Input

Started by Myteriouss, Dec 23, 2011, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myteriouss

Hey rms community :)! Many of you don't know me but I don't make myself noticeable in RMS.. mainly rAthena and eAthena xD!

Anyways, I need a little input from everyone.

What does everyone think of a server with:

• (Hybrid Midrat/Highrate) Rates |150x-200x Base | 160x Job
  • Drop Rates: 10x-50x
  • Other Drop Rates: Default
  • Max Levels: Trans: 255 | Job: 100
  • Max Stats: Trans: 170 | Babies: 175
  • Max ASPD: 195
  • Super Novice & Super Baby Levels: Base: 255 | Job: 108
  • Pre-Renewal | No renewal mechanics: stats, mob stats, etc.
  • No Third Jobs
  • Implemented current kRO Episodes: 14.1 with mobs, maps, and quests
  • Unique Warping System
  • Instance Systems | Endless Tower & Sacred
+more
*Not gonna give everything away

So, comments? :D

crysiscore3

With max level at 255 and only 150x do you intend to make some custom mobs? Killing Skogul and Frus is going to get very, very old otherwise.

Don't forget to set quest exp up accordingly. Nothing I hate more than mid-rate servers with 1x quest exp  :'(

Do tell more about this "unique warping system". It interests me.
Thinking of making your own RO PServer?
Read this first.

Myteriouss

Quote from: crysiscore3 on Dec 23, 2011, 09:29 PM
With max level at 255 and only 150x do you intend to make some custom mobs? Killing Skogul and Frus is going to get very, very old otherwise.

Don't forget to set quest exp up accordingly. Nothing I hate more than mid-rate servers with 1x quest exp  :'(

Do tell more about this "unique warping system". It interests me.
Of course young one <3 !

I will have Quest NPCs that players can do. Some quests you can do multiple times (Twice a day with 12 hour waiting period, to avoid spam) and some once in your account-life span while giving a bigger amount of exp. However, you're gonna have to work for it.

As for the Warping system, it's set up where you gotta move your Pixelated legs. :D

Basically, theres a warper outside of Every dungeon, in Every Town, etc. Now, in order to get to different towns / dungeons, you either gotta A) Walk to your destination B) Use the Kafra Service C) Use Airship and D) Use the boats.

Now, once you get to your destination, you MUST click on the warper located in the town or right outside the dungeon entrance. Thus, once you click on the Warper, your Dungeon/Town will then be saved (account based) and you no longer gotta walk, etc. to that destination. However, some dungeons cost Zeny same with going to Towns (Main town should be free).

After, the places you saved in your Warper, you can then share your locations with other players VIA Party xD

Lysander

The rates you want don't correlate to the warping system you want. HR players like being spoon-fed and want every convenience possible, whereas your warping system requires work. Not to say either in itself is bad, but combined, I think you'd have a rather irritated community. I own a LR with exactly that warping system and even some of them find it tedious at times.

Also, you're going to have to rebalance quite a bit if you want a HR 255 pre-renewal. The game mechanics aren't meant to work easily at that point. But if you want it to be a highly custom server, go for it. You'll be competing with old servers such as RebirthRO though, so I can't say there's much of a market for them at the moment.

Myteriouss

Quote from: Lysander on Dec 23, 2011, 10:03 PM
The rates you want don't correlate to the warping system you want. HR players like being spoon-fed and want every convenience possible, whereas your warping system requires work. Not to say either in itself is bad, but combined, I think you'd have a rather irritated community. I own a LR with exactly that warping system and even some of them find it tedious at times.

Also, you're going to have to rebalance quite a bit if you want a HR 255 pre-renewal. The game mechanics aren't meant to work easily at that point. But if you want it to be a highly custom server, go for it. You'll be competing with old servers such as RebirthRO though, so I can't say there's much of a market for them at the moment.
I've actually seen pre-renewal game mechanics work good in a mid/hr server. You can't really *balance* a server right away unless you see things going a certain way yourself. Warping system doesn't really require that much work since there's other services that help you get to places. iRO never had a one-shot warper before lol.

raphael.cruger

The rates seem like a mid rate anyway when you take the max level 255 in to account. Also the drop rates 10x-50x make for more gear farming than leveling which is nice since ideally you want to obtain yr gears and levels at the same pace. So in such a case a save system makes sense. Its not unique though :P, but either way I like it more than either being spoon fed or walking every time. And yea the medium rates do seem odd for a no third job non renewal server.

Triper

Quote from: Lysander on Dec 23, 2011, 10:03 PM
You'll be competing with old servers such as RebirthRO though, so I can't say there's much of a market for them at the moment.
The problem with those servers is that they're pay2win and people who pay won't change servers lol
Make it not pay2win, give diversity in ways to lv, a different gameplay as adapt the mvps and the other monsters to the rates and balance nerf some stuff as asura[lol], give stuff to do that aren't simply a copy from another game or something already scripted and you can at least see people try the server to see if there is fun in there and if they like it, they will stay.

