Make Yrvine Come Out of Retirement

Started by Emcee, Jan 25, 2019, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emcee

RE: Make Yrvine Come Out of Retirement

Yrvine has been gone for a while that made RO Lifeless. Yrvine needs to make a come back and make RO Great Again.
There was nothing wrong with his Servers, He is not corrupt. The only problem was closing server but that happens all the time.

RO Scene needs his server to be great again so pls Mr. Yrvine, Come out of Retirement!

+1 this post

frenchbaguettey

its okay ill share his secret recipe so people can follow his footsteps if he has so many admirers

1. buy some stable server files that has minimal bugs. its okay, just a 1 time purchase
2. hype up a new server with postings of a mid rate & create a facebook page
        NO FORUMS/discord ALLOWED because you can get fake facebook likes but harder to make fake forum accounts
4. get about 100-200 initial players
5. fill 200-300 bots on unknown map, make sure to disable CP
6. advertise server more since you have 500+ population so the hype is def real
7. get about 100 more players because people who initially came telling their friends this server is lit because of high population.
8. add some donations of some high tier headgears, but make sure to make it obtainable very slowly from playing BG because people dont like p2w
9. setup afk char of single GM sitting in town because people think they are active
10. sit back and relax but ban people doubting server population
11. if doubt is rising exponentially, close server and repeat steps 2-11

Inochi

remind me who this is again and why i should despise him
<3

Nitrous

You don't even have to put bots on the server, just change the value of /who before the server sends it.

Styx

Quote from: frenchbaguettey on Jan 26, 2019, 10:57 AM
its okay ill share his secret recipe so people can follow his footsteps if he has so many admirers

1. buy some stable server files that has minimal bugs. its okay, just a 1 time purchase

I am afraid he had his own configuration, different from the default Hercules or Rathena servers. It was always the same and from player point of view it did run smooth and gave a much better feeling of original circumstances.

2. hype up a new server with postings of a mid rate & create a facebook page NO FORUMS/discord ALLOWED because you can get fake facebook likes but harder to make fake forum accounts

Can't remember anything else that he always had a forum and was reachable even 1:1.

4. get about 100-200 initial players

Yes, I think he did start with 200 players in base but they were not really there. That was not really a good thing.

5. fill 200-300 bots on unknown map, make sure to disable CP

Never seen 200-300 bots on his server, some bots might have been present though, as on any Ro server but certainly not that amount. I would have seen and met them ingame.

6. advertise server more since you have 500+ population so the hype is def real

He probably did that but who didn't?

7. get about 100 more players because people who initially came telling their friends this server is lit because of high population.

That is up to discus indeed but he achieved it nevertheless and that says something also about all other servers around.

8. add some donations of some high tier headgears, but make sure to make it obtainable very slowly from playing BG because people dont like p2w

Yes, he shouldn't have done that but the real problem here were the BG scripters were getting it all very fast and for free and his real donators got pissed off from it.

9. setup afk char of single GM sitting in town because people think they are active

He was active sometimes but I agree you don't set an AFK GM char in main town, bad idea.

10. sit back and relax but ban people doubting server population

That wouldn't be good indeed but so far I know he mainly banned BG scripters, poisening his server.

11. if doubt is rising exponentially, close server and repeat steps 2-11

Yes, he did that but when your server is poisened by the toxic current elite, what else can you do? The average regular player and donator already left the building and all left was a demanding toxic population who did donate anything at all.

So yes, we were hoping he would open another server where we could have fun for some months till it was eventually poisened enough to close again. Sure Yrvine is a person to discuss but he had at least some ethic approach many servers don't even understand. He was more there for the average player then the spoiled elite.

PrinceLeon

He isn't corrupt because it was never proven but the toxic rumors revolving him did not help at all. It's sad that the best ones are always unavailable.

sufiasri

I cant believe that I just read this today.  /omg

But yeah. I totally agreed that he need to come back. I missed his server and I have fun playing there. I do think his server is balance and exciting!  /no1

I have read bad thing about him but I just silent because I did not really understand what is really happened and why people saying such thing. Is it really true that he is a scammer or people just get jealous. Well, whatever... I dont have any complain about that.

I have same request as well. Please come back to delight my day again even it just for few months.  /kis

frenchbaguettey

Quote from: PrinceLeon on Jun 02, 2019, 12:21 PM
He isn't corrupt because it was never proven but the toxic rumors revolving him did not help at all. It's sad that the best ones are always unavailable.

his latest scam was zyrus-ro. disappeared within 1 month without notice.

Styx

There was no proof this was really Yrvine, it doesn't match with the pattern, just 1 month doesn't compare at all. Probably he sold what he got and now you have to deal with real scammers.