Midgard Legends

Started by 2k2, Oct 22, 2023, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CVantes

Passerby here. I haven't played RO in over a decade. Maybe more. I didn't know or care to know who p2w was. I simply saw a video on YouTube about Midgard Legends and figured it's winter, I could revisit an old classic. Rates, custom stuff, all seems great. I spent a month playing and having fun. The custom content was fun and the people great.

However I slowly started to see how the community was warping from happy, to frustrated and angry at the mere sight of p2w. I had to come here and read this thread to learn how much hate this group has garnered. I don't care to look up the history but the times I interacted with p2w people on the Midgard Legends server proves to me that the hate is well deserved. They are ignorant, aggressive, hive-minded a****** who will go out of their way to make the fun of others go away. That alone in my mind should be enough reason for them to be ranged banned on all servers, IP's etc. because these are private servers.

I also see a lot of the posts here fueled with hate and pure speculation. Someone has great gear? Exploiter. Someone had millions of zeny? Exploiter. Guild ran ET in < 1 month time? Exploiter.

Fact is I wouldn't doubt these p2w guys a second to abuse everything they can for a small advantage. They are not human. They are a group of sociopathic manchildren who would probably easily drop real money just to s*** on the noobs". Their discussions in every field of the ML discord proved to me that there is merit in all of the posts here and that they are a guild you should never allow on your server if you want it to last. They were the ones to abuse the homonculi leveling on day 1 and caused a server wipe. They were the ones to find a bug on the ore healing. They reported these two things because they realized they would be easy for others to find. Meanwhile leaving harder glitches hidden, as I'm sure they were well aware of them.

As for +9 gear, that was Neko's mistake. He added Blacksmith Blessings into the monthly attendance rewards. It's the thing that protects your gear when upgrade. Also they didn't seem to monitor at all how many accounts were created. Even IslandGoGames, aka Orange here, admitted in game that he made 10's of accounts just to get multiple rewards. When he discovered the duping he most likely stopped doing that. Damage he did to the server was massive. He's not a good guy at all but his hatered for p2w is what makes most people side with his antics and listen to him. No one wants to listen to p2w and as a returnee to the game and community, I see why. They seem to be apologetic and have a victim complex as soon as bad PR is shun their way but have no issues s*** on others and letting bigoted mentally ill people into their ranks. No shame.

So in short: ML was a fun server. There were more legit players than not. The staff is not prepared to handle the rapid self obsessed and frankly mentally unstable community that is RO private server hoppers. You guys are insane. It's a private server yet you treat like what you achieve there as some kind of trophy. None of you helped beginners. None of you big guilds tried to form communities. There were literally ZERO guilds recruiting and ZERO people helping people like me. You felt this pressure to never ask help in the Discord because p2w clowns would instantly mock you or you just simply got ignored.

I don't know if this is due to a big BR presence or Russian presence but English speaking players had a hard time finding their place. All guilds on ML were pre-made and formed before the server even started making the server hostile. Most beginners left once they realized all the server had was Thor3 leveling and weeklies and nothing to do bug run Mi Gaos, Anubis, Stalactices and straight into Thor till level 99. Insanely boring experience. There were no guides for the custom content on the website but shallow explanations and normal quests that required groups never had people shouting for them. You felt lost on this server if you weren't a player who played this every year since 2004. So much to do, no time and meanwhile while most of us had basic +4 gear there were people running around with +9 hunting spears, +9 Tidals and Wools etc. and you felt nothing but "why should I bother?".

The world felt empty. People were hidden in episode 13 maps since week 1. Cards, items, were not farmed. Weeklies / dailies gave all the potions you'd need and the balance changes only seemed to bolster Hunters/Snipers and made Supernovices a broken class. Every good farming map had a Supernovice instant casting bolts and farming nonstop with a cart. Every vendor was a supernovice. They were even in Thor3 with Siroma cards. It was stupid. We told them and were ignored. SD from Sin seemed broken. People suggested so many things and it was all ignored. All of it.

