Project Alfheim targeted by Gravity

Started by betwixtbetween, Mar 15, 2023, 05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushiro

Quote from: Develon on Mar 18, 2023, 12:57 PM
Any game will be p2w if you can have an advantage over other players if you put in cash.
But there are different levels of p2w, costumes are on the lower end of things. As you're only generating costumes which have no impact ingame whatsoever.
Compare Costumes vs. Official levels of p2w where you buy not only enriched/hd Ores to upgrade gear, but also the gears themselves depending on server.

Stop the red herring about just being costumes. You can sell them for zeny, and it is even worse now that they disable the purchases because now the people that bought those costumes etc are inflating the prices thus getting even more zeny for them.

If you could not sell them for zeny then it would not be p2w, it's the fact that you are essentially converting real money into zenny what is the problem.

Peanut

Quote from: Kushiro on Mar 18, 2023, 06:13 PM
Stop the red herring about just being costumes. You can sell them for zeny, and it is even worse now that they disable the purchases because now the people that bought those costumes etc are inflating the prices thus getting even more zeny for them.

If you could not sell them for zeny then it would not be p2w, it's the fact that you are essentially converting real money into zenny what is the problem.
and if you make them untradeable f2p Players will complain about, you need to Pay for costumes, Server is not f2p friendly and only want your Cash ;)

Kushiro

Quote from: Peanut on Mar 18, 2023, 06:36 PM
and if you make them untradeable f2p Players will complain about, you need to Pay for costumes, Server is not f2p friendly and only want your Cash ;)

No that wouldn't happen because costumes are not essential for gameplay.

betwixtbetween

Alfheim has a ton of ugly sprites that aren't even made by gravity.

Blows my mind people throw their money to get that crap.

Kushiro

Quote from: betwixtbetween on Mar 18, 2023, 11:14 PM
Alfheim has a ton of ugly sprites that aren't even made by gravity.

Blows my mind people throw their money to get that crap.

The discord is full of retards so it's understandable, and the most retarded one I have met I call her: Diarrhelea , she likes to talk about how much she spends on costumes and how much money she throws at the server.

A lot of the auras they use look cringe AF, some not very intrusive costumes aren't that bad but what this "people" wear to display their "status" are laughably ridiculous.

rubie123

I don't understand why some of these people here are hating on this server for no reason. I play this server and I can guarantee it's not p2w.
Just because the server is earning an income through selling costumes doesn't mean it's pay to win. A server has to have a way of making money as well.
And this topic is about Gravity targeting them, not about their donation system. So stop the hate.
--------------------------------
RMS NEEDS A MAKEOVER!

Develon

Quote from: rubie123 on Mar 19, 2023, 09:08 AM
And this topic is about Gravity targeting them, not about their donation system. So stop the hate.

True and I apologize for going offtopic.
Hopefully server is fine, as an example NovaRO, is/was also targeted and is still up a year later.
For those playing I hope it gives some relief.

@offtopic:
Now if you want to be a s*** regarding Alfheim "2 Slots PepeLaugh"

Playtester

Pretty much every MMORPGs in existence right now is P2W anyway, you can barely use it as an insult anymore.

If you only had costumes that give no stats and are not tradable, it would not be P2W at all, though.

If you have anything in the shop that is tradable, it's already P2W as you can basically buy Zeny. It doesn't even matter if what in the shop is just costumes or other items that boost stats/exp/drop rate.

The only P2W that's even worse is if you can get a boost by money that is not tradable and cannot be gotten with ingame effort.

Though I'm not sure why this is even a topic here, unless you think Gravity targets Alfheim because it's P2W. I'd say in case of a lawsuit it would be somewhat related, because if a private server isn't making a lot of money, it's not worth filing a lawsuit against it. But just sending copyright strikes? I'm pretty sure Gravity just goes by where the most players are in that case to give people a "reminder" that's it's better to play on official servers.

Kushiro

I don't understand why some of these people here are hating on this server for no reason. I play this server and I can guarantee it's not p2w.
Just because the server is earning an income through selling costumes doesn't mean it's pay to win. A server has to have a way of making money as well.

It is p2w because you can sell the costumes for zeny essentially trading real money for zeny.

Just stop.

Kushiro

Quote from: Playtester on Mar 19, 2023, 12:59 PM
Pretty much every MMORPGs in existence right now is P2W anyway, you can barely use it as an insult anymore.

If you only had costumes that give no stats and are not tradable, it would not be P2W at all, though.

If you have anything in the shop that is tradable, it's already P2W as you can basically buy Zeny. It doesn't even matter if what in the shop is just costumes or other items that boost stats/exp/drop rate.

The only P2W that's even worse is if you can get a boost by money that is not tradable and cannot be gotten with ingame effort.

Though I'm not sure why this is even a topic here, unless you think Gravity targets Alfheim because it's P2W. I'd say in case of a lawsuit it would be somewhat related, because if a private server isn't making a lot of money, it's not worth filing a lawsuit against it. But just sending copyright strikes? I'm pretty sure Gravity just goes by where the most players are in that case to give people a "reminder" that's it's better to play on official servers.

