Pls Suggest a Better and Professional Hosting Company to Host RO

Started by Neo, Jul 12, 2011, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo

Since Frantech  is out of stock i need your suggestion guys ..

Ace

Hello there! Yes Frantech is always out of stock :/

But if you want to be satisfied, you can try satisfied-hosting. Their prices are affordable and the support is superb.

http://forum.ratemyserver.net/paid-services/satisfied-hosting/0/

Warock

Frantech is releasing more servers soon get ready for it Or you can opt for system inplace cost is higher but quality is good and awsome
My guild has joined the event to become world champions in the ragnarok world have you? Click here know more

Warock

Yes jTynne thats also good option jus find good vps dealer or go for low end dedicated server provider most you get inside 30$ range
My guild has joined the event to become world champions in the ragnarok world have you? Click here know more

yC

Yes, deals and reviews can be both found in here >> http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

They are professional company that provide VPS hosting for general purposes (or use the dedicated hosting offer section).  They don't provide support for your RO specific problem, but they are less likely to go out of stock, lack of support staff or go out of business.

aesirhades

Dont host there, frantech now (based on my experience) is s***, not fast support, laggy vps and always on maintenance.. Try axwebsolution, fast support and cheap.

Join VanhildRO.net Now! And Experience Challenging Role Playing RO! Conquest Battlegrounds and many more!

DarkDevine

Quote from: aesirhades on Aug 10, 2011, 01:58 AM
Dont host there, frantech now (based on my experience) is s***
Frantech has always been the greatest crap out there, take out the "now" of that sentence

Just to give you something to think about:

Usually, if you offer host services, you want to get something for it, which is mostly money (No, it is always money, really)

This means, you buy some good (or crap and cheap) servers, split them into many little servers, divide the server prices with the amount of hosts you offer and add to the price to actually earn money

The result: You always pay more than the VPS actually costs

And what do you get for paying more? You get crap service, downtimes, lag spikes, you put your IT in the hands of hobby-hosters

If you calculate a bit, you're always better off purchasing a real dedicated server from a good, big hosting company that actually owns own datacenters and not just 3 servers hosted at some crap hoster that get sold as "gud serverz"

You might think you pay more for a dedicated server, but in total you pay less, since a VPS at your cheap crap hoster that would have the same performance and services as the dedicated server would cost much more, the VPS hoster needs to purchase servers from bigger hosters to be able to sell VPS, so if he wants to make money, he needs to add to the price

It always works like that
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Syron

A great hosting company i think is iWeb, its dedicated and you obtain full control.

www.iweb.com

They normaly have some decent ones in the warehouse clearence from $59 / month

http://iweb.com/dedicated/clearance/

But you need to know how to manage a dedicated server from scratch and know how to install the eAthena emulator.

fbrulz

hey.. there

actually some time back i posted on this forums regarding a good hosting place for the server i was gonna start... i got a good link too but now i see that the page doesn't exists. ( http://forum.ratemyserver.net/paid-services/satisfied-hosting/ )

so plss can sm 1 suggest me a really good hosting place for my server???

Yukino

Check the current RO hosting threads in the Paid section and look at the reviews. It really depends if you want to use eAthena or rAthena files as well.
rAthena may have a few hosting threads as well: http://rathena.org/ on their forums.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Jasc

I use asura hosting. They have excellent customer service, quick ticket response times, and actual staff who have RO knowledge. Setup of your VPS is quick as well. I have been through MANY different hosting companies.

1. Go daddy VPS - Crappy and Laggy for ALL players
2. Go daddy VDS - STILL crappy and laggy for ALL players
3. Ubiquity - Somewhat laggy for some players during peak times, performance was not up to the standards I wanted.
4. Jaguar PC - Decent VPS, terrible customer support and ticket response time. NO DDOS protection provided whatsoever.
5. Tailormade Servers - Decent Dedicated hosting, average ticket response times. Mostly answered by one person of the name Jose. 0 DDOS protection. He will NULL your ip address without warning under DDOS attack.
6. Server Beach - Good Dedicated hosting company, little lag or latency. Has a California data center, great for usa and asia players. Again, for price of 150 a month, 0 ddos protection, consider your server services down on a few small ddos attacks cause they ain't saviing your server unless you pay upwards of 300+ for managed hosting.

I am currently with Asura hosting, and I have to say its the best of ALL the above I have used so far. I can be in peace most of the time cause they are there when you need it.

Mewi

Quote from: Ace on Jul 18, 2011, 10:42 PM
Hello there! Yes Frantech is always out of stock :/

But if you want to be satisfied, you can try satisfied-hosting. Their prices are affordable and the support is superb.

http://forum.ratemyserver.net/paid-services/satisfied-hosting/0/

Isn't frantech that server in which some employee ran off with a bunch of their harddrives and was caught on camera? lol

D1gITaLMaYhEm

Quote from: Mewi on Apr 01, 2012, 10:00 PM
Isn't frantech that server in which some employee ran off with a bunch of their harddrives and was caught on camera? lol

Link please? can't pull anythingup on the interwebs.(Sounds Hilarious)

DeePee

We've had great experiences with SoftLayer. Too bad they don't really have a permanent DDoS solution so we switched to Staminus. It's not always perfect but does keep your server safe if you have some banned players who are angry at you.

kopono

Quote from: Mewi on Apr 01, 2012, 10:00 PM

It was when SIP and Frantech was both hosted at Steadfast. I'm not 100% sure what the full story is; only that someone didn't pay the bills for the co-location and they had to run off with the data.

Reliable . Powerful . Simple

Add me on Skype, 'Kopono'. Add me on MSN, '[email protected]'.