Insulting Servers You Play On

Started by Guest, Oct 19, 2008, 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okay, so why is it that on just about every server you go to you have these seemingly hatred fueled people that just want to kill the image of the server and watch it crash and burn. But, these players still play on that server and they participate in events, in war of emperium,  and etc. So why is it that these players play on the server, yet do just about everything in their power to kill it? So I just fail to understand that, you play there, you have gears there, you have money there, you have friends there, you have characters there, yet you want to kill it?

So just in case you guys  don't understand what I mean here's an example:

A player is on a server, he has a level 97 Whitesmith, and over 15 million zeny to his name, he is fully geared for war of emperium, and has more pots then he'll ever need. Then he repeatedly goes to other places, like the server's forums, and RMS, and creates posts that are meant to be nothing more then harmful, he also goes on alt characters to do things like spam in Prontera, and WPE drop arrows and other annoying acts, he also tells new players to leave, in a not so kind manner and he insults just about everyone. But here's the thing, he still plays there everyday, with his friends and his guild, yet everyday he does everything in his power to hurt the server.

So can someone explain why some people feel the need to do this?

Oh, and the "He's trying to change the server" excuse doesn't work, because he's willing to state that he just wants the place to die

Auroraâ„¢

Quite honestly, I don't think there's any real excuse someone can give, that's legitimate, that can explain why they would do things such as this.

I think the only real way it can be explained is ignorance. I've seen a lot of people like this say "It's for the better of the server" or "I'm just doing it because there's so much corruption, and because I care so much, I have to do this." It's just excuses that they give to try and justify the fact that they're not acting any better than anyone that really is corrupt on whatever server they're playing on. What they fail to realize is, that, by doing said things, they're acting exactly the same way that the people they claim to dislike acts, and they're killing off the server moreso than said person(s). So, instead of just leaving, and being the bigger man, they decide to egg on the corruption they're claiming is bad, and antagonize the server they claim to care about.

That's really the only answer I can give; ignorance. x_o;

» Coming Soon! «

Hutchy

People like to start and perpetuate drama. It's the internet, and most of the people QQing here are like... fourteen years old. I don't get it either - you'd think they would just leave. Some people stay because they spent money BEFORE their server went downhill, and that I understand. A lot of people are also really eager to cry "corruption" at any little thing that happens to them (losing a castle in woe, their own computer lagging), so I'd say at least half of the bad reviews of servers are grossly exaggerated. Hell, a lot are written out of spite and are fake, too. :\

I personally have stayed on servers I've been unhappy with only because it was an "interim period" server until I found somewhere better.

Descent

Quote from: JJJ on Oct 19, 2008, 02:59 PM
Okay, so why is it that on just about every server you go to you have these seemingly hatred fueled people that just want to kill the image of the server and watch it crash and burn. But, these players still play on that server and they participate in events, in war of emperium,  and etc. So why is it that these players play on the server, yet do just about everything in their power to kill it? So I just fail to understand that, you play there, you have gears there, you have money there, you have friends there, you have characters there, yet you want to kill it?

So just in case you guys  don't understand what I mean here's an example:

A player is on a server, he has a level 97 Whitesmith, and over 15 million zeny to his name, he is fully geared for war of emperium, and has more pots then he'll ever need. Then he repeatedly goes to other places, like the server's forums, and RMS, and creates posts that are meant to be nothing more then harmful, he also goes on alt characters to do things like spam in Prontera, and WPE drop arrows and other annoying acts, he also tells new players to leave, in a not so kind manner and he insults just about everyone. But here's the thing, he still plays there everyday, with his friends and his guild, yet everyday he does everything in his power to hurt the server.

So can someone explain why some people feel the need to do this?

Oh, and the "He's trying to change the server" excuse doesn't work, because he's willing to state that he just wants the place to die

Eh. Dunno. There is a player on FaithRO forums right now who has "stupid american server with stupid american players" in every one of his posts, yet he insists on playing.

