NeuRO

Started by Shadowfax, Nov 17, 2011, 10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kensei

NeuRO staffs were fine to begin with, but the facts that they went poof after less than one week of activity pissed the community off. Clive, from what my friend said, is somehow fun to chat with. But he got trolled so bad sometimes lol. MistyChoco, never seen her. Secret Duckie, not much but she seems interesting. Others, pfft barely seen them as well. Helpers are fun to talk with. Kafra, worst forum admin ever for WoE server / trolldom, yet I don't know how she could get the position (in other servers as well).

Neu was actually half WoE and half PvM-kawaii-hats. So it could be a good server for you I think, but avoid forum lol. They were open to PvM kawaii suggestion (more to WoE suggestions somehow) so it could keep non-woe players to play around o:

And well Yusi, if only you know my forum name there.. xdd

Usagimimi

Betcha couldn't find me >:D

But yeah, forums are really important social aspects for me. I refer to them more than in-game socializing so when the forums turned out ugly, was a real turn-off.

Oh well. Dead.

Kensei

Did you join when it was still "young"? Cause I joined like 2 weeks before community's dead (WoE people left).

R.I.P NeuRO. Clive be enjoying his donation money on his never-ending vacation <3

Usagimimi

I joined at the beginning of October and left just as quickly as I came lol

But yeah... I still saw 200 online the other day; no idea why it closed unless all 200 of 'em were vendors.

Thoth

the population was slowly growing before it was shut down. if real improvements had continued, it couldve become something huge.
the impression I have is that the head gm overworked himself and got exhausted, stopped caring, and didnt have other gms to pick up the slack.
its impossible to tell at this point.

leokimah

Simple solution is to stop joining said servers. WoE servers are not and never will last more than 3 months, 6 months if your lucky. This has been going on for over 3 years now except the life span grows shorter each year. Your better off joining some highly customized server with kawaii hats that thrives on weeaboos and other anime jerk offs to stay alive through donates like [insert anime hat, sprite, pet w/e here].

Those of you crying that pvm and the social aspect not being strong on a WoE server need to just stop now. Seriously it's a WOE server. Why would you join a server that specifically states it's WoE oriented and expect something different? Trolls thrive on competitive play and if your stomach isn't strong enough to handle some trash talk then simply stay away.

Yusifer I've seen you complain about countless WoE based servers. Why do you keep trying to join them if your not interested in them at all? Must have way too much time on your hands?

Aurora™

Quote from: leokimah on Nov 19, 2011, 02:37 PMMust have way too much time on your hands?
Wouldn't that apply to everyone that plays RO?

Anyways, there are servers out there, and will soon be more (such as mine) that will focus on everything, including WoE (but isn't BASED on WoE). Servers such as NeuRO didn't necessarily advertise as a primarily WoE server? I could be wrong, I don't remember actually reading the advertisement so don't quote me on that. It's common for people to join said WoE servers who don't necessarily advertise that they are primarily WoE that are PvM lovers. Also, I wouldn't say that people who complain about trolls have weak stomachs. I fluffing hate trolls that troll with no purpose (of course I have some history as being a troll as a player, but at least people like me, you, and a lot of other people troll with intelligence). Of course the internet, and especially RO servers wrapped around competition is going to be full of them but I don't think that it's entirely a person's fault when they enjoy the overall aspect of the server and don't want to be surrounded by said idiots.

I love being active on forums and being involved with communities, and to be completely honest, it's trolls like the ones on NeuRO that ruins the community aspect. Heavy competition and a good community can exist together. Keep the trash talk and goofing around inside of WoE (which many people do) and be nice towards the general populace outside of WoE.

Anyways.

leokimah

Not necessarily. I can play RO 2 hours a week cause i really don't have the time like a lot of other people seem to have.

Also with today's competition your not going to be able to find a server that is primarily WoE based with the community you mentioned. That's just not possible anymore.

Usagimimi

Quote from: leokimahYusifer I've seen you complain about countless WoE based servers. Why do you keep trying to join them if your not interested in them at all? Must have way too much time on your hands?

I think you missed the point. The website mentioned that it was WoE geared but with a social side. I contemplated joining for the latter portion of that statement. Not to mention, other MRs at the time were complete trash, and it seemed to be the only one left with any kind of potential whatsoever. Obviously not, though.

It didn't live up to its claim. I left. Had maybe three or four posts there before I realized that there actually was no friendly social side of the server, at least from the forum experience I had.

Maybe played ~5min in-game prior to that. End of my time at NeuRO.

btw, I never "complained" about anything, nor did I post suggestions, etc. on the NeuRO board. I realized within the first ~10min of forum lurking that it was severely WoE-geared and lacked the latter half of its claim on the website. I left without leaving any trace of having been there in the first place.

In regards to my distaste for some modern WoE aspects, it is a matter of opinion that stays on RMS and doesn't float into other servers. It's their decision to do what they want, and for the most part, I don't object unless they ask for public opinion on things. I even stear away from sharing my opinion about WoE, BG, etc. on said servers because Hell, I don't participate, so why should I bother to try and change anything. If "having an opinion with structure that doesn't concur with the majority nowadays" constitutes "complaining", then someone needs a dictionary and/or reality check.

So before pointing fingers or making baseless statements, maybe think a little bit. World never gets anywhere with "NO U"-type crap.

leokimah

Quote from: Yusifer on Nov 19, 2011, 03:21 PM
So before pointing fingers or making baseless statements, maybe think a little bit. World never gets anywhere with "NO U"-type crap.

I wouldn't call it baseless. Seen you around on many servers for awhile now.

No need to derail this thread anyways. So I'll end my part here.

Thoth

even though neuro is already dead, I got banned from the forums for "server advertising". sounds like someone with forum powers wants to divert traffic to their server of choice~

Strudel

I haven't been yet, wew you scared me there.
rofl, all advertising or talks of moving to another server have been deleted.. who the ef would remove those? the server's dead anyways,
Kafra's last login was nov 19th.. mm maybe it?

Kensei

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 20, 2011, 05:38 AM
even though neuro is already dead, I got banned from the forums for "server advertising". sounds like someone with forum powers wants to divert traffic to their server of choice~
All I know is Kafra is the only remaining staff who's visiting the forum (:
And it's quite shocking on how my prediction failed me (Kafra's identity)

Strudel

Who did you think it was and who was it?
Considering it's not him/her tell us :D

Triper

Rofl, that's what I call someone wants to try to use the server for something else/there is a ninja doing something in the back.