I was wondering about this for a long time now

Started by Patrick, Jul 31, 2008, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

On the review page, this is a Rating system that lets you distribute points. What troubles me is that I see people posting 100 on their review. Seeing that they are created by players that want to help out the server and some of them create multiple accounts just to increase the server's total review and points or mainly because they just had fun or other reasons like GMs are trading customs for writing a review or something pretty stupid. I would like to point out something:
QuoteNobody , Nothing , Nowhere is Perfect.
Nuff said
When I was searching for a a server, one of my basis is what the players think of that server. So I went to the review page, saw the detailed rating and I was like ***!!! 100?! seeing their name randomized, like asfagrhwg, I think that server is corrupt. Unless they explained that why they rated it to be 100, having the quote above, I cant really say something. Nobody ,Nothing , Nowhere is Perfect, No server is perfect for me. Some are balanced and some are corrupt and some are just normal.
Nuff said

Be Honest
Be Truthful
Never be Stupid

Remember That

Majora_younglink

IP checks. They're checked when they can. Nothing really more can be done outside of that.

Also there are daily checks on reviews in which nonsensical ratings are taken out.

Also, its all opinion. If someone feels like the server is perfect let them put 100 if they back it up. You can't say "you can't rate higher than x because no server is ever that perfect"

Pandora

While I agree with what you say Majora_younglink, Patrick also has a point. Often times server are far from perfect and people just give 100 to boost the average. I've seen servers with barely 2 merchant get 10/10 eco? No woe and empty pvp room get 10/10? etc...
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Majora_younglink

But that can't be helped unless yC wants to check every server that gets added before hand. XD

And even then I bet people would find work around the system. It really can't be helped to be honest we just have to trust the players to be truthful in their reviews.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Skotlex

Trust the contents of the review more than the numbers themselves.

If you just let yourself be guided by the number and the amount of reviews, then RMS is no different from a Top100 site.

(RMS reviews)

~~T~~

Rehael

Quote from: Skotlex on Aug 01, 2008, 04:55 AM
Trust the contents of the review more than the numbers themselves.

If you just let yourself be guided by the number and the amount of reviews, then RMS is no different from a Top100 site.

Absolutely, this should be put as a notice on the site.
The Greatest Server is in preparation phase : http://valiantro.com
Setting the standard so high the other servers will look like noob stuff. ;)

Edward

In reviews there's always 3 types of people...

Person 1 will put a high score just to make the server look good on purpose.
Person 2 will be honest about the score and do justice for the score.
Person 3 will put a low score just to make the server look bad on purpose.

No matter how you see it, you still can't label a person any of these... cause they might be being honest with giving a high or low grade to a server. If a person really likes a server, yeah, of course they'll give it a 100. And surely, nothing's 100%, but what's 100% is how the rater feels about the server.

yC

I guess your argument proved another point.  Is the reason why the 10/100 reviews are almost deleted on sight.  No server is perfect and in a similar way, none is total crap? well maybe some but 10/100 is another ridiculous score to give.