Usually donations will keep a player around, especially if it's a substantial amount. I can also recall another player(also from FaithRO) named "Dvil", who apparently hated the staff, hated most of the players, hell, just hated the entire server, and was given every opportunity to just pack up and go without drama: instead, he turned around and kept screaming corruption every time his guild lost a castle, every time he got jailed(which, he earned, by the way, nobody jailed him for no reason), every time a post got deleted...

...eventually he just used racism and got permanently banned from the server and forums. *shrug* Troublemakers get a sick sense of accomplishment from ruining people's days, I guess that's their motivation?

laoganma

Quote from: JJJ on Oct 19, 2008, 02:59 PM
he also goes on alt characters to do things like spam in Prontera, and WPE drop arrows and other annoying acts, he also tells new players to leave, in a not so kind manner and he insults just about everyone.

if he uses WPE then he deserves an IP ban and be gone from the server forever, with evidence of course.
Quote from: LaoganmaLover
Lao, you are so cool!!! i beg you, please take all my zennies!!

Lao!! i wish i could give you +1 every second!! *cries*

omg Lao, your posts are awesome, ignore those internet bullies.

Hutchy

No kidding, but JJJ was asking why people bother to stay on servers they don't like.

laoganma

if u use WPE clearly u just wanna ruin the server for every1.

spam less please Dx
or you'll break my heart
x3 anyway, so everyone does this, i mean they play on servers endlessly just to insult them

i just don't get humans........
>.< wish someone could easily explain it to me =X

btw, failure to ban cause he uses a proxy server <3~
but everyone knows its him, and he'll admit to it

Descent

Quote from: JJJ on Oct 19, 2008, 08:29 PM
spam less please Dx
or you'll break my heart
x3 anyway, so everyone does this, i mean they play on servers endlessly just to insult them

i just don't get humans........
>.< wish someone could easily explain it to me =X

btw, failure to ban cause he uses a proxy server <3~
but everyone knows its him, and he'll admit to it

Is his name "Erwin12" or "s r e w" by any chance?

x3 not saying any names on purpose here, cause that'd just be mean
but no thats not his name

DragonHero

Psst! Some people today are just plain nuts! Lol!
Come and play RuthlessRO! Its my new server! And i am trying to make it fun! To find my server just click the link under the image below!

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=4347&url_sname=RuthlessRO

Descent

Quote from: JJJ on Oct 19, 2008, 08:41 PM
x3 not saying any names on purpose here, cause that'd just be mean
but no thats not his name

Haha, it's cool. Just wanted to see if the guy may have migrated away from the server I was having trouble with him on.

Back on topic: I guess the sad realization is that there are literally thousands of Private RO Servers out there. If these types of people get their jollies screwing around with others and get banned, they can always find another server to infest.

laoganma

honestly i dont think this kind of person exist at all, few things that dont make sense to me...

why would he spend so much time into grinding a whitesmith to lvl 97  and have over 15m zenny (assuming its a low rate server) and then try to kill the server (assuming there is no corruption whatsoever) by using WPE and tell people to leave?

the fact that he spent the time on his whitesmith already tells us that he at least likes the server...

tho it will be completely diff story if the GMs corrupt.

Auroraâ„¢

I've come across plenty of people like that.

» Coming Soon! «

Quote from: laoganma on Oct 19, 2008, 10:09 PM
honestly i dont think this kind of person exist at all, few things that dont make sense to me...

why would he spend so much time into grinding a whitesmith to lvl 97  and have over 15m zenny (assuming its a low rate server) and then try to kill the server (assuming there is no corruption whatsoever) by using WPE and tell people to leave?

the fact that he spent the time on his whitesmith already tells us that he at least likes the server...

tho it will be completely diff story if the GMs corrupt.

thus the point of this topic
and hes not trying to kill it for any reason, i've talked lots with him, and his whole reason is "i'm bored"