renewal servers

Started by fluidin, Apr 29, 2012, 11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluidin

Just wanted some suggestions  /ho

What are some of the more mechanically accurate renewal servers out there right now? By mechanically accurate I mean faithfully emulating the renewal mechanics of the KR/iRO server, or the JP one, which I understand has some different features of their own.

From what I gather quite a few eA renewal servers aren't exactly the best indication of what to expect in an official renewal server, and I'm not talking about rates nor customs. :/
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

fluidin

how would i be able to tell which server uses an updated rAthena build though?

I mean, not every server advertises their build, right?
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Smoke

None. Even iRO isnt 100% accurate with their stuff. The only one is kRO because thats where all the other ragnarok servers get any and every information from.

Quote from: jTynne on Apr 30, 2012, 12:25 AM
I'd say the closest servers to being true to Renewal are those running rA...
brAthena is more updated I believe , I may be wrong. But I've tried rAthena's revision that released 2 days ago and they're really very buggy. It will take them some time to get things in place, but that happens they'll be the best... cause jMan knows his s***, even took eA places until Paradox screwed up? idk/c.

Quote from: jTynne on Apr 30, 2012, 12:25 AM
or who have competent teams working on them, e.g. CookieRO
I'd like to try chilly's svn out... I've heard its almost as if he worked for iRO and ripped the source before quitting.

Strudel

Another one would be LimitRO Renewal, it's probably the most updated one out there, considering it has Oboro/Kagerou, Homunculus 2 & Mounts, I don't know anyone who has Oboro/Kagerou at this point of time.
Also rA still needs renewal mechanism fixes, it's good as it is but there are still a lot of things needed to be done before it'll be a stable renewal based server.

fluidin

hmmm. smoke, i was under the impression that jRO did some things differently from kRO though?

i remember reading on irowiki forums a while back that jRO wanted to update some of their major mechanics differently from kRO.

Smoke

Quote from: fluidin on May 02, 2012, 06:50 AM
hmmm. smoke, i was under the impression that jRO did some things differently from kRO though?
Yes but not too different, quite obviously since the game originated in Korea. But iRO does different things aswel, they just dont touch the mechanics/formulae.

Quote from: fluidin on May 02, 2012, 06:50 AM
I remember reading on irowiki forums a while back that jRO wanted to update some of their major mechanics differently from kRO.

Maybe, I dont know much about Japan RO but yeah alot of their formulas are different. Even in eAthena coding, few Japanese formulas have been used but that's because Athena originated from Japan I think. Regarding renewal I haven't seen much from jRO, last I heard was on the iRO forums about them getting the BiFrost patch.