Guild Packages

Started by Chemical Crush, Sep 03, 2011, 09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like guild packages?  And, if so, how many people do you think the guild should have to receive one?

I always look for guild packages when joining a server
They're nice, but not needed in my opinion
Can't stand guild packages
Prefer for it to be 5 people to receive guild package
Prefer for it to be 10 people to receive guild package
More than 10 to receive guild package

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 24, 2011, 10:46 PM
actually, its not. if its trash, big guilds rather than be motivated by it, may feel insulted or think the gms simply do not know howto run a woe server. and even if its trash, other people will feel left out.
bad vibes all around.

You don't read do you?

Who said the Low Rate was a WoE server?  These were just some random new low rates I came across that were offering +7 crazygears to guilds who transfered and if im not mistaken some mvp crap and some cards.

For a Low Rate, that wasn't even specifically WoE based, that's retarded. 

If they feel offended because the GMs feel they should work for their higher tier gear then OBVIOUSLY they don't need to be playing a Low Rate.  I mean, really.

Thoth

:o I guess you are trying to tell me that WoE is not the endgame of RO, but instead its kawaii hats? :o

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 24, 2011, 11:42 PM
:o I guess you are trying to tell me that WoE is not the endgame of RO, but instead its kawaii hats? :o

No, I'm saying if you join a low rate you should expect to work for your s*** instead of being spoonfed like on Mid rates / High Rates.  I mean honestly, hardly anyone joins a Low Rate for WoE and if they do they usually know they have to work for their gear.

Because obviously that is the point in a low rate...hence the LOW RATES.  If you join a low rate and expect to be spoon fed gear or anything for that matter then obviously a low rate isn't for you, I believe I stated this before.

JermZ

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 24, 2011, 11:42 PM

Have to step in. So you're claming War of Emperium is the only thing that keeps a server running? It's the so-called "end game" for ragnarok online?

www.infinity-ro.net[Dead]

Kensei

Quote from: JermZ on Nov 24, 2011, 11:57 PM
Have to step in. So you're claming War of Emperium is the only thing that keeps a server running? It's the so-called "end game" for ragnarok online?
Then tell me what is the end-game of RO.

Renewal and 3rd classes is considered a fail product due to lack of balance already. What else now? PvM? You're satisfied with doing same sh*t all the time with no improvements.

Karuna-tan

Quote from: Kensei on Nov 25, 2011, 01:53 AM
You're satisfied with doing same sh*t all the time with no improvements.

Some people are fine dealing with the same AI over and over again day after day - while being perfectly happy with it, like me. Sure, playing against another player brings its own bonuses, but if someone's just not interested in PvP/WoE/BG/anything like that at all, then you can't really blame the person for that. I'd rather be a bait for Bio 3 MVPs than get dragged to PvP like events.
"Howard, you do know I've got a number of ways to poison you. In your sleep. Your food. You don't want that to happen do you?"

JermZ

You have to agree when I say that each player has their own opinion.

In my opinion, along with quite a few more I'm sure, you come back to Ragnarok Online after quitting it for 2-3 years because of the community and the nostalgic feeling you get from it. It's no doubt RO was a great MMORPG, some chooses to WoE frantically, and by all means, that's an awesome spirit, however you guys kinda just sidetracked all those who has never enjoyed WoE and prefers the, as you all claim, boring activity of sitting and hunting MVPs as a group just to kill time.

Both of these parties form up the community of Ragnarok Online, so depends on which party you belong to, your point of view of what end-game of ragnarok online is may differ. Furthermore, I think end-game isn't the right word, considering how many RO fans are still out there, Ragnarok Online is far from ending.

www.infinity-ro.net[Dead]

Yuzo

Quote from: JermZ on Nov 25, 2011, 08:26 AMIn my opinion, along with quite a few more I'm sure, you come back to Ragnarok Online after quitting it for 2-3 years because of the community and the nostalgic feeling you get from it. It's no doubt RO was a great MMORPG, some chooses to WoE frantically, and by all means, that's an awesome spirit, however you guys kinda just sidetracked all those who has never enjoyed WoE and prefers the, as you all claim, boring activity of sitting and hunting MVPs as a group just to kill time.
Think of woe as the saying "Once you go black, you never go back". I used to have no interest at all in woe until I started a few years ago. Now I couldn't care less about PvM.

Triper

So, when is someone doing a server with 1/1/100/1 rates and call it woe low rate server?

Chemical Crush

Ignore dis I screwed up.

i iz forum stoopid

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Yuzo on Nov 25, 2011, 10:16 AM
Think of woe as the saying "Once you go black, you never go back". I used to have no interest at all in woe until I started a few years ago. Now I couldn't care less about PvM.

This isn't true for everyone, not everyone enjoys the aspect of pvp / woe, even after they try doing it.

Quote from: Triper on Nov 25, 2011, 10:59 AM
So, when is someone doing a server with 1/1/100/1 rates and call it woe low rate server?

Hell, why not?  I'd play a server like that.  I prefer low rates to work for my levels and kinda for my gear, usually low rates just stick with the same 10/10/10 or 5/5/5 and whatnot, I could see someone breaking the cycle and doing something like 3/3/100 or something.  I don't know if it would be successful or not...

But I could see it as being interesting, none the less.

Thoth

Quote from: Triper on Nov 25, 2011, 10:59 AM
yeah, actually that sounds pretty good. I like the large party aspect of pvm fighting monsters that would crush any soloist. 3/3/50/5 with higher exp taps and bonus for partying sounds best. hell, someone might even do that orc memorial dungeon for a change.
the most boring and worst part of RO is killing the same monster thousands of times to get its card, and soloing is just bad.

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 25, 2011, 12:59 PM
yeah, actually that sounds pretty good. I like the large party aspect of pvm fighting monsters that would crush any soloist. 3/3/50/5 with higher exp taps and bonus for partying sounds best. hell, someone might even do that orc memorial dungeon for a change.
the most boring and worst part of RO is killing the same monster thousands of times to get its card, and soloing is just bad.

I have to agree, although there are -some- people who do enjoy hunting for gear...I don't know why.  I came from the officials and pift, I hated gear/card hunting, I usually just bought it if I had the Zeny. 

Its like, I like instant gratification from getting gear ( myself, not handed to me unless im buying it ) but I like the actual leveling aspect of RO.  Which I guess is why I dislike Midrates +  ( Though sometimes I do play a midrate from time to time but typically get bored easily. )

Usagimimi

I can proudly say that I have no "game" nor "end-game" personal factor in regards to RO.

I play the same places over'n over. My only initiative to play is to find cards, level up, and sell to the public. Over'n over.

It's the fact I love repetition that keeps me going. That's why I play Pokemon, the Impossible Game, and Harvest Moon. Isn't it the same crap over'n over? Yet it sells.

Some people have different reasons they play :]

Triper

OBJECTION!! You forgot Yu-Gi-Oh! [even if the last season has an awesome story and kinda sucks in the card rules >>].

And yeah, team fun ish ubber funtastik ._. I have done so much stupid stuff with so much random players that is fun.
Want>more bard naked+2sage naked+priest naked+2hunter almost naked necromancer party ftw lol Never had so much fun lving then with that type of random/look impossible to work and kill stuff to lv parties