Project Alfheim targeted by Gravity

Started by betwixtbetween, Mar 15, 2023, 05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushiro

Quote from: rubie123 on Mar 20, 2023, 08:15 AM
Dude, this sh*t's just getting old and you need to stop and accept that every game out there is p2w one way or another, whether it's official or private.
And Alfheim's p2w is harmless compared to many out there. No body likes to work for free, and that goes for private server admins as well.
This is how the world works, deal with it.

So now you admit it is p2w, thanks clown.

Sairek Ceareste

Quote from: Kushiro on Mar 19, 2023, 08:07 PM
I agree with most of what you said, just disagree with what I felt it was you saying we should just accept that most games are p2w because IMO we should push against it but overall I agree with your post.

IMO Project Alfheim is a decent fun server, I would prefer a classic server with no multi account and no other garbage like TravelsRo was but we don't have anything like that, the current trend is to modify the game and at least Projct Alfheim is fun and IMO did better in this regard than other attempts like Asgard Memes or Failure Stories, I am not even that salty about them making a profit for costumes what I really dislike is this clowns saying is not P2W when it clearly is, like just accept it clowns and they don't do it because then they would have to recognize that they essentially cheated to get what others get with actual effort in the game, so it is more about protecting their egos than the server or the server administrators.

But it could be that somehow Gravity knows that P alfheim is making a ton of cash and they want to go after them, who knows, I wish they just opened a very good server to compete with the private servers instead of doing s*** witch hunts because people like me won't go and play officials, f*** that disgrace I prefer to play other games than that, the only way people like me will go back to officials is if they do a proper classic server, sub based, no p2w otherwise leave my P. servers alone, even if you have the right to defend your IP if you are not offering something better then you also are at fault that people don't want to play your s*** game.

Payon Stories is doing just fine, thanks.

You personally not enjoying something doesn't make that thing a "failure." Clearly the thousands of registered players that keep coming back to play like something that we're doing one way or another, or they wouldn't keep logging in. /hmm

You want a classic RO, which is fine, but that has never been the server goal. We wanted a server that emulates the classic feeling of experiencing something that's nostalgic but for the first time. Many players expressed that feeling and like it. in that regard, the server is a success.

In my personal opinion, premium cosmetics are fine, but I think they should be account bound, so such cosmetics cannot influence the market. Having a way for players to get those costumes without paying would make those players happy, too.

Obviously, letting premiums be traded into the player market makes more money because there's more "use" for those cosmetics then, but it will impact that market in a way that affects game balance. Having the ability to control the market with a swipe or three with one's credit card without even having to do anything in the actual game is pretty powerful.

Kirenisia

Quote from: Sairek Ceareste on Mar 20, 2023, 08:58 PM

Payon Stories is doing just fine, thanks..

somthing not add up here............................

@yc
sorry yc try my best at the english I can try my spelling better.....hope can improve!!!!!!!!!!!!!  /kis

Sairek Ceareste

Quote from: Kirenisia on Mar 20, 2023, 09:08 PM
somthing not add up here............................

@yc
sorry yc try my best at the english I can try my spelling better.....hope can improve!!!!!!!!!!!!!  /kis

That's what happens when people get banned for breaking the rules. They retaliate with a negative review.
There's also a couple of fake ones, like how can a player play the server for a year or more, if it has existed only for a few months? How can one review WoE balance, before there was even any WoE?

And then there's the "Oathkeeper is secretly Dastgir" tinfoil hat theory which is hilarious.

I also still get harassed by a couple of random people on Reddit who keeps making sock puppet accounts. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the negative reviews are from the same person, though I have no evidence of that so it is what it is.
I also don't know why they do it considering I barely use Reddit. Like maybe a couple to a few times a year, if that, but oh well. Either way, at least one person has an agenda to try and sabotage the reputation of the server, if at least to harm me for whatever reason.

Anyway, if the server was "a failure", we wouldn't have to keep banning attempts at RMT like it's a game of whack-a-mole. Nobody would sell and buy in a black market on a server that has no people on it and no demand for those services.