However as last words I'll say that the staff aren't evil. They don't seem corrupt but they do seem to protect p2w players a lot, saying they didn't seem to exploit anything when we know they did and they admitted to it. However they must've been doing something in order to get so high so fast without any explanation. I think p2w is such a dirty f*** group with a history that if they get accused they need to defend themselves. You're repeat offenders. You don't deserve 2nd chances or 3rds without proving your innocence first. These tears on this forum are a pathetic attempt in my eyes to try and wash away your bad reputation. Even a returnee can see you guys are scum beyond scum.

I believe in 2nd chances but there are some who will never get better and you have to give up on them. Simple as that.

Herpderp

Quote from: CVantes on Dec 04, 2023, 04:43 PMHowever as last words I'll say that the staff aren't evil. They don't seem corrupt

My "p2w drama serves as deflection from GM corruption" theory continues to be proven right, I see.  /ok

These guys were obviously corrupt from the start. Brazilians even tried to warn you of their history. But even if you didn't trust their word, after the NASA memes and "5000 years of Origins GM experience" etc. the writing was on the wall for anyone who isn't completely braindead. That's it, that's all you need to know this server's staff was full of liars and corrupt sacks of s***.

Never corrected themselves, never apologized, never fired Loki instantly upon getting exposed (instead he "voluntarily" left because of "mental health" long after the first exploits came to light that they also lied about with "zero impact" memes), etc.
Instead we had the lying sack of s*** luckyblackat running damage control 24/7, basically just saying "oh well i don't know anything about that, i was just relaying what i was told teehee, anyway let's change the topic", the same rat who claimed for months that he was "just a player now" while whiteknighting this GM team and damage controlling in RMS, only to suddenly become GM again later into the servers life. Funny things.

It's one thing to not care about corruption/exploits, I personally know many players who take it in stride and are just kinda "eh whatever as long as I get fun out of the server", but actually simping for these sociopaths and believing they are innocent angels? Lmao.  /heh

Even if you want to believe the most good-faith cope narrative that goes something like "poor innocent Neko just fell in with the wrong crowd (Loki)!", they would still be complicit in corruption since they never fired that psychotic, pathological liar. /hmm

ADM Ornstein

Quote from: 2k2 on Dec 04, 2023, 02:55 PMMassive Text

just dropping by as my name was mentioned in the post. The streamer Saikyoba shown on the post actually migrated to Return to Morroc today after Midgard Legends burnt down, he wasn't calling me anything or whatever. (Do keep in mind RMT and RTM are very similar sounding/reading).

Regardless, good luck to everyone involved. I have no horse in this race but overall its a sad situation for everyone mentioned.
Working again on cool stuff for people tired of the old stuff.

This time invite only. :P

Herpderp

Quote from: admornstein on Dec 04, 2023, 05:17 PMjust dropping by as my name was mentioned in the post. The streamer Saikyoba shown on the post actually migrated to Return to Morroc today after Midgard Legends burnt down, he wasn't calling me anything or whatever. (Do keep in mind RMT and RTM are very similar sounding/reading).

Regardless, good luck to everyone involved. I have no horse in this race but overall its a sad situation for everyone mentioned.

Not a fan of you or your server but I'll admit this post was absolutely GOATed.  /no1

ADM Ornstein

Quote from: Herpderp on Dec 04, 2023, 05:19 PMNot a fan of you or your server but I'll admit this post was absolutely GOATed.  /no1

You can call me whatever you wish, or dislike me on a personal level, but I'm always honest and willing to answer anything about any subject, if properly asked and discussed with.

I do believe being 100% transparent is the correct way to handle a server. Even if it does come as a negative. I hate PR speak.

And yes, Rebelo is a fraud. to this day he is claiming to be the savior who was wronged by the rest of the staff.
Working again on cool stuff for people tired of the old stuff.

This time invite only. :P

2k2

Quote from: CVantes on Dec 04, 2023, 04:43 PM[...] It's a private server yet you treat like what you achieve there as some kind of trophy. [...]

In fact, it is the case with this guild. They take great pleasure in claiming they "destroyed" a server and says they will do the same on the next.

Quote from: CVantes on Dec 04, 2023, 04:43 PM[...] There were literally ZERO guilds recruiting and ZERO people helping people like me. You felt this pressure to never ask help in the Discord because p2w clowns would instantly mock you or you just simply got ignored. [...]
I'm sorry you went through this. I'm the kind of player to always try to help as much as I can as, especially when I know the player is new or returning after a long time. Sadly, this is kind of what it is with most RO communities these days. In almost every server you play, unless you already start with a group, you gonna have a hard time finding people to play with or feeling welcome in any guild that may take you in.

