NeuRO

Started by Shadowfax, Nov 17, 2011, 10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowfax

Their admin posted a message on their website saying they've closed the server:

QuoteHello everyone,
It was July 2nd, when NeuRO opened its doors... And unfortunately... It has come to this day to where the journey ends.
Unfortunately, NeuRO is coming to an end... Why you may ask? Well there simply isn't enough hours in the day to fullfill the needs of the players / suggestions and so on and so forth.
Although one can spectate it as an excuse, one may also seek from a point of view of an admin or a staff member that it was a hard job maintaining to what NeuRO is today.
So without further adue, NeuRO will be closing its doors as of 11/17/2011, after over 4 months of success, the server has come to an end
Thank you everyone for participating in this epic journey as it was an amazing trip for us also. We wish everyone a farewell and a happy adventure on their Ragnarok journey and hopefully we get to see one of the many faces again soon!

Thank you for making it an amazing adventure,
From everyone from the NeuRO Staff, and your fellow Admin [Clive], we wish everyone good luck!

http://neu-ro.net/

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=12744&itv=6&url_sname=NeuRO

Kensei

All I know is the admin has been missing in action lately, but he never gave a sign to close his server. Some are ranting about it that it's someone's doing (not Clive).

Shadowfax

The message seemed fairly articulate so I assumed it was legit. I don't play there though so I have no idea, but I guess if it's not the admin's message then someone can close this thread.

Yuzo

the server was 80-90% dead so its understandable.

Kensei

Community-based, Neu has been dead since 2-3 weeks ago (or more) in which the WoE guilds all left and what is left on the servers are remnants (PvM people, social, low-tier random WoE guild).
About the server, it was up until some days I saw people ranting about how the server closed without announcements. Clive (main admin) was also missing in action at the same time when the community dead. Now from what I heard, server got hacked by someone or w/e and Clive is trying to contact host on what happened. But tbh, I doubt that's the real thing happened though.

Apparently, there's another server that just opened that's just like Neu (feature based and stuff). I do smell something fishy.

Regz

Quote from: Kensei on Nov 18, 2011, 01:53 AM
Community-based, Neu has been dead since 2-3 weeks ago (or more) in which the WoE guilds all left and what is left on the servers are remnants (PvM people, social, low-tier random WoE guild).
About the server, it was up until some days I saw people ranting about how the server closed without announcements. Clive (main admin) was also missing in action at the same time when the community dead. Now from what I heard, server got hacked by someone or w/e and Clive is trying to contact host on what happened. But tbh, I doubt that's the real thing happened though.

Apparently, there's another server that just opened that's just like Neu (feature based and stuff). I do smell something fishy.

Which one?

Anyway I thought it was odd that the server had closed without any notice, but then again Clive never really cared that much about the server. The staff was never online but I never thought neuRO was particularly "dead" even though the biggest WoE guilds left, there were still high-tier players who were building their own new guilds.

Though I have to admit that the hacking thing seems a little legit since there was no warning about closing the server down and there were still like 500 players online so it was by no means over. The most likely reason for Clive to close the server would be just him getting tired of it. He could've just hired more staff and actually listen to the players' wishes instead of whining about them and making bad and hasty decisions.

NeuRO was a great server with the most balanced donation system I've seen, the server was prosperous and fun to play, it just needed a little more love.

Judgement

People are going to be joining that server.
It's going to die a few months later.
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Strudel

Message by Secret Duckie
QuoteAlas my comrades...  I didn't receive official word on it directly from him, but if we are actually going down forever, I guess this is so long. I enjoyed being your head GM and I wish you all the best. (:

Lysander

Can't say I'm surprised. My fiancee and I joined hoping to become part of the staff, but the staff was never online.

Oh well, we'll be opening our own server in a couple weeks anyways.

Strudel

Confirmation by administration now:
Secret Duckie posted this in the "News" section:

QuoteHello to all of you. I'm sorry to say that the front page was not hacked, but Clive oficially closed down NeuRO.

We enjoyed the journey with you all, and it was a great pleasure to host something amazing with you. We had our great times and our not-so-great times, but all in all it was a blast. I sincerly hope you all remember us fondly and enjoy your further Ragnarok adventures.

