ScytheRO, The Best Super High Rate Server?

Started by asdfqwerty123, Nov 05, 2007, 10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zone

The donation items don't kill the balance, anyone can get the donation items, IF THEY WORK FOR THEM.
If one chooses not to put forth the effort it takes to get customs without donating, then that is their own fault and problem.

Lif

Quote from: x3n0c1d3 on Nov 25, 2007, 12:55 AM
The donation items don't kill the balance, anyone can get the donation items, IF THEY WORK FOR THEM.
If one chooses not to put forth the effort it takes to get customs without donating, then that is their own fault and problem.
The Donations Don't Kill The Balance But They Sure Did Kill My Friend Who Kept On Crying About Getting On On Scythe RO xP They're Just That Good <3 Scythe Ro
Sincerly Lif~
Shiny! Ha! Im A Hatchling! Click Me! Not Those Green Dragons!! Orange! Is The Way To Go!

Light Green Is The Sign Of Immortallity O_O! Click Me!

Dark Green Is The Sign Of The Buddah! Click Me Not That Light Green Thing! Click Away!
MY Brothers And Sisters Are Meanies! Click Me Not Them!

asdfqwerty123

Quote from: rastaboi on Nov 24, 2007, 10:49 AM
Ya donation items do kill the the balance..

Your comment just proves you've never even played ScytheRO...

Donation items don't give any more stats than non-donation items.

If you're going to comment on a server, it would help if you actually played on it.

Also, posting more than one line if text and elaborating can add a little more value to your posts.

Chronx6

The only problem I really have with it is how you 'balanced' the classes. For example. With how low of a level of defender you can get paladin can be raped by anything with a ranged attack now if they play semi-well.

I'm sure theres more to class balance thats wrong but I'll leave it at many classes who have had altered skills have been screwed over royally.

mattblack04

So, other than lack of any reason to get donation items and therefor not donating money, in what other ways does your server differentiate itself from other super high rates, considering the only point to them is "get to max level using no thought at all" cuz you can max everything and no items are rare, how do you make yours different than the others?

Zone

ScytheRO is different in some ways, some of them being:
Disgusie room, you can test out customs, monster id's and sizes.
Multiple styles of pvp, though only 1 is usually used and that is FFA.
They aren't different with the staff though, as many servers, staff like to lie about users to ban them and defend themselves with more lies.
Such as I allegedly tried bribing gms with mvp cards, and such. When I hadn't any mvp cards to bribe with.
Such as I  was abusive, harassing, and using foul language in pvp when I started, when I was never talked to by any staff what so ever about abuse, or harassment, and I didn't pvp until my last week on scythe.
Such as I was begging the gms to let me be a gm, when no staff was ever on?, when I was training 14 characters?, when I quit because of Zairik's poor choice in staff, who abuse their powers, make lies about people and such.
Such as @nuking a user in pvp to get his attention.
Like I have said before, if you get rid of the staff, you got a great server, but with that staff, then it is complete s***.
No offense Zairik, but this is rate my server,  and I am being completely honest, unlike your staff.
And since this is going to be claimed as a double post, I am going to post this in my topic about the server.

ragplayer420

edited*

just know I wont be recommending your server to any of my friends

mattblack04

So other than basically testing a build that by no means is unique considering you can max everything in a heartbeat, is that it?  Super high rates take no thought at all.  Some people may enjoy them, but I find no real challenge in it.  The code for this game was made to max stats at 99 and such, evident by some formulas, such as DEX subtracting a percentage off total casting time.  At 150+ it's insta cast basically.

Zone

asdfqwerty123

20000x rates aren't entirely easy, it does take time.  It's not like you hit a poring and become level 999.  For some people it takes days, then you have to reset your level back down to 1 again (and repeat this process 3 times to get max stats).  Not to mention the 35mil price tag per level reset.  There are tons of features that ScytheRO has that no other server uses because I scripted things myself such as the Item Dress-up (so you can temp. wear an item in a small room before getting the real thing), Disguise Room (with PvP area), Boss Dungeon (with customs quest and many custom monsters), hidden NPC's, Hall of Heroes (w/ private dungeon), several custom training fields and dungeons, a custom PvP lounge and rooms, many custom quests, an event warp agent (used for fair and fun events), special event prizes and summoning items, and countless other features.  That's not even mentioning all the 140 some custom headgears/wings and over 100 custom pets as well.

