ok i gues i was wrong but i still want to here ur views Devro

Started by snaggrage, Sep 30, 2008, 07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snaggrage

ok i gues i was wrong it more looked like advertising but i was just asking for help on things like whats wrong with my server Deviantro thats all i was saying sorry scar for posting rubish .
i didn't think it would go so far i just think ppl will help me with problems and help me get more profressional i handled things wrong i acept that please forgive me i'm not sucking up but i understand i did wrong in advertising here i didn't read the rules thats why and i just wanted help i didn't begg it was other who was like i need ppl and s*** all i said was please give it a try and help me find out whats wrong with it.
and why players posted back to back after me was because i put up a thing in my forums saying check out my post in RMS forums tell us ur views.

then ppl post bare nonsence LOL i was like swt then  all of u came at it in a rude way  at the time thats why i said please stop flaming all i wanted was help not critizisum excuse my spellin.

again thanks JJJ and Jounin and paradon for sharing ur views and the rules maybe one day i can make mys erver bigger.

thanks for viewing the topic i hope  i didn't post nonsence again . :(

well i thank you for your apology, and i guess it'll be okay if we leave this topic open so you guys can discuss ways to improve your server/etc

but be warned =3
i have eaten and rested a bit so im no longer tired, or tolerant of ANY flames, trolls, spam, or any other rule breaking that is posted here
so don't do it or else

~~T~~

Quote from: snaggrage on Sep 30, 2008, 07:21 PM
Yada Yada...

Even if your spelling sucks, your action coming here and apologizing is really mature and professional.
+1.

I really don't have anything more to say about the server, try improving the site by your player opinion and then modify according to it, you'll eventually find that more people is coming to your server.

Descent

Kudos, Snaggrage. Good to see you realized your mistake.

This is pretty much all I can give you in the vein of advice...

- Balance those Custom Items. Your rates are hardly SHR-type, yet your items are definitely screaming SHR. Creative as you may feel they may be, you don't make Custom Items because you like them, you make them so the players like them. If your players like them, then great, but keep in mind that around that rate range, you want to still attempt to retain some sort of balance.

- Do something about that Death Note. I can already see the massive amounts of abuse that will spawn from its usage. Of course, entirely up to you.

- Touch up the site a bit. It's alright, but could be better. You'll do fine with a little editing here and there.

- This is mostly a nitpick, and will sound mean, but seriously: Nobody wants to play on a server that looks like it's written by a 5-year old, ESPECIALLY in the item descriptions. Take your time, and don't rush. You'd be surprised how many people actually pay attention to fine amounts of detail, such as I did when I reviewed your Custom Items thread, with the descriptions clearly screencapped. Also, you tell me what looks better...

GM announcements...

Descent: Hello, everybody. I'm in Izlude if you have any questions. No PMs, please.

Or...

GM NoOb: im in izlude lol no pms plz noobs

Proper typing in announcements and chat can go a long way and create a good impression.

Use the advice as you will. Good luck, keep your temper down(and that of your friends, they are a direct reflection of your server), and you'll do fine.

Littlechan

well, for me, your fault is for flooding forums ;D

you need to make your flash loading faster @_@

and no overpowered items (like sakkat which give soul link @_@)

note:  I don't know you're that mature ;D

keep your behavior like this, you'll get more player ;D

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

snaggrage

thanks for ur advice i will try to spice up things and do what u told me to do .its not only my server its my good friend GM-Darkzide's and Behemoth lately they wasn't so active so i had to help it please i thanks u for ur advice i think my server has potiential so i will try to work hard for it i was working for hard but its like i was stuck just at square one. thats why i came here for help thanks tho.

and i'm sorry for the newbs that came here and posted s***.
they was not any GM from dev they just saw the forum s*** on webpage oh well sorry
and evilLove is a nice person but a lil stubborn she don't like to give up LOL :P

HolyFlip

All the GMs in Dev Ro and really working hard for a better server. Most of the GMs are very active and the players will support you all the way... if theres anything the players can do just ask im sure they will help the server they love.... over all though Deviant Ro has so much potential for gaining alot more members....

bleu

When i first read the post u made (version 1).. it was ok, I went to the forum have a look around. It did not feel like begging for players as some may have suggested. I did not really went very deep into things, but on the homepage, there seems to be some recent technical problems/management problems. Removing of GMs, Forced to rebuilt a new server due to major bugs, server crash, etc... (all those announcement on the main homepage - all bad news, eventhough they are old news) Arn't there any newer news worth celebrating? some new Patches perhaps? A new custom headgear? A newly appointed GM?