As for myself personally, I very much enjoyed being your head GM, and am proud to have been a part of Clive's amazing idea. It was truly a labor of love between us and the rest of the staff of NeuRO.

Thank you once again. Best wishes toward your future in Ragnarok!
- NeuRO staff

Shadowfax

Ah, I guess it wasn't hacked then. Their sudden closure seems somewhat suspicious, maybe another VastRO incident? I've heard there were many donators on that server, so I'm sure they aren't at all pleased at how the admin has handled closing the server.

I'm curious to the state of the server before this sudden close, does anyone have any information?

Triper

I lol'd at balanced donation. Server was ruled by donation coins[it was like the current currency of the server for all the good stuff] and that system is super used in a lot of other servers and is quite bad for doesn't want to pay2win. It was the worst server I've seen economically talking and I've seen some pretty bad servers already.

I just say that it was about time. No point to have a server woe based when woe was dead like 2 months ago lol

Probably the reason why the server was closed was because Clive wasn't making enough profit with it at the moment :P but not gonna rant on that.

Regz

Quote from: Shadowfax on Nov 18, 2011, 09:54 AM
Ah, I guess it wasn't hacked then. Their sudden closure seems somewhat suspicious, maybe another VastRO incident? I've heard there were many donators on that server, so I'm sure they aren't at all pleased at how the admin has handled closing the server.

I'm curious to the state of the server before this sudden close, does anyone have any information?

I smell another VastRO case too, there were a lot of donators since the donation shop was relatively cheap and offered a lot of useful items (+10 foods, enriched elu/ori etc) and kawaii headgear disguises. Clive worked in mysterious ways, he had strange incidents with the host that required a couple of hundred dollars to fix which encouraged people to donate more without actually even knowing what was going on. In retrospect it was rather fishy.

The server wasn't really dying, some bigger WoE guilds left a few weeks ago but new ones were growing on their places. The last time I logged in there were at least over 400 players online and as far as I know there wasn't any huge drama on the forums either.  That's why the shutdown was such a surprise, there were no warnings beforehand and the GM staff supposedly had no idea of this happening. 

When you count it all together, yeah, it sounds like a good old bail-off with donations to me.

Quote from: Triper on Nov 18, 2011, 10:26 AM
I lol'd at balanced donation. Server was ruled by donation coins[it was like the current currency of the server for all the good stuff] and that system is super used in a lot of other servers and is quite bad for doesn't want to pay2win. It was the worst server I've seen economically talking and I've seen some pretty bad servers already.

When most of the donation systems featured have a "pay $50 and get all stats+5 wings/red beret/PREMIUM GOLD ACCOUNT WITH AWESOME COMMANDS LIKE @MI AND @CHANGEGM" thing going on I'd say "pay $2 and get food or hats" is rather balanced.

I agree the economy was sh*t though, everything was ridiculously overpriced and the inflation was terrible. 160m for OGs, seriously?

Triper

It wasn't that bad in that aspect but when you've CKs being sold by 100+ donation coins and people buy them and the price of donation coins was too low for Clive and he wanted the price to be a lot higher but wasn't able to do that happen, the server is economically ruined.

Kensei

When pinoys invade your server, zenny lost its meaning. It has to be said. And how many of you do actually read other topics about NeuRO or ppl looking for WoE server. I posted everywhere.

Yes, Clive is going on a vacation since all WoE guilds left. More reason to suspect he's enjoying the $$, leaving everything to powerless staffs, and closed it when he saw that server has no hope to get populated again. No irl confirmation, in which all Clive said could be total lies (about what he's been doing). I even suspect he's running another server now, under different name.

Quote from: Lysander on Nov 18, 2011, 07:39 AM
My fiancee and I joined hoping to become part of the staff, but the staff was never online.

And I read somewhere on Neu forum saying things like, when you two become part of staffs, server are going to close within 2 weeks after your promotion. Seems like you two got some reputation in RO servers .__.

Talking about staffs, the last thing Clive did to server was getting a random b*tch to take care of Forum. Insta forum admin to her and she swinged it with personal hate, especially on my face.