Nominations for worst servers out there.

Started by Swift99, Dec 07, 2007, 09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swift99

A lot of the time, people like myself find it hard looking for servers because most of the time the reviews, lets say not 100% correct. Example, one person says 100 perfect! But another person gives it like 49-1. By getting information on servers, it saves time looking at these bad servers for everyone. Post servers that you don't like/hate and why.
One server I just tried, called Xile Ro(Not on RMS) I hated it because of the following: Half the time laggy, out dated(just got 11.3 from kro), basically makes every monster way stronger example, Banshees have 35k hp now they have 700k hp and this isn't like a server with 999 stats it's like 250 or so with max level of 255, and the weakest MVP has 19Mill hp. Also, nerfed creators by making AD only hit 5 times, and all the monsters that are made stronger have 1-10 vit, same with MVPs, they do this with pretty much everywhere thats new. The rates are lies, on the site it says 1000x, but it's really 500x, and soul linkers have esma hit 5 times instead of 10. Also, the item drops are all screwed up, half the monsters don't even drop their cards, instead the cards are replaced by apples, and all monsters made stronger are the same. Tons of delay too, example: when you warp you can't warp on the same up to move around, you can't warp to dungeons, and every time you use a command, you have to wait awhile before you can use it again.

dook

xilero has always been REALLY out of date. It was my first (and last) high rate server, and i had some good fun there. In many ways it is a good server. no corrupt gms, and large community. But like many other servers, it is biased towards donators. The donation items push you above the other legit players, and some people donate 100s of dollars just to get the overpowered wings etc. The nerfs were generally there to balance out the pvp though. they do try to make balanced pvp, sometimes getting it right, sometimes not. the fact remains that if you play RO with base lvl over 130 or so, it will be unbalanced and loads of game mechanics break. my advice is play 99/70 RO. 254/999 lvl servers are awful :D

Skotlex

I am kindaimpressed with the amount of "nerfs" put into place to limit overpowerness... but it sounds like it is a bit too much :v Playtester once told me that Banshees were the favourite leveling mechanism since they gave tons of exp, I am guessing that is why they exploded their HP like that. Making all mobs harder is also probably due to them trying to adjust it to high-rate gameplay, same for MVPs... the question is how hard is hard... do mobs go into the absurd/frustrating end of the spectrum?

It does not really seem that bad of a server to me... if they did what they did for the right reasons. But as Dooklee said, if their donation items give you an unfair advantage, that is enough to ruin a server for any player! (unless you happen to be a donator xP)

(RMS reviews)

Raphael.N

huh any server who is a 10x pseudo low rate with heavy donation items is bad...
because i'm not a donator :'(
but i like low rates

Ambrose Merle

You should gather the evidence and report Xile Ro. It already broke two ToS rules consisting of False server rates, and False server features if your review is correct, and quite possibly even more than that.

Xile Ro apparently has a highly innactive and incompetent administrator. I'll send you a PM about them so that we can look into maybe removing this ratehr awful server..

Swift99

It isn't on RMS, but just saying so it doesn't get on in the future. And yes, the rates are incorrect, look at the site http://www.xilero.net/servers.php it says 1k(1000x) but, when your on the server and type @rates it says 500x. I would give a screen shot, but I left the server before I wrote this, I also didn't put it under server reports because it isn't RMS material. If any one tries the server, use @rates and take a screen shot for proof, it would be a help to this topic. Thanks. Btw report other servers here not on RMS to prevent them from getting on RMS. Yes, they have 5 servers, but that means atleast one is incorrect, nevermind, it's currently 4.

dook

they have like 5 servers, all with different rates when i played. the main server was only 50x for example.

Pandora

Any server trying to milk money from their player is bad imo. AKA selling + insane stats / godly items for real life money. There is of course the infamous anima/talon with their LKH and whatnot, xile is another example but there are tonz more, would be too long to list. First thing I check about a server is usually the "donation" section, that usually indicates what kinda server it is.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Ambrose Merle

survay says... 5/7 servers about that I've played on only existed to get rich off of others. I've played on 3 that made you pay for the good stuff, had no hosting except on the person's computer, and raked in about 100-200 monthly. You heard me right. 100-200 USD monthly... x_x;;

dook

xilero is not that bad really. im sure its better than alot of high rate servers. they may be slow to update, but at least they have hosted the servers for a number of years, and work hard to stop cheaters and write some custom content. im sure its better to have an inactive admin, and a few active gms, than a bunch of little kids who just want to be GMs to make big numbers on the screen, and are corrupt and understand very little about running a server. im sure its not the best HR server by a long shot, but you could do alot worse.

btw the delays were put on the warp commands because champions would just warp into a populated pk zone, asura, warp to healer etcetc. not a bad idea if you ask me. @warp is a ridiculous command and ruins any feeling of travel, so if you must have it nerfing it is not such a bad idea.