Midgard Legends

Started by 2k2, Oct 22, 2023, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2k2

MORE MAJOR SERVER-BREAKING BUG EXPLOITING FROM DAY 1, AS EXPECTED.
3 years in development, btw.

TLDR: OCA (Old Card Album) duping happening since day 1 of the 2nd launch (likely already discovered during the 1st launch/before the wipe), where basically the Card Hunt NPC (swap 20 random cards for 1 Old Card Album) would give you the item before taking your 20 cards in exchange, making it possible for you to finish the NPC dialog before he takes your items by closing the client. Supposedly, people abused this to farm thousands of OCAs since day 1 and been selling/spreading/flooding the cards into the market, which at this point, it's something that can't be fixed anymore other than a 2nd wipe (LOL!).

Hopefully this will be enough to be the last nail in the coffin for this server and the dumb players still playing there finally realize the stupidity they're supporting by playing there.

Disclaimer: the following texts (except from Bold text lines) and image are NOT from me. Reddit thread source below.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/RagnarokOnline/comments/17tc9ke/oca_duping_in_midgard_legends/

"After all this time, after a complete server wipe, after a 2nd open beta and after (their words) 3 years of development... We have an OCA bug that has been in the game since the 1st and 2nd opening. Yes, an Old Card Album bug. There is/was an NPC in the game that let you trade in any 20 cards for an OCA. However, if you logged out before you clicked the prompt, it still gave you the OCA without taking your 20 cards. So people have been printing an infinite amount of OCA's on a 5/5/3 lowrate server that is less than a month old.

The reason why this has been discovered TODAY is because someone made a mistake. This person among others have been asking people what cards they wanted to buy and he would to go on to "hunt" for those cards. Usually he would manage to get that card within a couple hours. So people got suspicious... This person was asked for 3 Stapo cards (nobody farms Stapo's) and he accidentally put 9 Stapo cards into the trade window. Shortly after that, people reported this person and the OCA NPC was instantly removed, but the damage was already done. He said he had duped 1000s of OCA's and this is just one person. I can't imagine the damage this exploit has already done to the economy."

"Accidentally put in 9 Stapo cards instead of 3. Nobody farms Stapo's."

"Pretending to take on "hunting bounties" when all he had to do was open OCA's until he got the card that was asked for."

THIS HERE NOW SHOWS HOW RUDE [ADM]LOKI/REBELO/GM CRONWELL IS AND HOW HE TREATS HIS COMMUNITY:

"Oh yeah, the Thanatos portal is also bugged of course (no surprises there) and when people went on Discord to ask about it, this was what they got as a response from the Community Admin:"

The following images proves the kind of interaction you get with this corrupt Admin (I understand the player messaging him was sarcastic and rude, but you need to keep your level-headed when you're in a position of leadership, because it's expected you will be handling trolls from time to time, still no reason to lash out lack that and ban the whole group).

"For heaven's sake! We, the community literally BETA TESTED this server twice and went through a server wipe that destroyed tens if not a hundred hours of our free time and after 3 years of development we still can't expect basic functions to work correctly? And we get threatened with a ban because we speak up about one thing. And not just that, we are absolutely correct, because multiple people have come forward that the Thanatos quest is bugged. It's ridiculous really. Oh and did I mention that they opened up for donations a few days ago? Yeah very cool to offer donations when half the server isn't even working correctly or uses systems that are absolutely flawed. Well, I'll just leave it at this, but if you want to personally witness this ridiculousness, you can always just join the discord and admire how patient the RO community is with not very capable leadership, let's just say."

To Midgard Legends players:

Are you seriously fine with this situation? Legitimately curious to know why would you be fine with this all (both, the OCA abuse and illicit cards flooding the market and the response from [ADM]Loki). Would love if you all reading this could create an account to interact and give your opinions over this and the rest of the topic as a whole.
Find me here:

agi456

Just to add fuel to the fire  /gg

exe13

we need second wipe!!!

Metan

Lol, at this point it's 100% on the people still playing this garbage. Perhaps this server is actually a blessing in disguise, pulling so many gullible people and worse groups to its orbit. A toast to its longevity if that's the case.

Blinzer

Quote from: 2k2 on Nov 12, 2023, 03:32 AMThe following images proves the kind of interaction you get with this corrupt Admin (I understand the player messaging him was sarcastic and rude, but you need to keep your level-headed when you're in a position of leadership, because it's expected you will be handling trolls from time to time, still no reason to lash out lack that and ban the whole group).

i didn't read the rest of the post so i don't know if the rest is proof of foul play from the admin or not, but my eye snapped to this one specific thing because i'm going to have to hard disagree. if you're being an a****** in my presence to anyone, f*** you and get you're getting s*** talked the f*** out of. you're on my server, my game, freeloading, and daddy's gonna give you a spanking if you come in my town bringing some s*** personality thinking you can do what you want to people. you're not coming in here spreading that attitude without catching these hands. period.

the banning part however, is extremely scummy. talk is good, abuse of power is bad. if you ban someone, it means you're too weak to solve it the real way.

MemeLover

Quote from: 2k2 on Nov 12, 2023, 03:32 AMMORE MAJOR SERVER-BREAKING BUG EXPLOITING FROM DAY 1, AS EXPECTED.

Guys, i think we need ML memes thread start, or Loki best citation. Enjoy, people have been doing this work for 3 years, everyone should support them with at least 3 great memes

MemeLover

2k2

This [ADM]Loki/Rebelo is such a clown. He banned an entire party, banned lots of people on Discord for pointing out bugs, questioning and confirming he was mistaken to think the quest was working as intended, just to later realize it actually wasn't working and as a "quick fix" they're spawning Thantos MVP on the 6th floor of the tower, since people are unable to proceed with the quest after this point.

Threatening and bashing people for pointing out the bug and then claiming the quest is working fine and that he tested it himself

This is an in-game screenshot of the MVP spawn announcement (1 day after his claims the quest was working) showing it's now spawning on the 6th floor

He has been claiming the OCA duping abuse had "zero" impact on the server and saying they checked all the logs and nothing bad happened, but in reality, a LOT of card flooded the market with even super rare and valuable cards such as Alice Card, Abysmal Knight Card, Gemini-S58 Card in the past couple days (players said there was nobody selling any of these cards since day1, except for a few Abysmal Knight Cards dropped legitimately). These cards suddenly appeared in the server yet [ADM]Loki continues to claim the OCA duping had "zero impact and that they checked everything in the logs". There are even talks and rumours about some miniboss cards already in the game, more specifically, an Angeling and a Deviling Card.

He continues on a tirade of banning everyone questioning the staff about this.

Banning players for just asking and worrying about the future of the server

Banning a 2nd player for questioning why he banned the 1st one for just asking

Claims the dupper was banned and there was "zero impact" on the server, despite A LOT of rare and valuable cards suddenly popping in the market

Another player politely asking for an official statement/position about the exploit and he replying with arrogance and mockery

This here is a lie. Wasn't just one player and he didn't "announce a multitude of cards", the bug abuse was brought up to light because he was selling a large number of rare cards. More people were duping this and spreading cards into the game, one guild specifically benefitted from this the most as they were directly buying A LOT of good and rare cards from the duppers for dirty cheap (guess which guild?) and then reported the duppers to stop the exploit and keep the cards for themselves since they legitimately bought them[/b].

[ADM]Cyberneko showing he's as dirty as [ADM]Loki. He claims the dupper (there was more than one dupper) "only made 10m in zeny" after duping thousands (more specifically, in the numbers of 4000s), which the player asks/explains/reasons that can't be true, as you're expected to make much more than that with just 2 digits number of OCAs. Since 2 days ago, the server is flooded with cards such as Alice, Abysmal Knight and rarer ones.

