ScytheRO, The Best Super High Rate Server?

Started by asdfqwerty123, Nov 05, 2007, 10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asdfqwerty123

Ok, since the typical reviews don't amount to much when a server like this is so popular and gets a lot of reviews, I thought I would start a topic to see what people really think about ScytheRO and how they think they could improve upon it to make it better (with a little more than 200 odd characters). 

If you think it's great, sure you can post that.  If you think it's horrible, sure you can post it too (as long as you're remaining respectful it shouldn't get out of hand). 

One thing I worry about is the idea that people think they have to "suck up" to become a staff member.  You should be able to get along with the current staff obviously, but the perception is such that our staff is an "inside click" with "groupies" and so forth.  I would like to dispel some of that perception people have with an open discussion (again, remaining entirely respectful to those who volunteer their time and effort to support us). 

Another thing is the community, of course this is a factor in all servers.  There are always "good" and "bad" players, but what influence do staff members have over that considering there isn't going to be any screening process to pick and choose who plays (or if this is entirely unavoidable which is entirely likely). 

The last issue would be balance in all aspects of the game (Economy, PVP, WoE, MvP, ETC), considering the fact that we're gearing towards the Super High Rate server crowd.

Feel free to post honestly and respectfully, things you say here may help us to correcting issues that may exist or will exist in the future.

hohoho0214

It's just my opinion and I know it's not easy to do it but I dont think every player should be able to max all their stats.  This leads to some inbalances for classes such as High Wizard and Sniper who only need to max 1 or 2 stats and the remaining stats become bonuses which aren't that helpful, while classes such as LK or Pally which need high str, high vit,decent agi, and quite high dex to hit would be getting the better deal in that maxing their stats greatly improve their build.  I think that might be a problem, otherwise everything else is very good.

Johnsu89

Dude, ScythRO is a Super High rate, of coarse your gonna max your stats >>
I dont play RO anymore.

nuehnavi143

can i max all of my stats?...if yes how?
pls answer thanx

pfja1st

Quote from: nuehnavi143 on Nov 07, 2007, 11:14 AM
pls answer thanx

You can max your stats! Although, you can max certain stats(its like two to three set of stats, not all stats)! And by max-ing your stat you should level up your character in base level. Now you can go and hunt down a lot of monsters, good luck!
Posted on: November 07, 2007, 03:29:21 am
Quote from: pfja1st on Nov 07, 2007, 11:29 AM
Quote from: nuehnavi143 on Nov 07, 2007, 11:14 AM
pls answer thanx

You can max your stats! Although, you can max certain stats(its like two to three set of stats, not all stats)! And by max-ing your stat you should level up your character in base level. Now you can go and hunt down a lot of monsters, good luck!

In your case(because you are also playing ScythRO), just like what is said above---you can max out all stats because your on a super high rate server.

asdfqwerty123

You can max out all your stats to 1000 each, the catch is that you have to start over at level 1 after you pay an NPC 35mil for a "Level Reset" that allows you to keep all your current stats and just continue to get more stat points as you level up again.  Typically this takes three full resets to get it exactly to 1000 each, some people only do two resets because the difference is like less than 50 stat levels off on one stat which may or may not be worth the extra reset for some people.  Also, you can just level reset for the heck of it since it is unlimited.

Amukai

I played that for a week. Wasn't really good at all.

I did meet a nice player though, who helped me level.
She asked "Are you enjoying the server? ^^"
I replied "Yeah"
Then she said. "I'll warn you. Not many people are nice as me."

I didn't like the rates, and the community wasn't very good.

asdfqwerty123

What could be improved?  It's hard to guess how people judge the entire community when they only play for a short time and really give no details.  Is it because no one came up to you and gave you zeny and items?  Not enough people using emotes and typing "lol"?   

Hypothetically, if you were in my shoes (sort of speak), what would you do to make the community better?

It really seems like most of these ratings, both good and bad, are entirely based on personal lean.  In effect, a "whatever I'm feeling at the moment" rating system. 

Nothing against anyone specifically, but things that are constructively improving and giving ideas on how to make a server better help a lot more than the typical "I like it, I don't like it". 

Elaborating gives more information as to why you think something is one way or another.

Could you please explain why you think the "community wasn't very good"?  Thanks.

Zone

please refer to: http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/server-discussion/scythero/msg15021/

do not post the same content twice.

Amukai

Quote from: Zairik on Nov 21, 2007, 01:14 AM
What could be improved?  It's hard to guess how people judge the entire community when they only play for a short time and really give no details.  Is it because no one came up to you and gave you zeny and items?  Not enough people using emotes and typing "lol"?   

Hypothetically, if you were in my shoes (sort of speak), what would you do to make the community better?

It really seems like most of these ratings, both good and bad, are entirely based on personal lean.  In effect, a "whatever I'm feeling at the moment" rating system. 

Nothing against anyone specifically, but things that are constructively improving and giving ideas on how to make a server better help a lot more than the typical "I like it, I don't like it". 

Elaborating gives more information as to why you think something is one way or another.

Could you please explain why you think the "community wasn't very good"?  Thanks.

The community did not seem very connected, but I see how you feel, it must be hard to try to manage the server.
I think you are doing good though! Better then I could do right now =)

Well, I liked the server, it just was a bit strange to level with your rates, they may suit others tastes though.
The community, hmm... it was okay, but not great, they did not seem to communicate much, although I did meet a few great friends.

I am honestly not sure how the community may be improved, maybe acknowledging (< I'm not quite sure if thats spelled right.) the community to talk and get to know each other.

I'm sorry if I posted without thinking, but now I understand that its hard to make your server the best.
I think it was great that you made this topic, it is a great way to get feedback.

Amukai~

Ashe

It's a super highrate, there's no difference in any of them in my opinion.
edited

asdfqwerty123

Quote from: Albiero on Nov 22, 2007, 12:02 PM
It's a super highrate, there's no difference in any of them in my opinion.

For some reason or another people seem to think there is a difference. 

One of the biggest reasons is probably that we don't have donation items that give any better than average  PvP bonuses.

In short, no real PvP advantage over the free-to-play people.

That's the main reason I created the server actually.

On other SHR servers that aren't ScytheRO, it is just impossible for a free player to beat a donation player.

That's simply not fair or fun because I don't like it when people try to buy their way through a game.

In addition, our donation items are really cheap compared to other servers, $5-$15.  Nothing is over $15.

Zone

effern

I am playing on ScytheRO now and I have one big issue....My palidin cannot obtain a holy weapon...

rastaboi

Ya donation items do kill the the balance..