Ragnarok-Online.org

Started by Scereye, Apr 26, 2010, 07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkDevine

Hello l2ue.

Your doubts, as the ones of the two posters before, are completely valid.
I don't know how this will get into the HoS yet, but I'm sure you can explain this point.
Quote from: l2ue on Aug 19, 2010, 03:55 PM
1) Server emphasize on proper use of donation money.
- It obvious that some of the staff members work hard for the server, but what do they get in return? Hardware can be considered an asset which can be disburse when the server closes down. And they could take some of the donation money by reporting it under "professional services." Its not hard to figure out that anything that looks legitimate, can also be corrupt, for example, Bernie Madoff.
I know it sounds stupid, but we're not in it for money, we're in it because we like RO, because we want to keep RO alive and because every bigger project counts as a reference for even bigger projects. As said, there will be complete gains/expenses logs available on the website to show you that we're not doing it for money. Personally even I wouldn't believe that when I'd read it from someone else, but that's just how it is.
The association that will be created in germany is not able to have earnings for the participants of that association, we'd come in trouble with the german law if we'd not spend every cent in the association that is earning money.
2) Lacking updates / content in FB, Twitter, and Wiki.
- There update post dates jump in months not weeks. Lack of special events and news usually isn't a good thing. If this is as big of deal as it has been advertise, it would get at least some community events or staff reporting.
Absolutely true. Sadly all there is at the moment is Sirius_Black coding the whole day. As for my part, the website codes are already done, I'm not very skilled in C, I can't take part at the further development. The rest of the team somewhat stopped developing because of missing trust in Sirius_Black's work, I don't know why exactly.
3) Postpone released data due to personal problems already.
- Pretty much shows the dedication and the amount of work that the staff can't handle. They're are supposely working there asses off for no gain.
True, too. The last days looked bad from the outside, though, the development always went on, there've been no stops and we, Sirius_Black and me alone, can throughoutly handle the current work that needs to be done.
4) There advertisement thread has been on RMS for OVER +3 months.
- And it isn't surpising to know that DarkDevine is the marketer. Which is odd since he isn't even the thread starter.
I'm not the marketer, actually, I'm just the webcoder. I don't get too internal information, I do my work and thats it. Sorry if my position doesn't satisfy your need for information, for that you'd need to get to Sirius_Black.
5) Features and customs sounds TOO good to be true.
- Personally, I know how hard it is to developed a project of this scale, which means like most businesses. When work gets tough, they cut corners that can cost them big. Also, it takes years for a game to develop and months for beta.
The serverengine is based on Yare that was developed over years by Sirius_Black. He's able to create a server that contains the advertised features, I have no doubts in that. You may have them, you'll see if they are confirmed once ROorg is released.
6) Things such as "Press Release" are probably over-hype and low-profile.
- The words press release usually reminds you of the media in terms of news coverage or whatever. But looks to me like yet another overhype and low-profile server.
Actually I said the same thing to Sirius_Black.
7) No one knows anything.
- An safe assumption.
Sometimes it's better to not know everything, else you'd be missing the "surprise"-effect once ROorg is released.
I wonder how confident the staff is with there current project.
Sirius_Black and me are 100% confident, I don't know about the other staff members and actually I don't even care, since Black and me can handle it alone.

Anyways, like said in my post before, if even you got further questions, feel free to PM me and I can explain stuff more detailed, RMS taught me, that wall-of-text posts are mostly skipped and no one cares.

Regards
TotalRO - 10x/10x

l2ue

Lol. This is even worse than I expected. The entire project turns out to be a one man army led by Sirus Black, while the rest of the staff are incompetent cheerleaders.

If that website turns out to be trash, that would be even more pathetic. Heres what I'm expecting, just to see if you actually did anything for the project. 1) Professional HTML/CSS base design with compatibility for every browser. 2) HD graphics and flash content with well-done logos/banners and natural wording. 3) Fully scripted control panel featuring user and admin account management, ladders, server information, and any unique features other than the ones on flux. Meaning that it should be custom since the server is heavily emphasis on custom-made. 4) Forum with custom made skin using IPB or Bulletin Board. 5) Website must have an extraordinary amount of content explaining nearly everything and anything about the server. After all, you take questions and can explain things in detail. 6) At least one extraordinary feature. 7) A well managed host for the website.

