Advertisements in game...

Started by Bliss, Dec 07, 2007, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

I just wondered something. I discovered someone making accounts in my server for the sole purpose of advertising their own. Of course I find this to be highly upsetting though I know it's to be expected. It just seems so wrong. I know they're listed here in Rate my server as is my server (mine has been for over a year. I love this site.) I just wonder if I can write a review on their server saying how displeased I am with this action they have taken against my server. To me, if I were joining a server I certainly wouldn't join one with admins who would do such a thing. That's why I think it could be a reasonable review but at the same time, I haven't played in their server nor will I. Would making a review based on this be against the rules? I certainly don't want to break any.

Well, just because I'm mad about this incident I'll post the name of the server which has offended me so.
magekyuro  :-[
very disturbing and disheartening. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves and really think about what you're doing. It's wrong.

Ansuz Isaz

There may be a possibility it's just one of their players, rather than one of the GMs / Admins themselves. o.o I'd simply recommend banning the character and / or it's account, and being done with it. Simple, easy, effectively ends the problem, and to the point.

Bliss

Agreed. I was just a bit upset at the moment. The player in question claimed to be a gm in the server but that doesn't mean it's true. I spoke with the admin and he assures me he had nothing to do with it. This sort of thing happened to me with my server so I know it's absolutely possible for a player or even a gm to do something of this nature for whatever reason. I'm very glad I did not make a negative review as it would absolutely have been the wrong choice whether it was actually an admin, gm or player. I'm glad this forum is here to allow us to vent our frustration a bit without taking drastic measures. No harm done and it's just life or Ro life I suppose.  ;)

Ambrose Merle

contact the owner, and if you have screenshots, post them. If it happens again, get screenshots. Like I always say, "EVIDENCE PEOPLE, EVIDENCE!"