Non-trans only server! Interested?

Started by mathio, Jun 26, 2008, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandora

I've seen a few non-trans server before, it's sortof original, but certainly not unique, no one holds a copyright on that idea. 2 years ago there was a server called retRO opened by a former friend of mine. I don't know how old Wright RO was, but I doubt it was the first non-trans server.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

GM Faith

Looks like someone has a superiority complex  ;)

But yeah, It isn't just RO Pservers that copy each other.

Every MMO ever copies each other, Look at what Gravity is doing - RagnaWoW Online  :-\
Impossible is nothing..

Lore

Quote from: GM Faith on Jul 07, 2008, 09:22 AM
Looks like someone has a superiority complex  ;)

But yeah, It isn't just RO Pservers that copy each other.

Every MMO ever copies each other, Look at what Gravity is doing - RagnaWoW Online  :-\
Not quite.

Superiority complex refers to a subconscious neurotic mechanism of compensation developed by the individual as a result of feelings of inferiority. (yay wikipedia)

He's just pissed. I think you would be too, in his position.

As for Ragnarok 2 (i assume thats what "ragnaWoW" is), its nothing like World of Warcraft...except for the 3-D look which is all animu-japano-style anyhow.

MWright967

Quote from: Pandora on Jul 07, 2008, 08:26 AM
I've seen a few non-trans server before, it's sortof original, but certainly not unique, no one holds a copyright on that idea. 2 years ago there was a server called retRO opened by a former friend of mine. I don't know how old Wright RO was, but I doubt it was the first non-trans server.

First of all, I never said I had the first non-trans server. Obstacle RO was the first non-trans, and I am a personal friend of Shiken who even became a GM on Wright RO for a brief period of time. He was the first non-trans, and I was the second. I know this because Wright RO has been around in some form or another for a long donkey time, and its always been non-trans. I simply said that my server was the first to encompass the non-trans AND the things the first poster was listing too.

As for you GM Faith, let me explain something to you. How would you like it if you basically reinvented an entire style of gameplay, and then some little nooblet comes along and says ''Hey guess what! I have this totally new and fantastic idea that no one has ever done before! woot!''. I don't think you would. I don't have a problem with people copying my ideas, as long as credit is given where credit is due. Don't start manufacturing telephones if you're gonna say you're the guy who invented them.

@lore: Thanks for the defense bud.

GM Faith

Sorry if that sounded like flame, I was only kidding around.

Wasn't really referring to RO2, just what Gravity is turning RO into.

Battlegrounds
Instanced dungeons
A portal to another realm
Stop me if this sounds familiar.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Guillotine Cross didn't use Energy when they're released either.

Don't get me wrong, i love RO. It just saddens me to see Gravity turning it into WoW.

..when did this topic get so derailed?
Impossible is nothing..

Nyalyn

Quote from: MWright967 on Jul 07, 2008, 11:46 AM
some little nooblet comes along and says ''Hey guess what! I have this totally new and fantastic idea that no one has ever done before! woot!''.

Quote from: mathio on Jun 26, 2008, 06:39 PM
I had this idea... but when I made a search here I found out I was not the only nor first one to think about it.

Reading comprehension, ahoy!

How would you like it if you basically reinvented an entire style of gameplay

I don't have a problem with people copying my ideas, as long as credit is given where credit is due.

My good sir, the only thing you invented is a whole new degree of being stuck up your own rectal passage.

On topic; I support this effort, although I am highly sceptical it will ever take off.

Rehael

Quote from: Nyalyn on Jul 07, 2008, 01:11 PM
some little nooblet comes along and says ''Hey guess what! I have this totally new and fantastic idea that no one has ever done before! woot!''.

Quote from: mathio on Jun 26, 2008, 06:39 PM
I had this idea... but when I made a search here I found out I was not the only nor first one to think about it.

Reading comprehension, ahoy!

How would you like it if you basically reinvented an entire style of gameplay

I don't have a problem with people copying my ideas, as long as credit is given where credit is due.

My good sir, the only thing you invented is a whole new degree of being stuck up your own rectal passage.

On topic; I support this effort, although I am highly sceptical it will ever take off.

You Sir, made my week.
The Greatest Server is in preparation phase : http://valiantro.com
Setting the standard so high the other servers will look like noob stuff. ;)

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: GM Faith on Jul 07, 2008, 12:38 PM
Battlegrounds
Instanced dungeons
A portal to another realm
Stop me if this sounds familiar.

Good lord not this s*** again

GM Faith

Its somewhat relevant to the discussion  :-\
Impossible is nothing..

ughhh do not start up with this again >.>
please guys don't start flaming >.<

but as an ontopic note, theres tons of ppl that want a non trans server =P
and i mean tons

its a good idea but, the majory of players do want trans.... so a non trans server might be a large-ish population but i don't expect it to be anything huge huge =3

but tell me if im wrong ^^

Brainstorm

Sorry, but wow didnt invent nor battlegrounds nor instancing maps.
And portals to another world...I can think even on stargate, just to show how wow was "original" on that idea.
Diablo had portals to another world too (hell and heaven?).

I recall instances on Ultima Online, and maps similar to "battlegrounds" (capture the flag, conquer fields, castle vs castle) on UO, runescape, and many other less famous games.

MWright967

Quote from: Brainstorm on Jul 07, 2008, 10:36 PM
Sorry, but wow didnt invent nor battlegrounds nor instancing maps.
And portals to another world...I can think even on stargate, just to show how wow was "original" on that idea.
Diablo had portals to another world too (hell and heaven?).

I recall instances on Ultima Online, and maps similar to "battlegrounds" (capture the flag, conquer fields, castle vs castle) on UO, runescape, and many other less famous games.

....Since when is Runescape less famous than Ultima Online? Every 11 year old kid on earth has a Runescape account. Hell, I remember play it myself in a yesteryear long past :P

Pandora

Doesn't matter than wow wasnt the first one to implement those things, currently it's the most popular mmo by far and I do think gravity are trying to change ro to mimic some features of this big concurrent.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Which is like a monkey wearing a tuxedo trying to pass for a man.

GM Faith

Which precisely proves my point that there is no such thing as originality

Holy off-topic batman!
Impossible is nothing..