iRO Classic

Started by Buckyx, Jul 05, 2012, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triper

Open the folder where you installed the iRO client and search for Classic RO.exe.
Open that and have fun, that's the client that you should use to play the pre-renewal.
I warn you that it uses the pre-historical client of pre-renewal, the one without the features of Renewal like 2 enters = cya chat mode and enter bm mode.

Malarija

i know i was ingame :o

but meh, far too much lag to play
sucks, will try later to see if it's better

Usagimimi

I don't have any lag. That sucks :\ Only time I have lag is when I use my baby PC because it's not too powerful..

Viridithon

I don't mind the 1/1 rates, but the 3% death penalty is a major turn off. I don't want to be in some party and lose all the exp I gained because the aco/priest lagged.

Jake

An interesting article I found on the internet:
Why The Cash Shop Is Ruining RO

yC

Jake, interesting article indeed.  Things are in theory backed by handpicked stats.  I know the Japanese holds the key to revenue and that's nothing bad because the Japanese RO servers are one of the most well-run compare to those on other continents.  About the cash shop vs the subscription base I believe cash shop help to keep the game going.  People playing a few games at once can't possibly pay subscription for all their games and that is how the competitive world changed the battlefield for Gravity.  They are just adapting to the new world and yea there is 0% chance the cash shop will be out.  Of course the reason has to do with revenue and keeping the company alive, Gravity is a publicly traded company in the Nasdaq, everything they do has to be responsible to their shareholders.  It's like Gravity / Maple Story owner / WoW owner etc should pour hot burning oil into each other, that is the real world.  No doubt about it.

A second look at the stats, the 2011 figure seems to be off.  According to their nasdaq filiing http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/grvy/stock-report their 2011 net income is 13 millions not 3 millions.  As for 2012 in Q1 I already posted somewhere in the off-topic section that they made barely a million (US).  Another news I heard is Gravity is moving into the Facebook gaming field?  That could boost their revenue and dependent on Ragnarok if executed successfully.

I am wondering where is RO2 coming into their revenue picture.  No news of that whatsoever ...

^ kinda off topic lol.

Okay regarding this iRO classic, I started because Yus was pushing me to play and then now I stopped for like 2 weeks because Yus have been very busy too bad I don't feel like "leaving her behind" since she should be in higher level to help me not the other way around.

Actually, I am so disappointed when I find out there is no level 1 heal cash shop headgear ... *words of master card ads come to mind* ...

Nano

I couldn't party anywhere with my battle aco, had to make it to 65/50 on wolves :/

And yes, it's full of bots, but sleepers are clean.

Come join in the fun!

Triper

I didn't play much but doesn't seem bad from what I saw. Just couldn't get used to the old client ... I think I'm just too used to new stuff to the point that old stuff are like that ... old lol

Side Note to who knows to who I'm talking to:
Quote from: Riotblade on Jun 10, 2006, 09:30 PM
-Do not flame. Try to keep a well mannered debate if it leads to that.

iScreem

bots>all in iRo classic ... i hate this  /wah

Rhaeselon

The economy on the classic server already seems to be messed up. 29 - 35mil for a Marc card seems kinda ridiculous. I stopped playing a few weeks before the massive inflation, but from what some of my guild members have told me, this was due largely in part to a certain item being available in the cash shop that could be sold to an NPC for about 450k apiece, so people were essentially buying zeny. Also, some of the old bugs are still present, from my understanding, like the messed up formula for Steal, and don't even get me started on how the position lag is often worse than on most private servers (not to mention the lack of @refresh; disabling the nagle algorithm does not completely alleviate this problem). I'm glad I stopped playing when I did.

yC

Aww Rhaeselon is it that bad?  In a sense cash shop for zeny is better than bots make tons of zeny then spam the hell out of public chat to make ppl buy zeny from third party.

Sad to hear the economy is already destroyed in just 2 months, my 16k zeny is more useless than I thought.  I still try to get back to it, if time permits.

Intricate

I come from PronteraRO , free official in Asia.

I think the only players left are bots trying to squeeze out any third party trades they can.