Project Alfheim Server Rollback

Started by betwixtbetween, Apr 01, 2023, 11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betwixtbetween

Project Alfheim still getting a ton of server issues /omg

Inochi

Ten minutes of lost gameplay isn't that serious. Only thing you can do is join another server or thank the gms for doing free work 🤷‍♂️
<3

Playtester

Pretty good of them to keep to frequent backups.

I still remember EternityRO having to close because the owner didn't keep a single backup and one of the GMs deleted the data.

Prussian

8-10 minutes doesn't seem that consequential imo, at least they're keeping frequent backups /heh

But then again I've never played on this server, you mention there have been other server issues?

betwixtbetween

Quote from: Prussian on Apr 02, 2023, 09:14 AM
8-10 minutes doesn't seem that consequential imo, at least they're keeping frequent backups /heh

But then again I've never played on this server, you mention there have been other server issues?

This is a new issue that's been compounding for months.

The previous unfixed ones that's been plaguing the server:
https://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/project-alfheim-server-stabilities-never-fixed-for-months/

If the old server issues aren't fixed yet and a new one like this shows up then it'll happen again but with insurmountable consequences.

Sachimi

Quote from: Playtester on Apr 02, 2023, 07:42 AM
Pretty good of them to keep to frequent backups.

I still remember EternityRO having to close because the owner didn't keep a single backup and one of the GMs deleted the data.

Karei lied about doing backups (even to the other staff), and the only other admin (yours truly) deleted a single table that could have been restored had those backups been done. Fixed it for ya.

Edit: There were backups, but the newest one at the time of the server shutdown was 6 months old. Which is how a GM (who was banned for spawning mobs and killing them with the killmonster command that lets the items drop on the ground, then letting a friend on a "legit" pick them up and do whatever with them) got to log back in and start banning everyone left and right. Which then was blamed on me, when I wasn't even there anymore and had no access to the backups or anything. I'm never gonna stop being upset about that corrupt piece of trash. He even gave out my real phone number because he was salty that I did what I had to in order to protect the innocent players.

Xellie

Kinda shocked you haven't made a thread about that one typo the GM made once in announcements.
Quote from: Aurus on Feb 13, 2024, 07:44 PMp.s. you are such a bad and toxic player I hope to never see you or your guild again

Kirenisia

Quote from: Xellie on Apr 05, 2023, 09:55 PM
Kinda shocked you haven't made a thread about that one typo the GM made once in announcements.

am having a shock you comment at this topic.........dont xellie have the woe to lost again?????????? never mind server might have a CRASH  /omg

thank to betwix making a post to warn other of bad charli and him bad server..............god bless have wonderful day

Lunalepsy

Quote from: Sachimi on Apr 03, 2023, 09:37 AM
Karei lied about doing backups (even to the other staff), and the only other admin (yours truly) deleted a single table that could have been restored had those backups been done. Fixed it for ya.

Edit: There were backups, but the newest one at the time of the server shutdown was 6 months old. Which is how a GM (who was banned for spawning mobs and killing them with the killmonster command that lets the items drop on the ground, then letting a friend on a "legit" pick them up and do whatever with them) got to log back in and start banning everyone left and right. Which then was blamed on me, when I wasn't even there anymore and had no access to the backups or anything. I'm never gonna stop being upset about that corrupt piece of trash. He even gave out my real phone number because he was salty that I did what I had to in order to protect the innocent players.

Are people still letting that person live rent-free in their subconscious? I know what Karei did was just a sample of terrible management, but I feel people hold long-term grudges for no reason.

Sachimi

Quote from: Lunalepsy on Apr 13, 2023, 09:30 PM
Are people still letting that person live rent-free in their subconscious? I know what Karei did was just a sample of terrible management, but I feel people hold long-term grudges for no reason.

Just want to point this out in case you missed it.

Karei stole money from players under false pretenses, lied to the staff as well as the players, and GAVE OUT MY REAL PHONE NUMBER TO HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE. Not just on Eternity's server, but also here on the RMS forum. That's well beyond terrible management, and I have every reason to be bitter about that. I already got death threats before that, and I got calls on that day with even more. I had to change my number and I was anxious about it for months afterward because I didn't know what else he was capable of. He threatened to take me to court to sue me for a bunch of stuff too (destroying his 'business', etc). I had players find me on another server years later, still angry, still giving me death threats, and demanding I give their money back because he told them that it was my fault and to get refunds from me (I never had access to it, only Karei did).

I only get upset about it now when people bring it up. I've gone years without thinking about it, because it's been such a long time now. It isn't a "grudge for no reason", but it isn't something I actively think about anymore unless reminded of it, like people posting about how "great" that bastard was. Or a former dev commenting about it but being incorrect about the facts, like in this thread. You can see my posts and how infrequently I've posted over the years too.

Playtester

Quote from: Sachimi on Apr 16, 2023, 02:55 PMOr a former dev commenting about it but being incorrect about the facts, like in this thread. You can see my posts and how infrequently I've posted over the years too.
I didn't even state anything incorrect. There was really zero need for you to jump in here.

Sachimi

Quote from: Playtester on Apr 16, 2023, 04:25 PM
I didn't even state anything incorrect. There was really zero need for you to jump in here.

Wasn't true though. You said there were "zero backups", but there were backups, just not recent ones. The server wasn't closed due to a lack of backups, it was due to Karei's abuse and his obvious realization that there weren't enough players left to donate enough to him. The data deleted was clearly not lost, since people could log in after I fully left. Karei was just lazy, a sh*tty server owner, and a true scumbag. THAT was what killed the server, not some (obviously recovered) data being deleted.

betwixtbetween

Server issues still rampant, little to no updates in terms of content. They've locked down ways for new players to join.

Seems like a sinking ship!

Inochi

Quote from: betwixtbetween on May 13, 2023, 08:54 AM
Server issues still rampant, little to no updates in terms of content. They've locked down ways for new players to join.

Seems like a sinking ship!

yeah! how dare this free game that was pirated over 20 years ago not give me anything to do!
<3

betwixtbetween

Charlie the admin made tons of posts ablut custom updates yet not a single update was implemented for months