My latest reviews for RuthlessRO.

Started by DragonHero, Dec 23, 2008, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mortiik

That's the problem, I'm running outta topics to read there..

Quote"You may strategically place your wonderful lips upon my posterior and kiss it repeatedly."

Poki

I don't know where the topic is going, but why didn't anyone do @showexp when killing the poring?  And... what's up with the EXP again?  It's not making much of a sense to me when I see the rates 3000/3000 but after a poring, she didn't even level up.

Or was that just photoshop?  Whatever the case, there's so many questions that were left unanswered. Oh, and hi Descent.

Omi

Quote from: Poki on Dec 31, 2008, 05:30 PM
I don't know where the topic is going, but why didn't anyone do @showexp when killing the poring?  And... what's up with the EXP again?  It's not making much of a sense to me when I see the rates 3000/3000 but after a poring, she didn't even level up.

Or was that just photoshop?  Whatever the case, there's so many questions that were left unanswered. Oh, and hi Descent.

@showexp isn't a public command.

DragonHero

omi is right. and there are scripts eathena has to restrict levels. that and there is a default program inside of each server that restricts levels as well.

Every server has to be challenging. If it is not... What fun will you have?

That and i am trying to make the people on my server WANT to start hunting in groups with other players.

Take a close look at RoDreamers base level and experience. It starts getting harder to level as you gain levels.

Another way to restrict levels is to increase the experience requirements for each level in db/exp.txt
Come and play RuthlessRO! Its my new server! And i am trying to make it fun! To find my server just click the link under the image below!

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=4347&url_sname=RuthlessRO

Descent

Quote from: DragonHero on Jan 01, 2009, 02:55 AM
omi is right. and there are scripts eathena has to restrict levels. that and there is a default program inside of each server that restricts levels as well.

That and i am trying to make the people on my server WANT to start hunting in groups with other players.

Take a close look at RoDreamers base level and experience. It starts getting harder to level as you gain levels.

Another way to restrict levels is to increase the experience requirements for each level in db/exp.txt

When are you going the learn the obvious difference between "Script" and "Configuration" file. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

And hi, Poki.

Omi

Quote from: DragonHero on Jan 01, 2009, 02:55 AM

Uhh..  What does @showexp have to do with that?  Oh okay so you can't see your exp gained, but all you need to do is press alt+v and look at your EXP when you kill something.  All @showexp does is make it easier to see how much you get a kill.  What does it have to do with restricting levels and what not?  Stop going away from the point D:

Also why do you keep mentioning "programmes inside of each server", it's just configurations and scripts that do the work :|

Oh, hi JJJ

Poki

There's a difference between making it challenging and making it convenient for players.  If @showexp is too much and makes it "less challenging" somehow, take off @autoloot and take off @main so they may experience the ultimate pain of having nothing that makes it a lot more convenient for them.  Oh, not convenient, I meant challenging.  idk u maekin me cunfooze.  (@main is just there to socialize with other players.  It's just something for fun).

Oh, and I will never forget you, Omi.  Hi.

DragonHero

well... @autoloot is available on my server along with some other @commands but they are not overpowering @commands.
I made it so each player obtains their drops with each kill automatically.
@autoloot is there in case thre person wants to loot things that have less of a drop rate.
If you type @autoloot 30 you will be looting items with a 30% drop rate or less.
Come and play RuthlessRO! Its my new server! And i am trying to make it fun! To find my server just click the link under the image below!

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=4347&url_sname=RuthlessRO

Omi

All you're doing now is just reading the first line in each of our posts and explaining what a command does.  Stop going away from the point.

Oh, hai2u poki.  I less than three you.

Poki

What ever happened to @showexp?  It's as if it was suddenly forgotten?!

DragonHero

it is available. just the server features make it harder to level even though the rates are 3000x 3000x

Poki

Oh! I think I got it.  So you increased the rates to make it easy, but you increased the amount of experience needed to gain a level more so it becomes harder?! So in the end it becomes... No.

goodbai Oni.  I nid some sliep.

DragonHero

no. theres a default setting that restricts levels. i used that instead of modifying the exp rates. because... it still needs some challenge to level it is still somewhat easy as well.