What happened RO?

Started by Fangel, Feb 03, 2012, 07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fangel

Just curious, does anyone like 3rd classes or no? Would they prefer a server without third class AND customs? Well I do.

Personally, I don't like them. I've been playing RO since it came out. I came back just now to RO, and I saw all the new stuff and I don't know if I was totally freaked out at how much things changed or was just plain uncomfortable lmfao. I just thought the third classes were "too-much", and the sprites were not really particularly my taste.  I did try them, and I don't know. I'm way to use to old Ragnarok Online. I don't know - I'm trying to break the habit.  There's ugly customs, with third classes and a bunch of other stupid stuff added (Like anime related in RO... o_o). RO had me there. So yeah, I guess I was more uncomfortable with all the changes then, and pretty much played every single server, and still couldn't fall back into place when I did. And not a single one brought me back memories like I had in the original RO or qRO. And no, I won't play the original and qRO died unfortunately. Third classes and 1x experience kills it, haha <3.

Hopefully someone agrees with my pain here or has any ideas how to break the old RO feeling :/.

frequency

Renewal is alright, it's a completely different game with its pros and cons. It's still constantly being balanced and tweaked. You can't really compare older versions of RO with the current RO.

Also even though it's at 1x experience, leveling is ridiculously fast. When I was messing around on iRO it really felt like a low-to-mid-rate server.
Community-driven packages for new players and guilds! Just say you're from RMS in Ret-RO's Introduction forums.

yC

They are good for the looks definitely.  For my taste, I like the fancy stuff.

I think they force people to do more leveling in order to compete as a 3rd class, more grinding for low to mid rate servers.  I am not complaining, PvM is nice somewhat.

Can't say too much on balancing, I only have limited experience with any third job classes.  Just feel that you have to be 3rd classes to compete making trans classes look bad.

Fangel

Yeah true. Maybe I haven't played on a third class for a while, hahaha.

When I came back, and looked around RMS for other new servers. The first thing I clicked was High Rate, and tried looking around for a High Populated and No customs, and No Third Jobs server. Clearly, I couldn't find anything :/. I kept trying to tell myself to just find any good one and ignore third jobs and customs. I couldn't do it :/. I felt that the people who had customs either bought it or felt better than other people. And the people who were third classes felt that they were better than other classes. I don't know, it's really hard to find that one great server :(.

frequency

PvM is great if you take it slow with a good group of friends. But regardless in officials you can get stat and skill resets now, plus there's tons of really great PvM skills for 3rd classes. Trans classes are definitely outdated in Renewal and I'm sure 3rd jobs will eventually get outdated as RO ages even more.  /heh

"High population" for private servers seems to be around 200+ now. There's very few servers left with minimal customizations, but I'm happy to find one for now.  /ok
Community-driven packages for new players and guilds! Just say you're from RMS in Ret-RO's Introduction forums.

Myteriouss

I find that Third Jobs take the fun out of RO the way it was played before. Same with all the renewal modifications going on etc. However, I do like the extended storylines and maps/quests coming into place from the latest episodes.

Also, to hit you back on the Anime integration into RO.. I also personally feel that.. it ruins RO. I understand you want something "Unique" coming into RO to hook players.. but, iunno.. =/

Fangel

Quote from: Myteriouss on Feb 04, 2012, 12:43 AM
I find that Third Jobs take the fun out of RO the way it was played before. Same with all the renewal modifications going on etc. However, I do like the extended storylines and maps/quests coming into place from the latest episodes.

Also, to hit you back on the Anime integration into RO.. I also personally feel that.. it ruins RO. I understand you want something "Unique" coming into RO to hook players.. but, iunno.. =/

Exactly! My sentiments exactly. :/

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: Myteriouss on Feb 04, 2012, 12:43 AM
I find that Third Jobs take the fun out of RO the way it was played before.

Third classes themselves aren't really the problem. But the whole game started shifting towards a "modern MMO" model even before Renewal, and of course Renewal itself played a huge role in this. I could make a wall of text here how and why, but I'll just quote Doddler: "RO has always been a sort of harsh game for players to pick up and play, but it's a freedom that you don't see much these days."

Personally I'd love to have a pre-Renewal LR server, something permanently stuck at Episode 11(minus the Mercenary System)  - sort of RetRO Trans Edition.

D1gITaLMaYhEm

Tbh i honestly hate Renewal with a passion it's a whole diffrent game and not at all the RO i love, and wtf is up with how imba the third classes are, no matter how much i tweak them they still seem to have a problem somewhere that makes them imba.

More or less i think almost everyone i know has a problem with renewal some way or another..but i rarely hear complaints about Pre-Renewal....
/?

Habuka

I honestly don't plan on playing any 3rd job servers because until they are completely fixed, i will stick to what i know.
I Is Warned

Lucian

It's nice for looks I guess, but other than that I'll stick to a server with no 3rd classes.

Lindariel

I tried 3rd Jobs on several servers and I  don't like the sprites and gamepaly mechanics. They are huge and ugly like some wings on certain servers. ;)
Oh, and they totally messed up the arc bishop sprite. qq