I am very fond of one mid servers website. I have nothing to do with them btw. Just something I came across while googling and thought it to be very informative, clean yet "catchy"
http://www.essencero.com/

Anyways, after u made the post (version 2). I had a second look at the website/forum. Since, u mentioned that the server had a previous name, I was curious if there were any wipes and how was it handled. Well, I did not find what I was looking for or rather something else caught my attention:

A player's post
"Well a lot of new players that we met were shocked by reading a gm's broadcast saying that "your stupid if you got hacked or scammed" and other rude words. Well its really our fault if we got scammed or hacked but its wrong to tell us that we are stupid. Now new players are thinking twice to join and continue playing in this server. Even this server got hacked right?then does this mean this server is stupid? (or the admin who manages this server?)  Well,this is just the opinion of the new players and some old players that we've talked to. Peace"

A GM's repond
"its completely dumb if u get hacked its not or problem if u get hacked or scamm its yours after u get free items u feel we should help u again hahahaah jokes u think we stupid thats why it was b-casted who ever gets hacked or scamm its your fault. if you think its not a fair judgement bpm GM-Darkzide or Behemoth an see if they help you to get back free items lol.

i hope u see where i come from you didn't donate so therfore why should we give back s*** answer that and i will give back hacked items."

I don't know the whole story and would not pretend to know it. I even had to re-read the respond a few times, to guess what is the GM trying to communicate. So, I am assuming the most recent wipe had something to do with massive hacked items. To me the word scam brings a different meaning. If someone was scammed, kinda sound like he/she was cheated of an item. I will assume that item is a legit item. Even if there weren't legit by origin, they could have bought it from someone/traded items with someone; believing they were legit. So what I am saying is any concerns expressed by players should not

1. be laughed at; or
2. belittled

Perhaps appoint a GM or subGM to moderate the forums. Someone who is more patient and  eloquent in English. Some people are just better with "People", not all GMs are the same. Some are better at technical matters - eAthena development, and they don't necessary need to deal directly with players.

EvilLove

Blah i will say sorry too but after the first post it made me angry. people come in and one judge the server just because some of your players have posted here in that past and 2 everytime i have ever looked at topic here and someone that has not joined that server leaves a rude comment. So i will say i am sorry but please leave at least a positive to the negative.

@snaggy i will kill ya for saying that XD XD XD

Kasumi

snaggrage

Quote from: bleu on Oct 01, 2008, 01:48 AM"its completely dumb if u get hacked its not or problem if u get hacked or scamm its yours after u get free items u feel we should help u again hahahaah jokes u think we stupid thats why it was b-casted who ever gets hacked or scamm its your fault. if you think its not a fair judgement bpm GM-Darkzide or Behemoth an see if they help you to get back free items lol.

i hope u see where i come from you didn't donate so therfore why should we give back s*** answer that and i will give back hacked items."

I don't know the whole story and would not pretend to know it. I even had to re-read the respond a few times, to guess what is the GM trying to communicate. So, I am assuming the most recent wipe had something to do with massive hacked items. To me the word scam brings a different meaning. If someone was scammed, kinda sound like he/she was cheated of an item. I will assume that item is a legit item. Even if there weren't legit by origin, they could have bought it from someone/traded items with someone; believing they were legit. So what I am saying is any concerns expressed by players should not

