Ragnarok Online - A New Venture [SURVEY]

Started by pranavrules, Jan 30, 2013, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pranavrules

Hello there everyone,

It's time to get this project rolling.. I have made a simple, yet quite encompassing survey with typical questions that would eventually lead to a substantial information knowledge-base for the development of the server.

Some questions require your honesty and efforts - please don't be stingy with either! :) Any questions are highly encouraged. Again, this isn't supposed to be any kind of a highly complicated survey - it's actually the exact opposite.. So please, go ahead and fill out the forms..

CLICK HERE FOR THE SURVEY!

Thank you so much!

Here are the links to the previous articles posted on Reddit, RMS and rAthena

Warm Regards,
Pranav ~

Skotlex

Does it even make sense to come to RMS and ask "What do you like in a server?" I feel like the regulars who visit RMS are hardly a good representative of the players that are left still playing RO around.

But that's just my impression from lurking around for a long time.

(RMS reviews)

Playtester

Especially, since if you are currently playing on a server and like it, you will manipulate the survey by voting for something that's completely different, so that the new server won't take away players from your server.

pranavrules

Surprisingly, we are getting a substantial amount of replies and there seems to be a quite noticeable trend! Almost all of them have the same opinions.. I don't know if it would be wise to judge the survey at such a premature stage, but it looks like it's going really well..

Thank you all for your concern and support.. As far as the replies to the survey go - I would take them as honest opinions, even though I know there's a likelihood of fake opinions being submitted. There's no way I can control that.

Thanks much once again, I really appreciate it.

Warm Regards,
Pranav

yC

I found the selection of answers does not always fit what I have in mind but I pick the closest anyway.

pranavrules

Quote from: yC on Jan 31, 2013, 10:14 PM
I found the selection of answers does not always fit what I have in mind but I pick the closest anyway.

I understand, I wanted to make the survey a lot more comprehensive, but then people lose interest as they are replying to those questions.. Please let me know if I can make any changes to the responses and/or the questions in any way possible to make them better. That would be really appreciated..

Thanks much,

Warm Regards,
Pranav

pranavrules

Hi there everyone, there has been one more question added down below at the end to the survey which would help you to stay updated - an email address field. Please feel free to add it in there or PM me here on the forums instead if you don't wish to fill the survey out again. Thank you for your time,

Warm Regards,
Pranav

Star Platinum

You're doing one thing wrong though.

Never plan to take players away from existing servers to start your own.

pranavrules

Quote from: Star Platinum on Feb 01, 2013, 10:39 AM
You're doing one thing wrong though.

Never plan to take players away from existing servers to start your own.

I completely agree with what you say.. I am not at all aiming at servers to take their players away from them.. As a former server owner myself, I know how hard it is to get a community started and how even tougher it gets to maintain one..

As I mentioned before in my previous post here, if I had to steal players, I would have not been so public about this topic.. I would've done something underground - like PM'ing people on their forums, ingame and whatnot. This is a project that I have undertaken to fulfill my inner most dream - to create a community of hardcore vanilla RO lovers and deliver to their expectations and needs :)

Just in case; here's a snippet from my previous post:

Quote from: pranavrules on Jan 23, 2013, 03:48 PM
I've thought about this long and hard and I figured it's time to take this idea from a drawing board concept to practical nuts and bolts. I've been observing all the successful and no so successful servers for the past few months to trace trends and observe their shortcomings and things that set them apart. Trust me, this is not to get or steal players from already accomplished servers, no, not at all. If that was the case, I wouldn't be here out in the open, I would've preferred a guerrilla tactics instead.. All my research is purely unorthodox and completely unheard of.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I mean to offend no one in this community, I am just a veteran RO player trying to give something back to the community :) Thanks and I hope you think the same.

Warm Regards,
Pranav

pranavrules

40 replies in 2 days.. This is absolutely amazing people!! The replies are quite insightful and really eye opening in certain cases.. This perspective of the general player quota should definitely put us on the right path.. Thanks once again and please keep those posts coming in.. :) Thanks much

Warm Regards,
Pranav

yC

Care to share some general statistic afterward?  Yea don't share them now it might affect the result.

pranavrules

Quote from: yC on Feb 06, 2013, 10:19 AM
Care to share some general statistic afterward?  Yea don't share them now it might affect the result.

Yep, I'll generalize the data and post them here :) People are STILL filling out the survey, so I don't know - I might give it a few more days perhaps.. :) I actually wanted to start working on starting this project from this weekend, but since valuable information is still coming in, I'll have to wait till probably the next week to get started :)

CamKrist

I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.

pranavrules

Quote from: CamKrist on Feb 11, 2013, 03:50 AM
I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.

Thank you kind random person from the internet! :) That means a lot to this project.. Any/All attention gathered would definitely help.. Thanks once again

Pranav