As for the Discord part, if that really was what happened, then that really is f*cked and shows the server staff really was giving them a pass for everything. Sh*tting on newbies for just trying to learn the game and asking questions? That's a good and quick way to kill your server, by denying new blood from joining.

Well written post. I wish more people, and especially outsiders/those who weren't part of any guild or took part in any of the exploits or bugs or drama in the server, would create an account and give their opinion on the whole matter as the more people talking about this, the better scope we'd get from the entire situation.
Find me here:

CVantes

Quote from: Herpderp on Dec 04, 2023, 05:06 PMMy "p2w drama serves as deflection from GM corruption" theory continues to be proven right, I see.  /ok

These guys were obviously corrupt from the start. Brazilians even tried to warn you of their history. But even if you didn't trust their word, after the NASA memes and "5000 years of Origins GM experience" etc. the writing was on the wall for anyone who isn't completely braindead. That's it, that's all you need to know this server's staff was full of liars and corrupt sacks of s***.

Never corrected themselves, never apologized, never fired Loki instantly upon getting exposed (instead he "voluntarily" left because of "mental health" long after the first exploits came to light that they also lied about with "zero impact" memes), etc.
Instead we had the lying sack of s*** luckyblackat running damage control 24/7, basically just saying "oh well i don't know anything about that, i was just relaying what i was told teehee, anyway let's change the topic", the same rat who claimed for months that he was "just a player now" while whiteknighting this GM team and damage controlling in RMS, only to suddenly become GM again later into the servers life. Funny things.

It's one thing to not care about corruption/exploits, I personally know many players who take it in stride and are just kinda "eh whatever as long as I get fun out of the server", but actually simping for these sociopaths and believing they are innocent angels? Lmao.  /heh

Even if you want to believe the most good-faith cope narrative that goes something like "poor innocent Neko just fell in with the wrong crowd (Loki)!", they would still be complicit in corruption since they never fired that psychotic, pathological liar. /hmm

Meme's are meme's. I'm only giving my 50 cent from the point of view of someone who hasn't been involved with the scene 24/7 for the past 10 years. I don't have that kind of time and to expect that is rather dumb. When I read this thread it had a ton of specualtion, "loose" screenshots with no real actual way of me confirming what you're saying is true. A lot of expectation to know who people here are, who they were and what they are now. It's not enough for me to judge someone based solely on some forum goers word. You'd have to be dumb to take everything said here as truth just because someone said it.

Like I said, I'm giving my perspective. How this all looks like. I don't really care the depths of these people and their lives.

This whole thread is obsessive over people and their past. Making massive claims who they are and who they were with a few screenshots here and there. Even without this backstore of Loki guy, he seemed out of rails from day one. He was instantly acting like a moron and fluffing his feathers. Felt like you couldn't say anything about him and his ways without getting banned. When he was booted from the game I think a lot of us felt a relief. He wasn't good for the community and I believe a lot of you, including Orange here, are not good for the community.

Orange came to the server. Exploited the s*** out of it and apparently told GM's he needs a special seat at the GM table or something for his exploits. Same thing with the p2w people. They don't do anything out of the kindness of their heart or the measure of their character. If they don't get their way, aren't listened to, well they abuse the living s*** out of the bug to "show them they should've". Antisocial behaviour and I believe most if not all private server seem to be like this. Stupid backdoor discussions. Blackmail. Money changing hands. All of it is just so disgusting. All because you emulate a server. f*** hell. Get some real jobs and stop abusing this old game for some petty cash.

I've never felt so disgusted by a "community" as this one. Petty. Angry. Resentful. Schizophrenic about everyone and anyone included. There's a massive amount of baseless claims in this very thread that don't have absolute solid evidence.

Warning signs? The server didn't fall because the GM was corrupt. It fell because the GM was incompetent and glitches got abused. You're saying that without people like Orange these glitches were some kind of honey pots and all this stuff and I must admit that sounds like it could be true but without having played 100's servers that all fall eventually, I wouldn't know. I don't mingle with this community and honestly, I don't want to. I do however have had some fun following this whole thing from day one and it's stuff like this that makes me happy there are far better games out there to play.

