RO and gender confusion

Started by BMontgomery, Jul 06, 2007, 03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transcend

Im proud of my male paladin sprite......

Deviant

Most girl sprites > Most boy sprites. ;D

(Im a boy btw, playing a girl creator D: )

Glenn

For the most part, I play male characters now... because I hate being mistaken for a girl. I used to cross-play very often(ie. always)

A friend asked me why once, I told him "If I have to look at an @ss all day, it better be a damn good one." I've seen my friends do it to gain items. I've never accepted bribes, and usually ended up pking whomever did bribe me.

For me, it was more of a, I don't feel like staring at a guy's donkey all day, even if it is only a 2-D donkey. I still acted like a guy though, never role-played into it.
-- Ragna-Retired --

Transcend

Quote from: Deviant on Jul 07, 2007, 09:00 PM
Most girl sprites > Most boy sprites. ;D

(Im a boy btw, playing a girl creator D: )
Shame on you @_@

Mortiik

But male creator looks really bad. Ridiculous cape, a beer belly..my creators have always been female for that reason.
And hunters/snipers too. Just..what the hell?
Actually, thinking of that..clowns too. Bard is okay but the trans class? ick.

Quote"You may strategically place your wonderful lips upon my posterior and kiss it repeatedly."

Head Monocle of DOOM

The correct answer is because we can and we want to. -shrug- And for Bard/Dancer people it's a choice of skills.

I do both genders. Personally I dont see it any different from playing something like Street Fighter where you can choose between a girl character or a male character.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

bleu

Quote from: Transcend on Jul 07, 2007, 06:48 PM

But they look fat  /ok

Littlechan

Quote from: bleu on Dec 29, 2008, 04:57 AM
Quote from: Transcend on Jul 07, 2007, 06:48 PM

But they look fat  /ok

but they look cool for me :3

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Cielte

Both female and male paladins look fat ._.

Omi

I tend to play female characters for priest class, dancer class and any assassin's I make.  I just like the way their sprite looks over the male sprites (Which is the reason why most people I know who do do it do it).  I know some people do it just to get accepted a little bit in servers instead of feeling left out (like my friend on iRO valk made a female priest and started getting tonnes of friend requests) but most people don't really care about that - it's just a character sprite.

Hanyuu

I end up having two accounts. A female for my soullinker, high wiz and sinx who usualy ends up becoming the guild leader just because it's a fem character, then my male account for my more serious characters.

It's mostly based on my past experiences and the way other players treated me. When my female sinx was leader, the other people who we beat kept saying I would sleep with the admin or a gm to get my items when in reality I just took them away from my guildmates. :P They also always assumed that the reason I was leader was because I had cloak, so they never bothered talking to me about alliances. Instead they'd talk to a co-leader, thinking they were the real brains in running a guild. =\

However, if my male sinx was leader, people would think I worked for my gear. They would send in a female character to talk to me about making an alliance, or funny enough, try to seduce me. But RO isnt as bad as WoW when it comes to the mistreatment of female sprites.
I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth, you refuse to believe in it.

I cannot quench your thirst
Because no such truth exists that you are in anticipation for.

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert.

Descent

Depends. I pretty much use a standard gender scheme depending on class and type...

DD Sin X - Female
Crit Sin X - Male
LK - Female
Paladin - Male
High Priest - Female
Sniper - Female
Champion - Male
Stalker - Female
Creator - Male
Professor - Male
Soul Linker - Female

:P Of course, I always will let it be known if I'm on an F character that it's not a girl behind the sprite, which of course, illicits an "ew" or "ur gay NOOOOOOB" from players, but then again...they talk even more when that same female LK is shredding them a new a**hole in PVP. By that point it's "plz stop".

Sildan

I tend to not care about gender, I mostly flip a coin, when I pick or...
I pick option two, which is use what's on there ^^

Aris

stalker - female
sinx - female but sometimes male
champion - male but sometimes female
hp - male
ws - male
creator - male
paladin - male
lk - male
hw - male
prof - male
clown/gypsy - male but that really is more of a skill choice lol. (i love how clowns look btw)
sl - female

DragonHero

well on my server... i will try to keep people with their own gender. i am currently implementing adult (naked) sprites in an adult section that if people were to be age verified they can get to that will also mean that i will change their chars to their correct gender. because... i dont want deceiption in the adult only maps. there is also members only maps which will have alot of customs. I will probably end off revamping the whole mobdb and mob_skill just to add many more monsters on my server. and utilizing the unused maps.
Come and play RuthlessRO! Its my new server! And i am trying to make it fun! To find my server just click the link under the image below!

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=4347&url_sname=RuthlessRO