About your server concept based on what you say -  it isn't nothing that wasn't done already, seems just another copy of many other servers tbh aka nothing special, next.

Myteriouss

Quote from: raphael.cruger on Dec 23, 2011, 11:38 PM
The rates seem like a mid rate anyway when you take the max level 255 in to account. Also the drop rates 10x-50x make for more gear farming than leveling which is nice since ideally you want to obtain yr gears and levels at the same pace. So in such a case a save system makes sense. Its not unique though :P, but either way I like it more than either being spoon fed or walking every time. And yea the medium rates do seem odd for a no third job non renewal server.
Well I haven't found many servers using such a system before lol.. All they use nowadays is instant warper.. So meh.

Quote from: Triper on Dec 24, 2011, 01:43 AM
The problem with those servers is that they're pay2win and people who pay won't change servers lol
Make it not pay2win, give diversity in ways to lv, a different gameplay as adapt the mvps and the other monsters to the rates and balance nerf some stuff as asura[lol], give stuff to do that aren't simply a copy from another game or something already scripted and you can at least see people try the server to see if there is fun in there and if they like it, they will stay.

About your server concept based on what you say -  it isn't nothing that wasn't done already, seems just another copy of many other servers tbh aka nothing special, next.
Wasn't done already, I understand that but how many servers are still up with it? There are not many servers out there that a both midrate and high rate combined. Plus if they are, many are not pre-renewal. Well like I said, I'm not telling everyone what is coming only really when I get my website up lol (just forums)

raphael.cruger

My server has it lol. Along with a newbie quest to unlock the common ones too and give other rewards. :P

Triper

Quote from: Myteriouss on Dec 24, 2011, 02:42 PM
Wasn't done already, I understand that but how many servers are still up with it? There are not many servers out there that a both midrate and high rate combined. Plus if they are, many are not pre-renewal. Well like I said, I'm not telling everyone what is coming only really when I get my website up lol (just forums)
I think you missed some words because I said that it was already done in lots of ways before and some of them I even played and one of them is even talked about in this topic and it will be your numero uno adversary - RebirthRO, their Loki server is a mid rate in the rates but inside it fits perfectly a high rate seeing how easy is to get every single stuff with real money and how stupid are most of their customs.

And based on the data you gave, it will be as many other servers around before  - copy/paste here and there and next, nothing different that wasn't made before because most of the bad admins around that got eAmod months ago also had access to the SVN and got their renewal db and joined it to a pre-renewal eathena to make it a screwd pre-renewal+renewal monsters RO.

So, after knowing this, you still think that you server will be unique, different, numero uno, better then the others? Think again because life isn't a 1,2,3 click and I invented the light! If you're saying that you've unique stuff then show/talk a bit about it because if not it's the same old concept with little to non variations and the same old chit chat:
"I has unique stuff, come my server, me advertise very well"
*player goes into the server and goes what? where? nothing unique, bye*

Most of the people that play this game for ages read your first post as this:
- *read topic and thinks - here comes another d00d that thinks that is good making a server* Hey d00d B, have you seen this? *gives link at msn* He says that his server is different but hasn't announced something that wasn't seen before and you've to see this unique warpa system ahah. Serious, who cares about this lol If it has a warpa and let players go to towns and dungeons is good enough, who cares about other stuff lol
- Oh lol, another server to ignore then I suppose. It's at least based on PVM or WoE or has a mix of everything good around at the moment like the eAmod? Can be interesting if it focus on one of that topics because if not... brb adding to ignore servers list.txt
- Already added to mine.

Don't get this as a "I'm making you to quit trying to make your server" but get it more as a - If it's the same, why even loose time making it?

"Of copies the world full is. To change, the difference you must seek."

Lysander

I wouldn't word it as Triper has done, but I agree with the premise: it is far harder than you (and most people) think to make a good (and unique) server. Even if you say you know you can, so has everyone else. At the end of the day, the only way people will take you at your word is after you have proven it.

Myteriouss

I didn't say my server was gonna be the best and *unique* right off the bat, I just mentioned a warper that was it. I know I'll be competing against other servers.. Every server is. However, game mechanics and npcs aren't the only things that make players stay; has a lot to do about staff and how they interact with the community. Plus triper, this isn't an advertisement of any kind just an input. Now, if this w an advertisement I would list off more stuff regarding the server people would like. Thus, since it isn't a advertisement, I won't do that.

raphael.cruger

What we is trying to say is come up with something(s) unique that players will WANT to play yr server for. THAT'S how to be successful.
If its the same old thing its not BAD but with the amount of servers out there its a long shot that you'd even make it off the ground.

Triper

^

There are not enough words in this post.

crysiscore3

Wasn't OP either owner or at least admin on Moonlight? He's not exactly a random dude stumbling into his first, sure to be failure. And apparently he's contributed to eAthena... so I'm thinking he's not headed for a DOA server.

Though I will agree that great admins is not a guaranteed recipe for popularity. If it were, HeavenlyMaiden would be in the top few servers.
Thinking of making your own RO PServer?
Read this first.