Legacy RO

Started by Rudolph Zyaber, Sep 16, 2008, 09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph Zyaber

Ok, I don't see any topics when I search legacy, aside from ones talking about server seeking.

So if there is a thread, move or merge this one to it.  However if there isn't and I'm breaking some kinda taboo or something here, lemme know and I will request the thread deleted or something.

Anyway....

What the heck happened to Legacy RO and why did it close down?  I can't seem to find the right reason on their forums (because it's filled with elitist a******) and the GMs don't seem to want to share much info either.

Can I get a proper response or link to why?

I don't even really play there, I just wanted to know what happened.
Bleh

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

I'm curious myself. I know they had like three wipes, but on 10x that's a minor inconvenience...

Kasumi

I don't know, but I know a lot of LegacyRO people joined RetRO.

I was browsing their forums and the Admin/GM person just said "And that's how the cookie crumbles", or something. I want to know too.

LetsHaveJuice

To sum it all up, RO is a relatively old and boring game and Itakou got bored of it.

well he said this:

but then he said this so i was kinda confused:

either way i'm glad i emptied my screen shot folder out the day before that XDD
cause i took like 150 of them that day XD

PS: no one must know my secret char name >.>

lrellok

wow,  pity, it looks like they actually had a decent population to. 
The most dangerous thing a GM can do is to play NPC combatants as if they have brains, goals, and the desire to remain alive.
-Abulafia from WOTC boards

I have not failed, I have simply found 10,000 ways that don't work. -Thomas Edison

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Well that was true, the community was pretty much a race to the title of a biggest f***.

Rudolph Zyaber

yeah see that is the kinda stuff I'm talking about.  He says random crap like that on the forums too and doesn't give a clear and concise answer to why he shut the thing down.  Sure the game is boring and old, but he obviously had a large player base that some other GM could have taken over and supervised financially and administratively, unless the rest of the GM team felt the exact same way and just wanted to let the darn thing die.

Something had to come up for this to have happened.
Bleh

Zockerking

I guess he has earned enough money with his server (yes I'm serious) and is now concentrating on real life.

Pandora

It's really unprofessional towards his player base u_u
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Whistler

I played on v2 of Legacy and left before the 2nd wipe.  Over the last several months I've somewhat followed the forums there, and it seems that Itakou just got bored of being a GM.  Some players seemed to think it's because there were criticisms of his GMing, and they believe he retired because he was tired of that criticism.  He didn't say anything about that, though.

If I had to guess, I'd say he got tired of Legacy's reputation.  On the other servers I've played on, Legacy had a reputation for being something of a joke after v2.  The donations became controversial, the sheer number of wipes were constantly mocked... one wipe was apparently caused by a security breach using Itakou's own login/pw information to create and distribute items.  On other servers, people who still played on Legacy were considered silly or stupid for staying on a server that was guaranteed to wipe about every 4 months or so.

Itakou also seems to have a detached and grandiose attitude towards everything.  He often claims that he had the biggest private server ever in existence, and that it is an incredible accomplishment (or something to that effect).  Apparently, he believes this makes up for the constant wipes and other problems.

I'm not really sure, but I heard a rumor that he is anonymously starting a lowrate, as the head GM, under a different name.  I'm not sure if the rumor is true, though.

Winnin813

Quote from: Whistler on Sep 17, 2008, 04:51 PM
I played on v2 of Legacy and left before the 2nd wipe.  Over the last several months I've somewhat followed the forums there, and it seems that Itakou just got bored of being a GM.  Some players seemed to think it's because there were criticisms of his GMing, and they believe he retired because he was tired of that criticism.  He didn't say anything about that, though.

If I had to guess, I'd say he got tired of Legacy's reputation.  On the other servers I've played on, Legacy had a reputation for being something of a joke after v2.  The donations became controversial, the sheer number of wipes were constantly mocked... one wipe was apparently caused by a security breach using Itakou's own login/pw information to create and distribute items.  On other servers, people who still played on Legacy were considered silly or stupid for staying on a server that was guaranteed to wipe about every 4 months or so.

Itakou also seems to have a detached and grandiose attitude towards everything.  He often claims that he had the biggest private server ever in existence, and that it is an incredible accomplishment (or something to that effect).  Apparently, he believes this makes up for the constant wipes and other problems.

I'm not really sure, but I heard a rumor that he is anonymously starting a lowrate, as the head GM, under a different name.  I'm not sure if the rumor is true, though.

EuphRO set the record didn't they? I think back around 4 years ago EuphRO (old) had a WoE where their 3/3/2 had over 3500 people online.

If you count servers that had sub servers, then obviously the record does not stand. But for a single server, I was almost sure that EuphRO set it higher then Legacy. Especially consider how immensely huge the privateRO community was back then.

Zockerking

The record was set by helmchenRO, which is now euRO.

They had over 5000 players online.

Zone

I know JJJ's secret character's name /gg

Quote from: Zone on Sep 18, 2008, 11:05 PM
I know JJJ's secret character's name /gg
you shhhhh
sides i have 7 secret character names

anyway isn't this topic about legacy?

either way i still think its a shame cause now everyone has to move again which... just stinks ={