DIRECT GOOGLE TRANSLATION:

QuoteBalbsSalú — Yesterday at 10:07 AM
The flag for me is that the server has about 400 on, and we only noticed, as you said: "we suspected when he announced an infinity of cards"..so it wasn't because of the oca npc log changing frantically that raised the flag, it was him being an idiot.
Either it didn't acknowledge receipt and generated, I don't know, a log just for the 4000 or it generated 4000 logs and you can't check regularly because there are n thousand exchange NPCs

That's what it takes for me, if the guy stays quiet, he slowly generates the hollows, without being greedy, he equipped an entire guild, sold them little by little, because he only attracted attention due to the excessive sales of cards

A suggestion as a countermeasure is, I don't know, 1x a week to look at important NPCs for exchange, XP in GOH, OCA and I don't know what else.

whitepet (Topado) — Yesterday at 10:08 AM
Any Adm or GM in game? Good morning

[ADM] Loki — Yesterday at 10:09 AM
we...checked...all...logs...of the entire...server...
more than 100000 lines
Are you satisfied? man...what unnecessary drama
play the game
You will realize that this problem had NO IMPACT

The server is at a point a 2nd wipe is 100% needed due to the flood of cards of the OCA duping and most of the cards going for an specific guild, but I doubt that will happen as they know this would certainly kill the server. The server is steadily dying though, as the "300+ players" claims from a few days ago are more close to 200 now after the OCA duping exploit.
Find me here:

exe13

2k2

They just made an official statement about the OCA bug exploit/duping:

Notice the name of the ones to report the dupping and guess from which guild they are? Also, guess who are the ones that were buying hundreds of cards from the duppers before reporting it?

Thousands (over 4000) Old Card Albums were dupped and opened and thousands of these cards were injected into the market through trade or dropping. It wasn't "only 11" as he's claiming, as some people on discord has claimed and proved they alone bought TENS of cards of the some of the duppers.

@EDIT

How funny:

He banned an entire group for pointing out the bug and then banned many players on discord for also confirming it was bugged, and now they fixed the quest? Lol
Find me here:

Saika911

"bug exploration"

This guy worked at NASA and can't even spell "exploit". I hope we get more bugs to explore, because this server has produced more memes this year than all others combined.

Shuchou

Quote from: Saika911 on Nov 13, 2023, 12:44 PM"bug exploration"

This guy worked at NASA and can't even spell "exploit". I hope we get more bugs to explore, because this server has produced more memes this year than all others combined.

Given how hard he has been disproven, Loki likely went for a tour at a Nasa location and thinks that's enough to claim he 'worked' there. Loki is a total clown and clearly this is the first server he ever did anything that dealt with server files and coding xD
NPC's giving the reward before taking the payment is a classic novice mistake.

ForgotMyOldAccount

Quote from: Shuchou on Nov 13, 2023, 01:35 PMNPC's giving the reward before taking the payment is a classic novice mistake.
Right! Lol, this is the oldest scripting error in the book. How can you write full raid scripts but not know how to set a variable and properly delete currency? Crazy.

2k2

By the way, the server doesn't count the autotrades/stores on /w. I spammed to log in as soon as the server went up after the maintenance to quickly do /w and check the online number count, and it showed about ~155 online players after logging in not even 2s as soon as the server went online (nobody else but me in Prontera, and since it was literally less than 2s, I doubt more than 5 people logged in with me, let alone 155), proving this server is indeed faking the online numbers and the actual number should be anywhere between 80-150 players only.
Find me here:

yC

Quote from: ForgotMyOldAccount on Nov 13, 2023, 02:41 PMRight! Lol, this is the oldest scripting error in the book. How can you write full raid scripts but not know how to set a variable and properly delete currency? Crazy.

Wasn't going to say this, but yes I feel the same.  It's very unfortunate that this trap has always been there to catch the inexperienced scriptors.  Reminds me of the good old times when I abused similar bug from the early eAthena days.

getitem 1234, 5;
next;
mes "[Nice NPC]";
mes "Hi I will delete your item now if you haven't close the client";
delitem 5678, 9;

Wish there is a better script command for item exchange like npcitem(a[], b[], y[], z[]) to do the getitem and delitem in one line, could be more secure.  (or there is such command?!)