LR / MR Most Wanted.

Started by Yomi, Sep 12, 2010, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yomi

^ Interesting Weapon Ideas .. Weapons for some builds that used for economies eh? Very interesting ..

PM'd Tom~ Yusifer and Kuprin for a quick look of my LR/MR overview :)
[color=green]A New Genre of [color=orange]Ragnarok Gaming[/color] Experience.[/color]
[color=red]Coming Soon.[/color]

ShapeShift

Yeah LW/MR for me is something that is like the offical server with a few customized things such as healer warper, decarder ect.

Yomi

I really had to doubt of giving extra rates for cards .. I mean even I might choose the path of MR, I might really choose having a card drop to default. Do you think it'll worth it? or might make people just say 'no-no' to the server card drops reason.
[color=green]A New Genre of [color=orange]Ragnarok Gaming[/color] Experience.[/color]

Kuprin

I don't see why most people would have a problem with cards dropping at the normal rate. The recent "extra rare card drop" servers, from what I have seen, have mostly been empty.
Embrace the invigorating spirit of sport! Come, fight me!

Yomi

^
I notice recently from 2-3 servers that has a lower card drops. People's are easily annoyed because they can't the card that they're hunting for days-weeks~ and some are months ;o Might be the reason why most people would have a problem with the default card dropping rates.

Derpityderp

Staff that doesn't blindly add and follow what Gravity s*** on their plate and actually tries to balance the game.

Yomi

^
So that's what you think most people wants in LR/MR?

--

Edit/Added: Do you think Removal of MVP Cards would be good for a LR server?

uncelebrated

Good population really makes a server, no matter what the rates are.
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

Regz

- First of all: NO overpowering donations. Whenever I see a server that has $20 silver neo refined valkyrie helm that gives +30 to all stats and +30% damage to demihuman, I turn away.
- NO donations that are unobtainable in-game. As said before, bloody branches shouldn't be in credit/donation shop as they unbalance the MVP part of the game and thus affect economy. They should only be used as prizes in events.
- NO wings. Not any kind.
- Item disguisers are welcomed. Let's see, you have an ulle that looks like a pile of crap and you prefer a captain's hat. So for voting points or whatever, you can change it to look like the hat you want, preserving the original stat bonuses. Or optionally you could have custom quests for hats that don't have official quests yet.
- @Commands shouldn't be any of that "premium account" crap. I seriously don't want to pay to use @mi or @ii or @whosells or @vpoint.
- Rates should be from 40/40/20 to 300/300/100. (MVP cards should be set to 0.01 though)
- NPCs: Stylist, job master, stat/skill resetter, healer, warper (town and dungeon)
- NO MVP area. Or you can have one "for fun", like MVPs that don't give exp or items.
- Events that keep the game fresh.

Does anyone know a server that has these features? Ever since my old one closed down I can't find a decent one to play on.

kyle2009178

I 1000000000% agree with Yusifer and her thoughts.

But sad reality NOBODY and i mean NOBODY *EVER EVER EVER* Makes a server like that.

all these idiodic Admins who can't script, who arn't active, who are in it for the money, who lack funding, Who can afford a host, Do not know how to even play RO.( This is 98% of RO Servers these days) This is why RO  Players go from server to server, never or rarely able to find there ideal server.

Yuisifer, Your ideas are great and amazing, but without a Admin and Staff who know what they are doing, care about the players, are active, who know how to script, who can afford a server for a good while without donation income. (This kind of server will NEVER be available.

Another sad Fact about RO these days this is not racism and i'm not trying to be one but, The good servers attract Pinoys and Pinoys always drive people away from servers. They are nasty rude and care little about peoples feelings. So when people join a server and see all this Tagalog chat *It's easy to spot* there like "Omg i'm leaving" Truth is NOBODY likes being harassed on games lol and that what the vast majority of pinoys do, and the ones that are not nasty are just plain enoying as hell.

So yeh and then theres people like me LOL ^_^ who are tired of all the BULL on ro these days and having nothing better to do then be a "Downer" lol

Mystral

^
Agreed on some. However on your racism part, it's really on how the server owner handles his/her server. I can barely knew some successful server who have pinoy administrators. However, might be a reality that some people doesn't like a certain race, and then go however some might stay because of the Server itself and not because of the people who plays on it.

MeowyMeow

Quote from: uncelebrated on Sep 29, 2010, 06:01 PM
Good population really makes a server, no matter what the rates are.

You can't be more wrong than that.

Look at EssenceRO, they have a huge pop. Just look at the most recent server review on RMS forums. It gives you a clear overhaul of what's "EssenceRO" really about. High pop, corrupt staff, who cares?

Mystral

@topic

1. Good Population
2. Stable.
3. Features (Including everything in game, client~ quest~) Well everyone has different 'likes' on a server features.
4. Professional Staffs. I mean, Real Professional and knows what they do.

MeowyMeow

Quote from: Yomi on Sep 20, 2010, 06:07 AM
^

--

Well, removing MvP cards, wouldn't be necessary. IF you have the drop rates of MvP cards set at 0.01, it'll take sometime for people to actually obtain one.

@topic

1. Good Population
2. Stable.
3. Features (Including everything in game, client~ quest~) Well everyone has different 'likes' on a server features.
4. Professional Staffs. I mean, Real Professional and knows what they do.

Pretty much number 3 and 4.

Features, that actually stand out from different lowrates, and that what makes your server special. And professional and mature staff. Instead of banning off trolls/flamers, learn to deal with them.

Lastly, imo, if you really wanna stand out, on a lowrate, have a big percentage focus on WoE. Look, just to list some examples, eRO used to be one of the better lowrates with a good WoE scene, along with Destina/Legacy. If you can match up with PvM/MvP/BG/PVP/WoE, pretty sure you can stand out. It's not easy, but just an idea for you.

Derpityderp

Quote from: Yomi on Sep 20, 2010, 06:07 AM
^

--

I guess so, not all of them but just the gamebreaking ones (gtb, samurai, etc), or just reducing their effects.

What i don't like is when even though the drop rate for normal cards is boosted (which is a good thing), "boss" cards remain with the original rate and while that's fine by itself, the problem is that it includes ALL mini/boss cards, i fail to see how "for fun" cards should have the same droprate as stuff like gtb.