I agree with most of what you said, just disagree with what I felt it was you saying we should just accept that most games are p2w because IMO we should push against it but overall I agree with your post.

IMO Project Alfheim is a decent fun server, I would prefer a classic server with no multi account and no other garbage like TravelsRo was but we don't have anything like that, the current trend is to modify the game and at least Projct Alfheim is fun and IMO did better in this regard than other attempts like Asgard Memes or Failure Stories, I am not even that salty about them making a profit for costumes what I really dislike is this clowns saying is not P2W when it clearly is, like just accept it clowns and they don't do it because then they would have to recognize that they essentially cheated to get what others get with actual effort in the game, so it is more about protecting their egos than the server or the server administrators.

But it could be that somehow Gravity knows that P alfheim is making a ton of cash and they want to go after them, who knows, I wish they just opened a very good server to compete with the private servers instead of doing s*** witch hunts because people like me won't go and play officials, f*** that disgrace I prefer to play other games than that, the only way people like me will go back to officials is if they do a proper classic server, sub based, no p2w otherwise leave my P. servers alone, even if you have the right to defend your IP if you are not offering something better then you also are at fault that people don't want to play your s*** game.

Neffletics

Quote from: Kushiro on Mar 19, 2023, 07:56 PM
It is p2w because you can sell the costumes for zeny essentially trading real money for zeny.

Just stop.

I agree, this is pay-to-win. Although buying the costume doesn't guarantee that you can easily convert it to zeny, it still gives an advantage to paying players compared to those who don't pay. But let's be real, these servers wouldn't exist without sufficient funding. The staff has to be compensated for their time, and they have to pay the server bills, which increase as they scale.

Compared to the official server, the "pay-to-win" element in private servers that only sell costumes is considered the least game-breaking. In other private servers, you can literally buy enriched oridecon and elunium, potions, MVP cards, and headgears with +1~3 stats.

Quote from: Kushiro on Mar 19, 2023, 08:07 PM
I am not even that salty about them making a profit for costumes

It shouldn't be a big deal unless you're jealous that someone else is making more money than you. Well, that's capitalism for you.
solacero rip

Kushiro

Quote from: Neffletics on Mar 19, 2023, 08:12 PM
I agree, this is pay-to-win. Although buying the costume doesn't guarantee that you can easily convert it to zeny, it still gives an advantage to paying players compared to those who don't pay. But let's be real, these servers wouldn't exist without sufficient funding. The staff has to be compensated for their time, and they have to pay the server bills, which increase as they scale.

Compared to the official server, the "pay-to-win" element in private servers that only sell costumes is considered the least game-breaking. In other private servers, you can literally buy enriched oridecon and elunium, potions, MVP cards, and headgears with +1~3 stats.

It shouldn't be a big deal unless you're jealous that someone else is making more money than you. Well, that's capitalism for you.

Yeah, that is why I said I am not that salty about it but it is p2w, I just heavily dislike people pretending it isn't, if they outright said: "yeah its' p2w you decide if you don't want to play because of that don't do it" it would be exactly my desicion to accept it or not after assesing what the server offers in general and right now the only things I don't like its this p2w and the horrible custom endgame dungeons, in fact I would leave faster if it suddenly was a requierement to engage in that s*** content because I dislike forced group content with passion, but overall the balance is on the positive size in my opinion in Project Alfheim the server itself and the features because the administrator damn... people said bad s*** about Lordj but he had a suggestions channel and actually listened to people feedback and suggestions, Project Alfheim administration are the most fragile individuals I have seen as faces of a project, literally adverse to people disagreeing with them or even hearing their suggestions, they litterally built their discord as a "safe space" from people giving any kind of input to the administration and then they wonder why nobody wants to help them test their new classes (which is a good thing they are buffing the expanded classes to have a rebirth) and probably most don't have time to test but the few that could be willing know that they are not there to suggest any form of changes or adjustments they are there to validate what charlie thinks is the only possible way to make things.

I know I am sounding very negative and I am about the administrators but the server itself, lands on the positive side for me currently.

Kirenisia

excus mi kushro......................plz not curs at the chat...........em think not god lock for yu....mayb can HURT charli felling and can buy costem ice cram hat cold yor hed down.............. /wah

hope sum juztic can found charli say he can fund survr many yeer if not then clos the door can RUN WITH PLAYR MUNNY????????????????  /pif

how manny yeer can it open charli wat i wunt 2 no...............seem negtiv rat mi sope opra thrads mak charli fell fake gravty intrvansion so can clos in few mont SPLIT ON THE MUNNY RUN

rubie123

Quote from: Kushiro on Mar 19, 2023, 07:56 PM

Just stop.

Dude, this sh*t's just getting old and you need to stop and accept that every game out there is p2w one way or another, whether it's official or private.
And Alfheim's p2w is harmless compared to many out there. No body likes to work for free, and that goes for private server admins as well.
This is how the world works, deal with it.

--------------------------------
RMS NEEDS A MAKEOVER!

Kirenisia

rubi12345 charlis alt raet mi soaps opra accunt..................c o n f o r m e d

deal wit it  /omg /omg /omg