Most of this thread is opinions, opinions with sprinkles of evidence that all point to glitches and bugs and one guy shouting that it's a RO Mafia behind it all. I've said enough though.

Orange

Quote from: CVantes on Dec 04, 2023, 06:11 PMI'm only giving my 50 cent from the point of view of someone who hasn't been involved

There are multiple staff members in real life depressed, that have gone to the doctor, paid money for treatment. Then they say doubled down repeatedly on the same stuff - They're either lying or sadists, in both cases you should not feel bad for them.

Might I suggest coming up with new strategies to gaslight people? The 'idk anything im a newb 3rd party and heres my take that is trying to lay the groundwork for their next server to not be boycotted' has been used by several staff and players alike already.

Quote from: CVantes on Dec 04, 2023, 06:11 PMOrange came to the server. Exploited the s*** out of it

Servers closed now so I can own up fully,

This is a baseless claim. I played on the server legitimately for 30 days, doing absolutely nothing but helping newbies as thats what I find fun. I invite the admins to leak their database and point to where I exploited. The 200m zeny I had was from friends(newbies i helped, housemates) quitting and my own personal grinding - I played about 6 hours daily for weeks myself too. There isnt a shred of evidence I had 800m zeny, Reborn randomly claimed I had that much in an effort to get me banned and I thought it would be funny to see if I could get banned without breaking a server rule. Call me delusional or schizo but that to me is hilarious, banning the guy that spends his time crafting arrows and making quivers for people free of charge because their arrow crafting skill was bugged over the guy using slurs and proudly proclaiming he is a server killer. It is simply funny to me to watch people shoot themselves in their own foot after I beg them not to handle guns. I did not rmt, I did not exploit, I invite anyone to refute this.

All I did was trigger p2w into playing their 'we won the server routine' out earlier than they initially planned. I simply had to imply I know something they don't and say I was going to beat them in WoE, they threw a fit and broke all their own toys. I'm old and tired, I just want to play games for fun. Servers with known RMT admins, an abundance of RMT posts with an RMT guild on them that don't even use some of that money to properly pay content creators they promised money to simply do not deserve to exist. Am I a bad person for that? I don't care, I'm playing WoW discovery now.

If Neko ever reads this; pay your content creators twice what you initially promised. You can easily afford it, they honestly deserve more for eating a hit to their reputation and putting effort into your dumpster fire.

ps I am not good computer, how do I embed images so people not logged in can view my memes? -- click modify your post for answer

:3

dookie booty

Just want to point out that my name is Hong and I was raiding with Xernobog=2k2=Cvantes in ML. (I suspect 2k2=Cvantes)
This guy had a fundamental hatred for p2w which I wasn't able to understand until I saw this thread.

Posting our private group chat only exposes who this person is. I thought he was a cool person with a weird ptsd hatred for p2w but was disappointed to find this post.

This guy is delusional with his crazy accusations. I am ashamed that I have been associating with this psychopath.
I hope he gets some help. Take care all.

2k2

Quote from: dookie booty on Dec 04, 2023, 06:41 PMJust want to point out that my name is Hong and I was raiding with Xernobog=2k2=Cvantes in ML. (I suspect 2k2=Cvantes)
This guy had a fundamental hatred for p2w which I wasn't able to understand until I saw this thread.

Posting our private group chat only exposes who this person is. I thought he was a cool person with a weird ptsd hatred for p2w but was disappointed to find this post.

This guy is delusional with his crazy accusations. I am ashamed that I have been associating with this psychopath.
I hope he gets some help. Take care all.
RMS doesn't allow users to use multiple accounts or ban evasion.

And by "raiding with" and "associating", are you implying we were playing together? I hope you're not implying I played this dumpsterfire? Even though joining the discord server is free and instant, I still didn't had a discord account there after leaving the day before the launch.

