Payon Stories has been DEVASTATED by the guild [p2w]

Started by Nova, Jul 16, 2023, 05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metan

Huh, so it was like that. There are still bits and pieces left in their discord about that PvM council and some other stuff, and reading through some of the discussions made back then had me mixed between giggling and snorting. Damn shame that I gave the staff the benefit of doubt, thinking it could've just been sheer incompetency, born from inexperience. Ah well.

2k2

Quote from: Metan on Oct 03, 2023, 07:01 PMHuh, so it was like that. There are still bits and pieces left in their discord about that PvM council and some other stuff, and reading through some of the discussions made back then had me mixed between giggling and snorting. Damn shame that I gave the staff the benefit of doubt, thinking it could've just been sheer incompetency, born from inexperience. Ah well.
Sadly, the really bad/incriminating stuff were quickly deleted and most of the people who fought against the public corruption happening during that time got banned from discord and some in-game (the ones posting vide evidence of botting and the staff protecting said bots), also the discussions where p2w members went rampant with toxicity, trash talk and doxx (on PS discord, before they created the ""unaffiliated" discord with PS staff as moderators") were mostly in discord forum threads, when people were creating side discussions to talk about the Council stuff and question the staff on why they chose people from that group alone and why they were allowing them to break rules, doxx and act toxic in general with no punishment. After some threads where things got heated and people started to personally attack p2w members back, Payon Stories staff banned these people while still allowing p2w members to stay there, until people bashed them for this and they decided to ban only 2 of their discord dummy accounts.

Server is just garbage and was a clusterf*ck of incompetency and corruption of the server's admin, staff, CMs/moderators and wave after wave of the most stupid decisions ever. Players kept giving them lots of chances (considering after what happened to OathRO, it was surprising people still trusted that team at all) but they continued to make mistakes so terrible it's nearly impossible to believe how dumb they could be. And that's why at some point (maybe they still think this?) people were speculating if some of the server's staff were in p2w, which then answers a lot of the questions.
Find me here:

ForgotMyOldAccount

Quote from: 2k2 on Oct 03, 2023, 08:51 PMServer is just garbage and was a clusterf*ck of incompetency and corruption of the server's admin, staff, CMs/moderators and wave after wave of the most stupid decisions ever. Players kept giving them lots of chances (considering after what happened to OathRO, it was surprising people still trusted that team at all) but they continued to make mistakes so terrible it's nearly impossible to believe how dumb they could be. And that's why at some point (maybe they still think this?) people were speculating if some of the server's staff were in p2w, which then answers a lot of the questions.

Regardless of corruption allegations, I think the staff incompetency is the thing I find most damning. It's really quite sad that players will play servers where the staff team straight up copied a popular server, that's given little to no updates, and then defend it to the ends of the Earth. The truth is that the current head (Dastgir) has no vision for the server and none of his minions do either. The server is directionless and has no creative lead. Especially with Oathkeeper and Ayami gone, despite how crazy they may be, it's obvious the successor is worse.

Metan

Quote from: 2k2 on Oct 03, 2023, 08:51 PMSadly, the really bad/incriminating stuff were quickly deleted and most of the people who fought against the public corruption happening during that time got banned from discord and some in-game (the ones posting vide evidence of botting and the staff protecting said bots), also the discussions where p2w members went rampant with toxicity, trash talk and doxx (on PS discord, before they created the ""unaffiliated" discord with PS staff as moderators") were mostly in discord forum threads, when people were creating side discussions to talk about the Council stuff and question the staff on why they chose people from that group alone and why they were allowing them to break rules, doxx and act toxic in general with no punishment. After some threads where things got heated and people started to personally attack p2w members back, Payon Stories staff banned these people while still allowing p2w members to stay there, until people bashed them for this and they decided to ban only 2 of their discord dummy accounts.
Makes sense. I did notice some conversations had gaps I couldn't quite fill, but also that there was indeed some animosity about those councils and some other subjects. Thanks for the info.

