is this a P2W server?

Started by asmrislife, Jun 29, 2021, 10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asmrislife

so im was planning to join a server(EpicRO) and was playing their beta and i checked their donation items and this is one of the bundle rewards for donating

take note that this is a mid rate 100x100x10 server (x10 only for droprate)

those items that you're not familiar with,(spoiler alert!!!) they are all freaking OP too

but the server's admin and staffs swear to God that their server is not P2W cuz they said non-donators can farm lmao

so i kept telling them that their server is P2W and these are their responses

Lai

Yes it is. Topic closed.

Offtopic:
Almost all servers with donation items in 1 way or another way can be classed as P2W.
It all depends on how sensitive the person who plays sees it.

If the admin of this server reads:
A tips, just don't mention or just admit P2W, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong being a P2W server in 2021.

Admit it proudly, and this kind of topics won't exists, since you admit it already <3

When people ask me, is your server P2W, I say loudly: YES!
Good luck.

Neffletics

When the rewards boost your damage or resistance in any way, that's already pay-to-win.
solacero rip

Shuchou

Yeah that's pretty pay to win if you ask me  /... But nothing would be wrong with it if they straight up would own up to it.

Beyond Antartica

For me, p2w means only donators has access to end game gears. And non donors cannot have those gears unless they pay. Not saying its the actual definition of p2w, but that's just how i view it. On my current server, every important item is obtainable in game.

If u donate, you can get that item the next day, if u can't donate, just grind in a matter of weeks, u can get the exact item as well. Only difference is time.

Nekoruchii

Ayuda box lmfao.
Obvious that server is gonna close within months.
Better find a new one. Other servers should be worth of your time.

MikuDaisuki

I saw this post and I instantly created an account to reply here because I know the admins on that server and I tried to play their high rate server. Which is they have a good community and a good contents. That high rate has a donators but it seems we free to play players can catch up and kill those donators. So I do trust them here in this new server because they already proven that they are not scammers and will not close for months. Because if they just want money that high rate will be not active until today which they will celebrate their 1st anniversary.

And I do find pay to win server that has an exclusive items that only donators can have it but it seems even Free to play players can achieve those donation gears here. Donators can get items easily but free to play players will have more time to grind and quest but I do find it more worth it.

Wosi2

Yes. This is a pay2win server.

InsomniacTV

Quote from: Beyond Antartica on Jun 30, 2021, 07:21 AM
For me, p2w means only donators has access to end game gears. And non donors cannot have those gears unless they pay. Not saying its the actual definition of p2w, but that's just how i view it. On my current server, every important item is obtainable in game.

If u donate, you can get that item the next day, if u can't donate, just grind in a matter of weeks, u can get the exact item as well. Only difference is time.
Its still pay2win if the items give advantages even if you can still get them in-game. It devalues the in-game ones.