As for the rest of this response, it clearly shows you didn't read anything in the thread and probably is just shooting in the dark in the hope of hitting a target, otherwise you'd have realized that I posted an uncensored screenshot including Xernobog in a chat where I got consent to. Also, other than mentioning [GM]Skadi/Peach as a known corrupt GM in the brazillian community and member of p2w, I wasn't firing at this guild at first, so no idea where you're getting the "ptsd hatred" from. I did started to fire at them after it was made clear the staff was working with them.

I welcome the attempt and traction though, thank you.

@EDIT

Just realized. Nice 1 post new account. I wonder from which guild you are. /heh
Find me here:

luckyblackat

I just can't believe yall are grown ups with jobs, life outside of the game and sometimes family/childen, seriously what's wrong with all of you?...

Just look this post and reddit from day one, the server just won the jack-pot of weirdos or maybe that's most of the RO community left, from a team of people doing things from fun to passion in their free time, there was soo much drama everywhere, I would go to sleep everyday and wake to another problem.

There is a bunch of factors that contributed for the server going up and falling, first it was a hella small server, I still think my reddit post might have been a mistake, we got soo many people from it... and we clearly were not ready at all for it, as a first server/experience it was simply too much. The other ones that come to my mind are:

- Internal staff problems, with people that lied and caused soo many problems since the first reddit post, burned bridges with a bunch of other servers/people and now claims it's an inno, when there is more then enough proof on chats about his behavior and literaly other adm/owners confirming that lots of things claimed from other servers is not true, while even after leaving made sure to talk bad stuff to everyone and manipulate people as usual, then try to sue people and act like no problems were his fault, lol.

- Insane people that kept more updated and invested in the server then even myself, checking on it 24/7 for anything to post to talk s*** about the server like his life depends on destroying this server or he is some type of hero, using a bunch of info mixed with misinformation for whatever reason to increase the flame, no really, tons of info you share I still don't get how you would even know or have proof for something like that, like I said before, I was there and I don't even know some details on some things, while using hours and hours to format a post to look prettier then some people that do it as a job (gotta give you that, the posts look hella clean).

- A bunch of fake people that act goodie goodie in paper, but behind the scene are just there to cause chaos, make fun of others, be an a****** in general, but this is a thing for every game/community/people, but still, sucks.

- Lot's of alts and exploiters that just exploit for whatever they want, being it rmt/money/greed, or for fun/chaos, or just to mock the server or destroy it, this week I heard soo many people say "my friend" or that "guildmate" exploited, like, if you gonna protect or hide those friends, this is as bad to me, what's the whole point of the server then, what's the point of YOUR experience and grind, soo weird.

- Multiple adults that can't have a ping of respect for others and act with maturity, being it players dealing with others on fields for silly stuff such as KS, or guilds fighting each other, just grow up, yall look soo stupid cursing and saying soo many terrible things to each other over a 20yo game... While it's natural to have competition and get heated (I played league of masters-grandmaster elo I know very well how people can be heated), banter and rivalry can be fun if controlled, after crossing the line to just humiliation, harass or curses, it become hella lame and just kills competition, instead of being soo radioactive to others, be more humble and positive, that's how you can grow and entice more people to join in, do pvp/woe and have fun, acting the opposite way will just make less and less people interested and more and more of that game aspect will die overtime.

- Greed/RMT/Money, this is the usual things that will never be solved and will always ruins servers, for anyone that bought stuff, was it worth? Did you learn anything? Stop buying things for RMT, you just keep feeding people to live off a 20yo game and help ruin the server/economy, even worse, you make people look for exploits just to sell to people like you, just stop, play for fun if you don't have time play high rate, idk.

- Lack of prep, time and clearly skills from EVERYONE in the staff, being it human skills or game skills, that ended up overun with stress from life, and problems on the server inside and outside, lack or direction and tools to deal, detect and act on the problems as they showed up, lack of people to moderate constantly the server which got even worse as interal drama lead to people leaving, lack of protocols and organization to deal with things, and this is all due to simple lack of experience and from a bunch of casual random folks that tried to group up and make something cool/new for FREE, lack of testing and checklist for things, in conclusion, lack of knowledge/experience.