These are just some of things that I would've on my website if I had months to work on it with pre-existing knowledge on web design (HTML, CSS) and coding (PHP, JAVA, AJAX, RUBY, SQL), as well as an elite graphics designer girlfriend who also happens to be on the staff. If you've atleast 1, 2, 3, and 5. That be great.

"The school of the undefeated East!"
"The winds of the king!"
"Look! The East is burning red!"

FrEeDoMe

Quote from: DarkDevine on Aug 19, 2010, 05:13 PM
Sometimes it's better to not know everything, else you'd be missing the "surprise"-effect once ROorg is released.

Well it will be a suprise if this project ever gets released.

Good luck stealing these paying euRO players anyway.

DarkDevine

Quote from: FrEeDoMe on Aug 20, 2010, 06:04 AM
Good luck stealing these paying euRO players anyway.
euRO goes down in september, Gravity abandoned it.

Thanks for your comment, anyways.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

squallleonhart

this is official ro oo?

DarkDevine

I request a close of this thread.

The purpose of this thread was information about this project, currently people just need to follow the wiki in case of the need of updates.
For detailed explanations I request that people just PM me or visit our IRC/TeamSpeak.

Like I said in almost every post, get some patience and wait until ROorg releases more information and first beta-clients etc., nothing is sure yet, yet it's just a project that's coding an own client and server-engine and will set up a server with it that Gravity can't sue for their activities.
You're actually hyping this project too much.

I am not a marketer or community manager, I'm the just the web-coder. There is nothing that I can tell you that is for sure.

As for any further questions, I'll not respond in this thread anymore, I explained most stuff, everything else that can come now is flame and bashing.

Regards and thanks in advance
TotalRO - 10x/10x

wireless

Less than two weeks to October 3 and looks like there's nothing new  :-\  is anyone even working on this server anymore?

Usagimimi

Quote from: wireless on Sep 22, 2010, 03:07 PM
Less than two weeks to October 3 and looks like there's nothing new  :-\  is anyone even working on this server anymore?

That's what I'm wondering. The last update was months ago. Either August or April, I forgot lol

Yomi

Interesting and Exciting. I'll be playing this if it goes well and be dragging some. I think I've seen somethng new client developed at eA last week o.o idk if that is the one they will use. But as far as I know, only one person made/developing it.

I should search something about the info's of those staffs. :P
[color=green]A New Genre of [color=orange]Ragnarok Gaming[/color] Experience.[/color]
[color=red]Coming Soon.[/color]

Kuprin

They're trying to run a high-profile, pay-to-play server, in GERMANY of all countries, and expecting not to get choked out by the long arm of the law and/or hand of oppression? Hahahaha. Have these people even ever SEEN Germany's legal system? Sure it might take them fifty years to see a court date, but it's still not going to be pleasant.

Hall of Shame. It's all a f*** hoax.
Embrace the invigorating spirit of sport! Come, fight me!

Scereye

Quote from: Kuprin on Sep 23, 2010, 12:25 AM
They're trying to run a high-profile, pay-to-play server, in GERMANY of all countries, and expecting not to get choked out by the long arm of the law and/or hand of oppression? Hahahaha. Have these people even ever SEEN Germany's legal system? Sure it might take them fifty years to see a court date, but it's still not going to be pleasant.

Hall of Shame. It's all a f*** hoax.

You obviously dont know Sirius_black.

Close the thread please, i wanted to inform for this server in the first place, now people are just complaining.

Also the informations are not up 2 date anymore.

DarkDevine

In Germany we say "Ausnahmen bestätigen die Regel", or "Exceptions confirm the rule".
If you don't know about the gray zones in the german law system, don't talk about said system.

By the way, who said it would be Pay2Play? ROorg is completely free and all features are accessible without even spending a cent.
TotalRO - 10x/10x