Zone

Quote from: Zairik on Nov 27, 2007, 01:04 PM
20000x rates aren't entirely easy, it does take time.  It's not like you hit a poring and become level 999.  For some people it takes days, then you have to reset your level back down to 1 again (and repeat this process 3 times to get max stats).  Not to mention the 35mil price tag per level reset.  There are tons of features that ScytheRO has that no other server uses because I scripted things myself such as the Item Dress-up (so you can temp. wear an item in a small room before getting the real thing), Disguise Room (with PvP area), Boss Dungeon (with customs quest and many custom monsters), hidden NPC's, Hall of Heroes (w/ private dungeon), several custom training fields and dungeons, a custom PvP lounge and rooms, many custom quests, an event warp agent (used for fair and fun events), special event prizes and summoning items, and countless other features.  That's not even mentioning all the 140 some custom headgears/wings and over 100 custom pets as well.
That is true as well.

asdfqwerty123

Anyway...

Just something new that ScytheRO is featuring, server apparel:
http://www.cafepress.com/scythero/

Someone who got their real ScytheRO apparel (long sleeve white with black text) and took photos:
http://www.scythero.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=2939&view=findpost&p=19036

I've never seen another server do this, but if you've see it before tell me.

I think certain little things like this set us apart and make us different from other servers.

Would you buy a shirt of your favorite server?

yC

nice idea, but heh u are definitely not the first.  I recall a few server does it before.  Maybe it was GPhase (a server that went like fireworks, got to brightest then quickly shut down ... all in 1 month) or maybe it was some other server hmmm ... there were a few ...

Lyzzacious

Everybody should totally ignore many of the negative things that xenocide said, because I have played scythe much longer than he did and joined long before him, and I can say that many of those things aren't true or are  exaggerated beyond belief.  I had the personal "pleasure" of knowing xenocide and have seen how he behaves... ;p

Scythe RO is totally amazing: the classes are relatively well-balanced (omg, un-nerf ice wall plzzzzz); the mvps are relatively easy to kill if you're the proper level to take them on (as well as properly equipped), so it's not like they're god-monsters (although it WOULD be nice if some of them spawned a teeny bit more frequently, due to the 5% card drop); the members and staff are nice, and members who break the rules are dealt with accordingly; lots of opportunities to get customs and the like; as well as many other things. :)
I've been playing for four months, and have never failed to find something to entertain myself with, whether it be training a new character, pvping, mvping, or just chilling with all the people in comodo. :3

Zone

Obviously the only way you would claim to know me is if you are x Ghost x, care to clarify your identity so I can check it by how you talk?
Second of all, I never used that name on scythe.
Also, exaggerated?
Zairik unbanned Cory because of Ghost abusing her powers and Akedia using foul language. Since then Akedia hasn't been online.
Lying about me, this is all discussed on my topic, lies such as bribing with mvp cards, when I don't have any I don't use, so I don't have any to offer.
Foul language in pvp when I started scythe, I didn't pvp until my last week on scythe.
Abuse? How the hell did that come up?
Harassment? How the hell did that come up too?
Neither of those have I done, and Not once have I been talked to by a gm for anything I have done, other than when I told a person to shut the f*** up, do to him saying he was going to come to my house, bash my head in, and shoot me. Dewfist came, Not Ghost.
Now isn't that justified?
Ghost claimed to get those reports, why the hell didn't she handle them?
Then she is failing to do her job.
The staff are only friendly to those who don't agree with their abuse of power, otherwise, they start the lies.
Dewfist is a good helper, there is no doubt in my mind, he just needs to be more active.Supports gms lying.
Ghost, she is abusive, she lies, and bans someone before they can defend themselves in the forums.
Sho, I don't see any problem with him except that he will back up Ghost even when she lies.
Akedia, he needs to check his language when he is getting upset. And needs to be more active.
Posted on: Nov 28, 2007, 11:26 am
Now that I think about it, isn't Ghost's name Liz? or Elizabeth?
I have heard it alot.