Quote from: ForgotMyOldAccount on Oct 03, 2023, 09:36 PMThe truth is that the current head (Dastgir) has no vision for the server and none of his minions do either. The server is directionless and has no creative lead. Especially with Oathkeeper and Ayami gone, despite how crazy they may be, it's obvious the successor is worse.
It's true. One of the things I caught up with was some discussion about one of their custom dungeons, Poring Digsite, and how they had nerfed the placed to the ground, from nerfing great cards down to garbage tier to reducing spawn numbers, adding absurd spawn timers and adding Bombrings (???) as an anti-bot measure (including some dude who lost his no-death bonuses on SN due to teleporting and walking next to an exploding Bombring. Poor guy).

The latter might not seem an issue, but part of their mission in OathRO was making more maps viable to play, which included (and they were explicit about it) removing anti-bot monsters, as not only those did not stop real botters who just adapted their builds to handle or avoid them, but also made everyone else's lives miserable: Mimics, Hunter Flies, Ridewords, Cramps, Pests, etc., in maps where they did not belong. Most of these were removed, and life was great.

It goes to show that, to top it all, they've been slowly losing grasp of what made their server worth it, before the nuke. In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't bother playing in PS, even if my biggest reason was a lack of will to grind from scratch in 1x rates, again.

Metan

Quote from: Iamyourfriend on Oct 03, 2023, 11:53 PMTo quote the great and powerful Atroce
You mean the same "great and powerful" Atroce who LARPed as a PS GM to spam fake ads and claim other things on Reddit? Hilarious stuff. I wonder who's behind this post...

Kushiro

I remember when OathRO was in infancy and I dared to make criticism of some of their s*** changes LMAO their protected top players came to s*** on me with all sort of attacks and insults and all it took is for me to defend myself once for them to block me from their discord.

That was all it took for me to see that the administrators of this server were a bunch of greedy f*** that were obviously giving privileges to certain people and said people were calling the shots of the server, so not only they were low IQ with their bad changes but also were not trust worthy,

And every step of the way I have been proven right about the staff of this server.

Reasons to not play on this shi*hole server:

• Their changes are low IQ
  • Corrupt staff
  • Their big dogs call the shots, it is the typical server to satisfy a big guild or group of guilds
  • Likely a lot of RMT is happening in the background
  • Previous owner outright cheated
  • Previous owner was linked to RMT
  • Botting is permited to their big guild spenders
  • Likely they allow multi clienting to their big guilds
  • They already once "wiped" the server and "lost" all the data of it, full incompetence
  • Full of leftie cultural marxists commies
  • Reborn plays there, the most toxic player ever spawned in the private server scene, RMT scammer and abusive piece of garbage, in fact this is all you need to know, if any administrator is willing to put up with this human garbage you know that administration has ZERO INTEGRITY. Previous owner was linked with this demon in a RMT scheeme.
  • Bonus: previous owner was multiple vaccinated and almost dies because of it, just so you know what type of desicion making is happening on this server.

If you don't know who Reborn is look here: https://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-discussion/if-you-have-the-means-never-allow-this-guy-reborn-and-his-friends-on-your-server/

2k2

Quote from: Iamyourfriend on Oct 03, 2023, 11:53 PMFrom a former PS staff member who wishes to be left nameless
Weird. Weird post as well. But thanks for confirming what everyone in PS community were claiming yet the staff kept refusing: there were/are p2w players as Payon Stories staff.

Quote from: Metan on Oct 04, 2023, 09:04 AMYou mean the same "great and powerful" Atroce who LARPed as a PS GM to spam fake ads and claim other things on Reddit? Hilarious stuff. I wonder who's behind this post...
This guy is such a lost cause I feel pity for them. He's been trying hard with these rage bait threads here and on RMS yet people just laugh of their face lol.

Nova = u/ROenjoyer = Atroce

Quote from: Kushiro on Oct 04, 2023, 09:58 AMReasons to not play on this shi*hole server:

Reborn plays there, the most toxic player ever spawned in the private server scene, RMT scammer and abusive piece of garbage, in fact this is all you need to know, if any administrator is willing to put up with this human garbage you know that administration has ZERO INTEGRITY. Previous owner was linked with this demon in a RMT scheeme.

If you don't know who Reborn is look here: https://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-discussion/if-you-have-the-means-never-allow-this-guy-reborn-and-his-friends-on-your-server/

This is enough reason to fully avoid (or quit, if you're still playing there) this server and server owners out there should take note and insta ban this trash from your server at first sight without waiting for anything, or by the time you have a legitimate reason to ban them, it will be too late and the damage will already be done.

When a player has a LONG history of being a piece of trash, cheater and RMTer, don't wait for a f*** up, just ban on sight.
Find me here:

ForgotMyOldAccount

Quote from: Iamyourfriend on Oct 03, 2023, 11:53 PMFrom a former PS staff member who wishes to be left nameless, but will undoubtedly be accused of being in p2w after this message  8)

2k2 does a lot of typing on a forum people barely read to make baseless accusations about a guild that has clearly hurt they/them and a person that is better than video games than they/them are.  Somewhere there is grass waiting for you to touch and I do hope you find it.  8)

@yc - when I made this account just now there were some rules about not making accusations and false claims that are pretty damning.  Like doxxing for instance?  And if they arent provided what then?  GASP  8)

To quote the great and powerful Atroce, where are the receipts from this wild discord where doxxing runs rampant?  8)

Maybe we should just get Reborn in here for a 60 minutes interview since you guys can't seem to get enough  :D

XoXo Gossipgirl

Cringe, though plausible considering PS has hiring posts every other month or so. They really take anyone they can get and then proceed to do nothing with their talents.

ForgotMyOldAccount

Quote from: Metan on Oct 03, 2023, 11:38 PMMakes sense. I did notice some conversations had gaps I couldn't quite fill, but also that there was indeed some animosity about those councils and some other subjects. Thanks for the info.
It's true. One of the things I caught up with was some discussion about one of their custom dungeons, Poring Digsite, and how they had nerfed the placed to the ground, from nerfing great cards down to garbage tier to reducing spawn numbers, adding absurd spawn timers and adding Bombrings (???) as an anti-bot measure (including some dude who lost his no-death bonuses on SN due to teleporting and walking next to an exploding Bombring. Poor guy).

The latter might not seem an issue, but part of their mission in OathRO was making more maps viable to play, which included (and they were explicit about it) removing anti-bot monsters, as not only those did not stop real botters who just adapted their builds to handle or avoid them, but also made everyone else's lives miserable: Mimics, Hunter Flies, Ridewords, Cramps, Pests, etc., in maps where they did not belong. Most of these were removed, and life was great.

It goes to show that, to top it all, they've been slowly losing grasp of what made their server worth it, before the nuke. In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't bother playing in PS, even if my biggest reason was a lack of will to grind from scratch in 1x rates, again.

Yeah. I agree with all this. You know what's kinda sad? The current development team has no clue what made the original server awesome. Back then, they made smart and fun changes. But now? It's like they're nerfing everything just 'cause. I used to love OathRO, but now it's turned into a mess under uninspired leadership.

Raïner

Oathro and currently, Payon Stories, has been running for more than 2 years, interestingly, same problems still remain. Unresolved conflicts, passive aggressive behavior being the norm with no repercussion, BOTs, multi-clienters, reborn, atroce, problematic individuals in the community...

Just dont play Payon Stories, its not that hard xD.

Sairek Ceareste

Quote from: 2k2 on Oct 03, 2023, 12:21 PMSairek, you fail to realize that nobody has any concern about p2w "dominating" the server. OP was exposed on reddit by being a p2w member doing this kind of thread just to draw attention to this guild and make them look big/accomplished. Nobody gives a f*** about this guild since they have been around for a good time and were always pretty bad and clowns, always avoiding competing against actual guilds and playing on small casual low-rate servers only, since they're the type of people to play RO for 18h/day. Payon Stories level is at most laughable and it's a casual server, which is exactly the type of server that guild plays on, because everytime they played on a legit competitive server, they were stomped hard.

People WERE reporting every kind of bad things in your server with not only screenshots and videos, but also @request staff immedietaly to check on bots and the staff still didn't do s*** about it. People were even forcing actions/reaction on them to show and prove they were bots yet the response from the staff was simply "they're not bots!" or "we're going to further investigate" while the bot was still there, playing 24h a day for weeks, lol.

And how can you say there was never any bias towards p2w when during the few weeks I played there, the discord was a dumpster fire and cesspool of toxicity and corruption because the staff had the bright idea of creating something called "PvM Council" where a selected group of players would have direct decisions on the server's changes, balance and future, and all of these selected players were from p2w guild, which obviously caused an uphoar in the community. Members from this guild were trash talking and bashing people on discord 24/7, in front of the staff and CMs with no punishment, and when people attacked them back with the same wording, the staff banned the victims instead, which then made p2w members laugh and mock the community even more. Worst part of all this was when A LOT of people revolted and forced the staff to do things and they actually banned like 1 or 2 players (out of 20+) of that guild and they created an "unaffiliated community discord" (GMs/CMs of Payon Stories were in this discord server in position of power/moderation btw, so they were aware of everything happening/being said there and also were part of it) where they were doing racist, sexist, mysogynist, homofobic attacks and even doxxing players of opposite guilds/groups in PS community, the staff was well aware of it and who was it, yet they refused to act/ban them in-game simply because it "happened on an unaffiliated discord, we have no control of what happens there", but you do know what happens there and who are the people, you just refused to act because of who they are.

Can't really comment on the whole "PvM council thing" because it wasn't my idea. I did nothing when it came to "game balance". My job was only to post suggestions from the community and rule enforcement.
I.E., the whole "hey guys, doing this is a really bad idea" and voicing that concern from the community to the people making that decision was a bad idea.

In regards to the server and second chances: There wasn't any real plan. The major concern was just getting the server alive again after it was killed.
And that is entirely my fault. I'm the one who pushed it to get up again immediately. In hindsight, it would have been better to prepare and ready the server for so much stuff, instead of just relaunching it ASAP and doing it properly, especially with such a skeleton crew of staff at the time. Worst of all, it was an entirely selfish mindset. I had just lost a long-time friend over the server, but I also lost the server too; I didn't want to lose both if one could be recovered; and I also wanted to kind of give a "F U, you won't win" to Oathkeeper at the time. In my short-sightedness, I didn't consider what that could do to the server in the long-term.

I am sorry for that.

QuoteAnd what's the problem in that? If you know this specific guild RMTs (and break other rules) in every single server they play, how the f*** can you think it will be any different in your server? f***, they did it in the previous version of this same server, so tell me, what's the problem of protecting the server from future problems before it even become a problem?

And regarding banning other people for just associating with them: they're aware of who they are and what they do, they made the choice of playing with them, didn't they? So why are you being so sympathetic with people with such bad intentions? Nobody has a gun on their head forcing them to play with these desperate freaks. Why don't you use your sympathy to sympathize with legit players playing by the rules and being a good asset for your community? You literally killed your server because you decided a bunch of 15-20 weirdos are more important than the 500+ players in the community (judging by the server numbers these days vs when I played it at the beginning).

Anyway, for a person constantly claiming you have nothing to do with the server anymore, you really do work hard to protect their antics and corruption. If you only applied this hard work with fairness during the time you were CM, perhaps the server would be thriving right now, but alas.

I don't "know" anything. But I know what I hear.

At the end of the day, you are accusing me for allowing them to play on the server and I have to again, tell you, that is not my role. I was not an admin, I was a moderator. My job isn't to decide who can and cannot play on the server. My job was to make sure the community had a voice, make sure that the people who are playing were following the rules, and that the staff under me were remaining professional.

To suggest I should be doing anything else just simply means you do not understand what my job and role with the server was.

When a P2W member broke a rule, I made sure to the best of my ability, that they got punished just like anyone else who would break a rule. I treated them just like any other player on the server; because that was my job.

Genuinely, it's a bit hypocritical of you to say I gave them special treatment, when all is said and done, you want me to still treat them differently than anyone else on the server; just on the opposite end of the spectrum, because you don't like them. And my opinion is here saying, "While I can see why that may have merit, I don't see how that is any different than the accusations being levied". Because really, how is it any different if they aren't being treated neutrally like everyone else?
At the end of the day, you are complaining that they were, allegedly, treated differently, but you aren't complaining that I didn't treat them neutrally (which I did). You are complaining that I didn't treat them poorly, and that I should have gone beyond my jurisdiction of my role as a server moderator to remove all of them. And if you think them being treated like everyone else is special treatment, then there's no point in arguing anyways, because then you would simply be complaining that I did my job.

Of course, anyone is welcome to think what they like if I did good, awesome, bad, terrible, etc, regardless of whether I think the criticism has merit or not. Even I don't think I did very good even if I tried my best. I mean, I learned a lot, but that doesn't really help in the aftermath or the current situation of the server, of course. At the end of the day, it's not really my issue anymore, which I'm actually thankful for now. I don't plan to do such a position ever again. I simply don't like it, and never did. I'll stick with content creation where I think I have much more value and actually know what I am doing and ultimately, find much more personal fulfillment in. I'd like to go back to working on my sprite comic too, once my real life situation eventually settles down.

Shuchou

@Sairek Ceareste I just want to thank you for all the time and effort you did put into the server. What I don't under stand is IF all these people know P2W is RMTing or known for it and was banned before, why not try reaching out to the server staff they were banned on to cross notes. As people said "I'm not going to keep a detailed log of who got banned for what". Well people seem to forget anyone can say anything online like I can say those making the 'proof less' claims they are just mad someone is better them.  /hmm

Remember, this is the internet where people love to say anything and not prove it. To what it sounds like the staff has looked into the claims and have watched them for a little while. Sure I don't have any way to prove or discredit that but really this back and forth kills servers faster then a guild steam rolling everyone.

2k2

Quote from: Sairek Ceareste on Oct 08, 2023, 08:14 AMCan't really comment on the whole "PvM council thing" because it wasn't my idea. I did nothing when it came to "game balance". My job was only to post suggestions from the community and rule enforcement.
I.E., the whole "hey guys, doing this is a really bad idea" and voicing that concern from the community to the people making that decision was a bad idea.

In regards to the server and second chances: There wasn't any real plan. The major concern was just getting the server alive again after it was killed.
And that is entirely my fault. I'm the one who pushed it to get up again immediately. In hindsight, it would have been better to prepare and ready the server for so much stuff, instead of just relaunching it ASAP and doing it properly, especially with such a skeleton crew of staff at the time. Worst of all, it was an entirely selfish mindset. I had just lost a long-time friend over the server, but I also lost the server too; I didn't want to lose both if one could be recovered; and I also wanted to kind of give a "F U, you won't win" to Oathkeeper at the time. In my short-sightedness, I didn't consider what that could do to the server in the long-term.

I am sorry for that.

I don't "know" anything. But I know what I hear.

At the end of the day, you are accusing me for allowing them to play on the server and I have to again, tell you, that is not my role. I was not an admin, I was a moderator. My job isn't to decide who can and cannot play on the server. My job was to make sure the community had a voice, make sure that the people who are playing were following the rules, and that the staff under me were remaining professional.

To suggest I should be doing anything else just simply means you do not understand what my job and role with the server was.

When a P2W member broke a rule, I made sure to the best of my ability, that they got punished just like anyone else who would break a rule. I treated them just like any other player on the server; because that was my job.

Genuinely, it's a bit hypocritical of you to say I gave them special treatment, when all is said and done, you want me to still treat them differently than anyone else on the server; just on the opposite end of the spectrum, because you don't like them. And my opinion is here saying, "While I can see why that may have merit, I don't see how that is any different than the accusations being levied". Because really, how is it any different if they aren't being treated neutrally like everyone else?
At the end of the day, you are complaining that they were, allegedly, treated differently, but you aren't complaining that I didn't treat them neutrally (which I did). You are complaining that I didn't treat them poorly, and that I should have gone beyond my jurisdiction of my role as a server moderator to remove all of them. And if you think them being treated like everyone else is special treatment, then there's no point in arguing anyways, because then you would simply be complaining that I did my job.

Of course, anyone is welcome to think what they like if I did good, awesome, bad, terrible, etc, regardless of whether I think the criticism has merit or not. Even I don't think I did very good even if I tried my best. I mean, I learned a lot, but that doesn't really help in the aftermath or the current situation of the server, of course. At the end of the day, it's not really my issue anymore, which I'm actually thankful for now. I don't plan to do such a position ever again. I simply don't like it, and never did. I'll stick with content creation where I think I have much more value and actually know what I am doing and ultimately, find much more personal fulfillment in. I'd like to go back to working on my sprite comic too, once my real life situation eventually settles down.
When I say that you could have done better, I mean the whole staff/team, including moderators. As far as I remember, you weren't directly involved in the corruption of PS moderators protecting and allowing p2w members to personally publicly attack other members of the community during the whole "PvM Council" drama. It was 2 or 3 other moderators, but still it's a bad thing for the whole team, so of course that would hit you as well.

If you really are as clueless (regarding the staff's actions) as you claim to be, just know that your previous team was (probably still is) corrupt as f*ck, to the point of endorsing and helping a bunch of rmters and general terrible people personally attack and doxx others. Wouldn't be surprising if they were part of the RMT scheme too, since the team had a part of it back on Oath, and judging their apparently ties with p2w, they likely are doing it again.
Find me here:

2k2

Quote from: Shuchou on Oct 08, 2023, 01:45 PM@Sairek Ceareste I just want to thank you for all the time and effort you did put into the server. What I don't under stand is IF all these people know P2W is RMTing or known for it and was banned before, why not try reaching out to the server staff they were banned on to cross notes. As people said "I'm not going to keep a detailed log of who got banned for what". Well people seem to forget anyone can say anything online like I can say those making the 'proof less' claims they are just mad someone is better them.  /hmm

Remember, this is the internet where people love to say anything and not prove it. To what it sounds like the staff has looked into the claims and have watched them for a little while. Sure I don't have any way to prove or discredit that but really this back and forth kills servers faster then a guild steam rolling everyone.
And this was the whole point of not only my posts, but the posts of a few others members in this thread: there's no way for a regular uninvolved person to have proves of said RMT other than hearsay or direct confirmation from someone involved (which doesn't prove sh*t still, as the moment we pass the info forward, it becomes hearsay as well). Also nobody that cared about it seems to have continued play there, so why would we bother with proving anything here now? We (? I did, at least) tried hard but the staff just ignored it. Staff are the ones that could easily and quickly prove it someone is RMTing or not, so getting a tip of who might be doing it should have been enough for them to investigate, confirm and punish the players, but nothing was done about it.

And wouldn't be hard at all. P2w guild admitted to have RMTed their whole time in OathRO when the server exploded. Why do you think they would play clean this time? Lmao once a cheater, always a cheater, simply as that.