yo bleu i'ma let u know the hold deal on that we had a wipe cause there was a GM- we invited called GM-Raise he abused his powers so we then kicked him out the team ok after that we got hacked from him the server was hacked by him and GM-vanpriest from vanro . we was GM's from vanro before we left and made our own server vanpriest got angry and blocked or GM's in vanro cause we made our own stuff . so then shortly after he blocked all or main accounts saying we stealing player dis time we didn't i donated like 3 thousand to that scammer van and he blocks my main account. so then later down when our server was getting ppl and more pl was leaving van so van came to devro and stole some of or ideas so that his servers players will stay wat a sleezy move but later after players wasn't coming back so he posted in his forums talks about unprofessional http://www.vanserver.com/ragnarok/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14467
cause we made our own he says we would hack his players LOL
so then the players still continue to play devro so he gave GM-Raise his loggs of all snaggrage and darkzide passes that was on vanro loggs so then he hacked the GM' accounts when we was sleeping and deleted ppl items and characters we was like wtf roll back but when i asked darkzide he said we have no back up i was like omg we had 300 players around that timeso we was then forced to wipe
and they still found another way to hack us saying or server has security leak and they dedosd or webpage so that the remote destop won't start lol i don't kno how they got all that info but they facked us . so then we change ip and stuff and said after wipe we will give back all players there stuff that sounds fair
and we gave them back like all there stuff some players lied said they was here and wasn't got free items thats why we was like we won't give back but now i am sure we will give back any thing lost.we are still growing but slow we now have 124 players. 160 at woes here is a lil screenie of dev now

ok and this is what van said when he hacked us

now we get over that and look to the future over game development we are trying to make a map but its hard cause we don't have brofediter we r using ethenas stuff

Kasumi

Dude. That was like 1 HUGE SENTENCE. Please type in complete phrases, I can't understand what you're typing.

Quote from: snaggrage on Oct 01, 2008, 03:41 AM

yo bleu i'ma let u know the hold deal on that we had a wipe cause there was a GM- we invited called GM-Raise he abused his powers so we then kicked him out the team ok after that we got hacked from him the server was hacked by him and GM-vanpriest from vanro . we was GM's from vanro before we left and made our own server vanpriest got angry and blocked or GM's in vanro cause we made our own stuff . so then shortly after he blocked all or main accounts saying we stealing player dis time we didn't i donated like 3 thousand to that scammer van and he blocks my main account. so then later down when our server was getting ppl and more pl was leaving van so van came to devro and stole some of or ideas so that his servers players will stay wat a sleezy move but later after players wasn't coming back so he posted in his forums talks about unprofessional http://www.vanserver.com/ragnarok/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14467
cause we made our own he says we would hack his players LOL
so then the players still continue to play devro so he gave GM-Raise his loggs of all snaggrage and darkzide passes that was on vanro loggs so then he hacked the GM' accounts when we was sleeping and deleted ppl items and characters we was like wtf roll back but when i asked darkzide he said we have no back up i was like omg we had 300 players around that timeso we was then forced to wipe
and they still found another way to hack us saying or server has security leak and they dedosd or webpage so that the remote destop won't start lol i don't kno how they got all that info but they facked us . so then we change ip and stuff and said after wipe we will give back all players there stuff that sounds fair
and we gave them back like all there stuff some players lied said they was here and wasn't got free items thats why we was like we won't give back but now i am sure we will give back any thing lost.we are still growing but slow we now have 124 players. 160 at woes here is a lil screenie of dev now

ok and this is what van said when he hacked us

now we get over that and look to the future over game development we are trying to make a map but its hard cause we don't have brofediter we r using ethenas stuff

I'm so confused. =\

LuckyMaiStar

I think that's enough for now, Kasumi.
Tho it's still strange that a server which has 160 people on at WoE needed too advertise in such a rude and unproffesional way.
About the whole hacking thing, you know you can change the passwords, right?

As your server is currently growing (steadily?) what are you doing in here actually? Asking advice? Tips?
I think you should listen too your own players on your own forums, instead of people that have nothing to do with the gaming experience of your server.

Kasumi

I guess I'll stop reading. Waste of my time if I can't understand.

To the next thread~

snaggrage

Quote from: LuckyMaiStar on Oct 01, 2008, 04:36 AM
I think that's enough for now, Kasumi.
Tho it's still strange that a server which has 160 people on at WoE needed too advertise in such a rude and unproffesional way.
About the whole hacking thing, you know you can change the passwords, right?

As your server is currently growing (steadily?) what are you doing in here actually? Asking advice? Tips?
I think you should listen too your own players on your own forums, instead of people that have nothing to do with the gaming experience of your server.
dude i'm just looking for advice from more experienced RO ppl thats all and looking to see what i need to do .
so i can fix my server thanks man.