Kirenisia

strange 37% reviews faked or rule breaker........rules at server 4000 word essay might be problem......do Saitek think all people read that to play? I think not.......it like the terms and condition page every one check mark they read it but no one do that  /heh

back at topic is any update on gravity dmca? have theory charlie retaliate against the player report him own server to quiet shut down after few weeks.....collect player money and run.....all that with him favorite quote "deal with it".......is scary thought but some one has to said it.....think of your player charlie

scrubr

Quote from: Kushiro on Mar 19, 2023, 08:25 PM
Yeah, that is why I said I am not that salty about it but it is p2w, I just heavily dislike people pretending it isn't, if they outright said: "yeah its' p2w you decide if you don't want to play because of that don't do it" it would be exactly my desicion to accept it or not after assesing what the server offers in general and right now the only things I don't like its this p2w and the horrible custom endgame dungeons, in fact I would leave faster if it suddenly was a requierement to engage in that s*** content because I dislike forced group content with passion, but overall the balance is on the positive size in my opinion in Project Alfheim the server itself and the features because the administrator damn... people said bad s*** about Lordj but he had a suggestions channel and actually listened to people feedback and suggestions, Project Alfheim administration are the most fragile individuals I have seen as faces of a project, literally adverse to people disagreeing with them or even hearing their suggestions, they litterally built their discord as a "safe space" from people giving any kind of input to the administration and then they wonder why nobody wants to help them test their new classes (which is a good thing they are buffing the expanded classes to have a rebirth) and probably most don't have time to test but the few that could be willing know that they are not there to suggest any form of changes or adjustments they are there to validate what charlie thinks is the only possible way to make things.

I know I am sounding very negative and I am about the administrators but the server itself, lands on the positive side for me currently.

Lmao this is exactly the kind of people you don't want in your server.

Lets say the server is p2w, what can you really do about it?

Besides crying in RMS or crying nonstop in Discord.

You can't do anything about it.

The people who play it will STILL play it regardless of what you say.

Money will still come in.

You can invite other players to leave, but I bet the admin will not consider it a significant loss.

More money will still come in for them, and you will ponder up more resentment.

In the end, I assume you will be part of a drama-fueled "WE ARE LEAVING" exit strike that consists of people who aren't important in the admin's eyes.

Currently, you are actively posting here in RMS parading that the server is p2w.

There is a good chance that you are going to question my account because its new and this is my first post which is a cheap argument but be my guest.

I don't even play Project Alfheim,

But I play RO exactly how you hate it:

I buy things that they sell using real money,

And I sell that s*** with things that they can farm in-game for.

Why do I do that?

Its because I do not have the luxury of time to farm countless of hours because I have other real life commitments.

Is it wrong?

For you it may be, but for others like me, its the best way to deal against the hourly grind.

I just followed this thread and damn the amount s*** you have about p2w got me posting here.

I just wanted to let you know that successful servers like Project Alfheim will only go down in two ways:

1. If the admin decides to close the server
2. If Gravity decides to C&D

It will never go down because of whatever you are doing like posting crybaby s*** about p2w here in RMS or discord.

Whatever baby stuff you are doing now here in RMS is not gonna make a dent in their cash machine.

You make it sound like p2w is a bad thing. Leave the server already! They probably don't need you.

Sairek Ceareste

Quote from: Kirenisia on Mar 21, 2023, 05:44 AM
strange 37% reviews faked or rule breaker........rules at server 4000 word essay might be problem......do Saitek think all people read that to play? I think not.......it like the terms and condition page every one check mark they read it but no one do that  /heh

back at topic is any update on gravity dmca? have theory charlie retaliate against the player report him own server to quiet shut down after few weeks.....collect player money and run.....all that with him favorite quote "deal with it".......is scary thought but some one has to said it.....think of your player charlie

I didn't say all of them are fake, did I? Please quote where I said that, because I am pretty sure I didn't. In fact, I am pretty sure I specifically explained which ones were fake.

And if people don't read the rules and break them then get banned for it, how is that the server's fault for wanting to keep the game environment clean and fair?

"Oh, I know the person cheated by running a third party macro script, or by modifying their client to gain in-game advantages, or by harassing other players, but do you really expect them to read and follow the rules?"

Yes. Yes we do.

yC

Sairek Ceareste thanks for making an effort to response to Payon Stories query even this topic should be on "Project Alfheim targeted by Gravity" not about p2w nor other servers.

With that, this topic is getting way out of topic with many troll posts deleted.  Locking.  Question about Payon Stories can go to a new topic or just ask Sairek in his discord.