- The foundation is also to blame, we started this and it was too corporal, too official, from the rules to the communication, we failed on understanding that early due to how the staff worked and was planned, it was clearly a huge mistake, if you are a server/free/friendly and don't have the budget to pay testers/gm/cm no one will have or keep a moral/sanity to work 24/7 on this, soo we should have been more relaxed, been more open, talk to your players, and ban/act more based on common human sense, we tried to find rules for everything, that was a huge shot in the foot, should have just banned/muted and that's it.

- Soo much lack of emphaty from almost EVERYONE here, seriously, you all need therapy and some friends/love in life, and sun, instead of making soo many problems, why don't yall just, talk, literaly we could have done calls, showed more about the team, the server, us, what's going on, instead look at this s*** storm, people exploit, reveal, ruins the server for a bunch of people (not only the "corrupt" staff and the personal vendeta vs p2w), then wonder why people dislike them or they got banned, I have no idea if they exploited, I'm no dev, but you doing it, is the same s***, does not make you a single bit better (does not matter if you played or "helped" people, you are still doing damage as well by exploiting and giving people zenys, even worse because you just treated everyone you "helped" as freaking idiots for trusting you lol, it's really f*** up behavior and hella manipulative) really, when you could just have instead of showing your dupes or whatever, showed their dupes and gotten they banned.

If anything this showed me how bad the bad side of RO can really be, for any future server owners, be aware and use this post to learn, popularity will lead to problems, have proper tools before the server open to deal with things and ask other veteran devs for help or suggestions on what to expect from bugs/exploits and how to deal with them.

But at the same time I had the chance to meet some really cool people and make some awesome friends, enjoy the game, grind with them and have fun, I got the chance to know better a lot of devs/gms/cms from other places and hear their experiences/stories.

I dunno what will happen in the future, while I still hope ML can fix everything and be ready for a relaunch, I personally just gonna keep playing other servers and chilling around while playing other games with friends as I always did, I just think this post has become a negative-poop-trash fiesta and we are at the point people are not even talking about the server, but just free hate on each other, I seriously hope yall can take a break and think of yourselves and others, and try to reach each other and find peace in your lives or something, feels like there is a bunch of things simple unsolved/vendetas, and it's a freaking 20yo game, the community is small, there is no reason to be this fragmented or have this much hate, maybe in another 10-20y when we are all either dead or over 50yo we can have a cool oldgangRO roleplay server where all dedicated ro players will meet and discuss their past history on RO, but in all serious, is there any way to have more love, peace and maturity instead of this?

luckyblackat

Sorry for the language, yall have a good day or something

Orange

Quote from: luckyblackat on Dec 04, 2023, 10:24 PMis there any way to have more love, peace and maturity instead of this?

Maybe give banning slur users a try next time? Just a thought.

There's other servers with a good environment, 3-4x the playerbase you guys had at peak and 95% less rmt happening. This is the environment YOU personally cultivated, more than any single person you were the one encouraging and facilitating everything. Sure Neko is more to blame but you aided him in pulling off the "innocent absent developer" look, spent a month telling everyone "We are giving slur users their 80th chance in the name of fairness" and are now here today saying "i cannot believe the community is this toxic and did this to us." Have you ever self reflected? The irony I know but like cmon stop the grandstanding

I would have stopped commenting pages ago about this server but its very clear that you guys are setting up for a version 2 where the same things will happen.

Predators.
:3

Devastate

Stand for something or fall for anything, I guess.

I tend to vote in favor of removing headache players. They're not good for staff stamina.

2k2

As I promised, the VOD with twitch chat of the beginning of his livestream until the time they stopped discussing about Midgard Legends:

https://youtu.be/bXsLuEKNTrY - 3:09:54 total time, I didn't record the rest of the stream (over 7 total hours) as they weren't discussing or revealing anything about Midgard Legends anymore.
SOURCE: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1995028525

Bear in mind nothing there is in english, so you better ask someone to translate everything for you; but TLDR: streamer was frustrated with the situation, the other streamers were frustrated with the situation (especially the staff and how they scammed them), the chat had been asking and discussing RMT and all the corruption that happened there, especially regarding why no p2w members had ever been banned despite breaking rules since Beta Test, Loki/Rebelo nonstop firing at the server/staff while revealing A LOT of stuff of internal stuff/drama/corruption that only an ADM/staff would be able to know.
Find me here: