Ragnarok-Online.org

Started by Scereye, Apr 26, 2010, 07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scereye

You dont even know the servers features.
You cant know the Serverengine.
You cant know the new client.

So how can u say "Same game, different server"? If your point is "it reamains beeing ro" ... well... what the hell are you searching for? Every Ragnarok Online server remains beeing Ragnarok online. :p
Plus im really looking ages for a really good low rates server where i can start from the begin as i did at the euro pserver time (before official euro started).

I dont say this server is going to be kick a** and everything else will die because of this server. I just want you to give it atleast a chance. Try it, test it, then flame if u want to :P.
Flaming without knowing anything but the staff bout the server is kinda crap, especially when the staffs are from eA imo.

DarkDevine

Noone ever said that ROorg will be a project changing everything or a project that will get many players, noone.

Every project everyone of us does just can't be more than a try, because you can never know if it fails or not.
If it's a failure, you try something new, if not, then you can sit back and watch it growing, you're through it.

Everyone in the ROorg Team, except Simca, is familiar with eAthena for years now, we all had own servers, more than one mostly,
we all contributed tons of stuff to the eAthena community, we've been learning eAthena all the time, playing with it, trying things out,
adjusting, fixing and optimizing it. Noone is perfect, I would never say that, and I believe GorthexTiger as well as l2ue have the same, if not
more experience with eAthena, so sure, there is a possibility that ROorg will be a fail, but there's also a high chance that it will be a success.

It's just senseless to say "Uhh, bad project, germans, pinoy holocaust etc.", it won't hurt one of us and more than that,
like I said a page before I think, pessimists get nowhere in life, if you don't even try, you're purposed to fail.
If you try, there can be both, win and fail. And what of those it will be, noone can't decide.

More than that, l2ue: ROorg will run with an own serverengine as well as an own client, self-coded, UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES, the ROorg project is interesting in a few ways, if they aren't interesting to you, keep it at that, don't visit us on 01-08-2010 and just keep your biased and racism opinion by yourself. You may know about eAthena, I can't know if you do or not, I don't know you, but you're far not the best one out there and I believe, that Sirius_White's and Sirius_Black's experience goes far beyond your's, far beyond that of everyone here, they've been with it when eAthena didn't even exist, they've been with it when eAthena started, they've been with it when eAthena grew. Those two are the leaders of the ROorg project, where I won't say that success is to be bound to occur, but at least the success chance will be higher than you can imagine with your biased points.
To your racism comments: Should all germans stay away of IT now, because we can't change the way past proceeded? There are worse nations out there, people getting killed in different countries, every day, that's amerika in iraq for you, that's the ruling families in phillipines, that's people in africa that fight for god and food and there are many more. Take some history lessons dude, seriously.

Please, guys, just cut it.
It doesn't matter what you say, we will either ignore it or prove you wrong. We have a plan, we have a project, we have the team for it, we have the ideas and the possibilities. We are going to create ROorg and we are going to release it.
This thread had it's purpose, you wanted to have information, information will follow in the statement we're still writing.
Until that, just stop posting, it's senseless and everything posted now is a pure flame-war, which should not be held in a thread like that.

Thanks for reading my wall of text.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

DeePee

Why does every topic on RMS somehow result in drama...

Still looking forward to this project. Looks very promising and I'm very curious of what you guys will pull off :)

Relics

...in the blink of an eye this topic indeed derailed abit.

anyway, cleaned.

ont: This is indeed very interesting for the fact that it remains classic, which I will always love.

DarkDevine

TotalRO - 10x/10x

Usagimimi

I'm really, really hyped about this.

That is, if it's at least 10/10/10 ;-; < sad face, appeal to it?

Signify

Any word on when the press release will happen?
It sounds like a very interesting project.

ore0s

Really looking forward to this server once it opens in August.  After reading through what I needed to read, I wish the best of luck to everyone at roorg even though they won't be needing it~

Judgement

If it racks up a good number players on opening day, I may join. :)
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Signify

Quote from: Judgement on May 13, 2010, 03:49 PM
If it racks up a good number players on opening day, I may join. :)

No doubt it will, even if it's just people wanting to take a look rather than play :)

adhelle

may I ask how the character transfer works?

DarkDevine

Quote from: adhelle on May 14, 2010, 11:03 AM
may I ask how the character transfer works?
I guess that will be explained in the PR as well.

I am waiting for the PR as well, I am barely online atm so I don't know the current status.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Chuck

So uhhh. What's the news?

Scereye

Yeah.. News would be nice D:

Kaezar

I can't access the website.

Is this thing over?  ???