Solace RO

Started by monkeyblood, Oct 20, 2020, 08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyblood

Hi, this is just more of a quick question. I am trying to check this server out it seems to be a very popular low rate but none of the links are working? Every link I click I just get a white window that says access denied via cloudflare. Not sure what this is. Is the site/server down or is this server blocking my IP? Just a little weird. Would be kinda hard to get new players if they can't join the server.

Necrophiliac

The links work fine for me

monkeyblood

https://i.imgur.com/qPh6APc.png this is what I keep getting when I try to access the site.

Nekoruchii

Looks like a friend was trying to access server X and it showed up the same message.
Where are you from exactly?

yC

Looks to me they have the cloudflare ddos filter on, if your IP isn't clean enough you will get blocked.

darkaztaroth

I have the same issue. My IP is set as DHCP on my provider's modem so I can't easily change it either, either way I had it for a while so I'm not sure why this would be happening.

This is literally the only place I've ever seen that message. I just assumed the server was down or misconfigured or some such and went to another server instead.

Though I have a hard time finding lowrates that fit with what I want from RO so I would appreciate if they could fix it.

Neffletics

Hello! Lynx of SolaceRO here.

Our site is being DDoSed, like every day. So we made a system that temporarily blocks the attackers' ISP. (yC is right)

If you're seeing the access denied message that means you're from the same ISP as the attackers, you'll need to use a VPN to enter the site. (you won't need the VPN when playing)

You can message me if you need help with downloading and registration.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
solacero rip

burgos32

This message from member of SOLACE Ragnarok Online;
can we request a solace status update? I don't know if it's just me but I notice that the server is slowing down. Are you even losing your appetite? Why did I say that?
First of all, you released the major patch Endless Tower which is one of your selling points for those who want to play and are lazy in solace. However, it has been more than a week since there was a 'known' major bug (here you can not enter from floor 99 to 100 because the portal is bugged) but it is still not fixed and there is no announcement or schedule to fix such a bug into.
Secondly, you celebrated our 10th monthsary but there was a misunderstanding even with you internally about the supposed prize of your meme event gimmick and it also took a lot of time before it was resolved.
Third, this is probably the longest time that Tianlin Li has not made us feel. Maybe he is also busy with his personal life but it is a big help if we players see that our pakboy is still active.
Fourth, economy? perhaps many of you say that our economy is still good because of cheap equipment but pay close attention. I don't want to explain it but maybe there are smart people who can explain it.
Last, is the WOE, it so hard to defeat guild " DOKDO " 1 vs 4-5 guilds, why?? 2 times using CHEAT w/member, that's why all member of solace was disappointed that they come here... CM/GM Lynx He don't care about this kind of cheat. as long as he received donation from DOKDO or korean.

[ If anyone else has not played in Solace ragnarok online, do not play because its server is useless with many errors / cheats.]

Neffletics

@burgos32

All rumors mentioned were already resolved. As for my temporary 'absence', I have already explained this in the Facebook Group.

Not a single server has 100% cheat protection or will be 100% error-free. If you feel this server is 'useless' you're free to play somewhere else, it's as if we're forcing you to play here.

"all member of solace was disappointed"

Stop generalizing. Your opinion doesn't speak for the whole community. Your opinion is your opinion, and we respect that. Don't speak as if you've spoken to each and every player and confirmed if they felt the same way.

Recommendation: If you're not happy, leave. There are many servers out there that may fit your liking.
solacero rip

qkqk

I tried this server. There are many good things about it, and from what I've seen the WoE scene is pretty active. Sadly the community is pretty much non-existent, it's almost impossible for new players to find people to party with let alone make new friends.

I've thought about dumping $$$ on donations but ultimately went against the idea due to the issue I mentioned above. It's just a huge dealbreaker for me unfortunately.

If you already have a group/guild then I'm sure this server would check a lot of boxes, otherwise I would not waste time on this server.

Neffletics

Quote from: qkqk on Oct 28, 2020, 09:46 AM
I tried this server. There are many good things about it, and from what I've seen the WoE scene is pretty active. Sadly the community is pretty much non-existent, it's almost impossible for new players to find people to party with let alone make new friends.

I've thought about dumping $$$ on donations but ultimately went against the idea due to the issue I mentioned above. It's just a huge dealbreaker for me unfortunately.

If you already have a group/guild then I'm sure this server would check a lot of boxes, otherwise I would not waste time on this server.

People prefer getting leeched nowadays, but we're working on content that'll promote party adventures again (aside from ET and future instances).
solacero rip

qkqk

Quote from: Neffletics on Oct 29, 2020, 11:59 PM
People prefer getting leeched nowadays, but we're working on content that'll promote party adventures again (aside from ET and future instances).

I think the issue stems from the fact that pretty much everyone is already established and has their own group, so there is no incentive to seek out other players.

Last I checked population was 1k+, granted this included autovends, but honestly it felt more like 100-150+ with people just doing solo stuff or doing things with their guild. The server is barren from a new player's perspective. There is nothing to look forward to.

I hope you take this feedback well since you have a promising server, it just needs to feel alive enough for users like me to invest time (and perhaps even money) on it.

Neffletics

Quote from: qkqk on Oct 30, 2020, 02:54 AM
I think the issue stems from the fact that pretty much everyone is already established and has their own group, so there is no incentive to seek out other players.

Last I checked population was 1k+, granted this included autovends, but honestly it felt more like 100-150+ with people just doing solo stuff or doing things with their guild. The server is barren from a new player's perspective. There is nothing to look forward to.

I hope you take this feedback well since you have a promising server, it just needs to feel alive enough for users like me to invest time (and perhaps even money) on it.

Thank you so much. Your feedback is noted. ~

I agree that most established guilds have their own internal activities and they don't usually allow outsiders to join them. They even request us to add a save point in a remote town so that they wouldn't be seen by newbies.

The community back then was very helpful (they're still helpful now), but with the influx of newbies with **slave-mentality, they started to ignore newbies.

Slave-mentality - those who will always rely on others. They'll always ask for zeny and items; they'd even ask you to leech them until 99.
solacero rip