Server owners should ban on sight any previous serious offender even if it wasn't in the your server. P2w guild and Reborn player for example, they have admitted and given proof of what they have done whenever a server ends or they're done with it: they RMT from the start to end. Why would allow such cancer to join the community? Or worse: why allow them not only to join, but not keep close eyes on everything they do on the server and especially check whatever reports against them?

Never asked special treatment because it's specifically them. I ask special treatment because it's a bunch of known and confirmer cheaters. If I was a cheater, I should 100% be on a Blocklist/being monitored all the time.

You give the benefit of the doubt for unknowns potential or first timer offenders. On confirmed offenders, you treat them the way it's expected them to be treated: carefully and always under suspicions, just like how things are in real life.
Find me here:

Sairek Ceareste

Quote from: Shuchou on Oct 08, 2023, 01:45 PM@Sairek Ceareste I just want to thank you for all the time and effort you did put into the server. What I don't under stand is IF all these people know P2W is RMTing or known for it and was banned before, why not try reaching out to the server staff they were banned on to cross notes. As people said "I'm not going to keep a detailed log of who got banned for what". Well people seem to forget anyone can say anything online like I can say those making the 'proof less' claims they are just mad someone is better them.  /hmm

Thanks, I appreciate the encouraging words!

Unfortunately, I can't really answer that question effectively. I can say a few things, like how staff believed we should only hold "judgment" or "jurisdiction" on channels that the server owned and the like, which all of that is true. There was only a couple exceptions to this; RMT posts being one of them for obvious reasons, or if someone was considered a genuine danger to the community beyond just being a liability within the game environment - that kind of thing.

But ultimately? There was no good reason - we just didn't do it. Even with taking the above into consideration, there's nothing wrong with asking about someone to get more information to better keep tabs on them at the bare minimum. Or perhaps even hearing about such things could have persuaded the team to change the stance on the whole decision of how to moderate.

Quote from: 2k2 on Oct 08, 2023, 03:43 PMWhen I say that you could have done better, I mean the whole staff/team, including moderators. As far as I remember, you weren't directly involved in the corruption of PS moderators protecting and allowing p2w members to personally publicly attack other members of the community during the whole "PvM Council" drama. It was 2 or 3 other moderators, but still it's a bad thing for the whole team, so of course that would hit you as well.

If you really are as clueless (regarding the staff's actions) as you claim to be, just know that your previous team was (probably still is) corrupt as f*ck, to the point of endorsing and helping a bunch of rmters and general terrible people personally attack and doxx others. Wouldn't be surprising if they were part of the RMT scheme too, since the team had a part of it back on Oath, and judging their apparently ties with p2w, they likely are doing it again.

Fair enough, though yes, I still could have done a lot better anyway.

I would like to not believe the rumors, but working for OathRO/PS has burned me enough times already that I'm going to get third degree burns if I don't stop needlessly trusting people. I need to resign to the fact that I suck at judging people and do not, and will not know them as well as I believe I do.

I never even looked into the PvM council channel myself to catch anything because I "trusted" everyone on staff. I only heard things when people started telling me and were upset. That should have been an immediate red flag considering half my job was to make sure no funny business was going on and I just... neglected looking into it. My logic at the time was because "there's enough false rumors already and I don't want to deal with more drama" or something akin to that.
That logic is an immediate failure of being a good leader or manager of a team considering I should be investigating it regardless of how "baseless" a rumor may seem or my personal opinion on it. Failure to do so is indeed bias on my part. Not to mention it's just... selfish. I either should have been doing all of the job or if I was uncomfortable with it, stepping down and letting someone else take charge. I should not have been selectively half-baking my duties because the situation made me uncomfortable.

Now I'm not part of the team so I just don't know because I never even bothered to look at all. Which is really embarrassing for me to say as someone who should have known what their team was doing, if they were performing well at all times, and simply just keeping tabs on them. /swt