

That is actually a good thing, there is a citation (I don't remember from who) who says that it is preferable for someone to do something for their own gain rather than the public gain, because they will do their best to have the biggest gain possible, if they did it for the public gain they would do it least motivated and interested as possible, as they would gain nothing with it.

Solstice

Quote from: Ganondorf on Oct 13, 2010, 08:21 AM

Probably the fact that most Admins nowadays treat their server like a business.

I find this fact sad, alot of people start loosing touch with the goal of giving players a good time when they are blinded by Money. Sure money is hard to resist but i believe that you can maintain a balance with enough money to keep the server up and enough balance to give players a good, fair time.

With the numerous number of servers popping out everyday and multiplying like germs, especially with all the servers giving promises and sometimes false hopes its really hard to find the right server for you. I guess its just a game of never ending trial-and-error, you just gotta try until you find what you are looking for and until you find server you can call your home :)
Keep On Ragnarok Online. 13x 13x 10x
Now Open! Come Join Us!