Guild Packages

Started by Chemical Crush, Sep 03, 2011, 09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like guild packages?  And, if so, how many people do you think the guild should have to receive one?

I always look for guild packages when joining a server
They're nice, but not needed in my opinion
Can't stand guild packages
Prefer for it to be 5 people to receive guild package
Prefer for it to be 10 people to receive guild package
More than 10 to receive guild package

Kensei

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Sep 03, 2011, 09:57 AM
Anyways, gonna go back to playin WoW.  :B
Hop off RMS >:
Soo,

Low rate : don't need gpack at all, since 99% lowrate is PvM server and I don't see why you need a gpack for PvM scene
Mid rate : need gpack the most. players want WoE but some farming for items to kill some time when there's no WoE
High rate : not as much as mid since items are much easier
Super High rate : ....what?

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Kensei on Nov 23, 2011, 11:04 AM
Hop off RMS >:
Soo,

Low rate : don't need gpack at all, since 99% lowrate is PvM server and I don't see why you need a gpack for PvM scene
Mid rate : need gpack the most. players want WoE but some farming for items to kill some time when there's no WoE
High rate : not as much as mid since items are much easier
Super High rate : ....what?

Pretty much, reason for this thread was to see insight from people who have seen low rates with guild packages.  Cause that day I had ran across several with super op items in said guild package.

Well that and I guess to see if people even care about guild packages.  o.O;

Poki

I personally took the guild packages in a different perspective.  The main use of it is for attraction of big guilds, making it the reason why even low rates are starting to use this.  Attempting to start a low rate server myself, I'm currently disabling the guild packages for now and planning to introduce them later in the server.

Reason for that is simply because I want the players to all have a fresh start and build the economy themselves.  When the guild packages are introduced in the server however, the existing guilds would then receive a different package from those who are joining the server later.

What the guild packages offer would even be different from what other servers do with them.  I'm thinking more of the lines of coupons with an expiry date.

Taking all of that in to consideration... Why not, right?
Also, I'm having troubles understanding why everyone seems to be classifying low rates as "mainly PVM"?

-----------------------------

As for the super op items in guild packages:
Server just wants money.

Lysander

Quote from: Poki on Nov 23, 2011, 03:55 PM
Also, I'm having troubles understanding why everyone seems to be classifying low rates as "mainly PVM"?
Sad, isn't it? Aurora, Poseidon and I are starting a low-rate as well this next month, and we're allowing guild packages, but it will only offer the bare basics, such as one emperium, a few storage passes, and a couple boxes of consumables, such as condensed whites or poison bottles. Those that want OP guild packages can go back to WoE servers where everything is handed on a silver platter and server development is marginal at best.

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Poki on Nov 23, 2011, 03:55 PM
I personally took the guild packages in a different perspective.  The main use of it is for attraction of big guilds, making it the reason why even low rates are starting to use this.  Attempting to start a low rate server myself, I'm currently disabling the guild packages for now and planning to introduce them later in the server.

Reason for that is simply because I want the players to all have a fresh start and build the economy themselves.  When the guild packages are introduced in the server however, the existing guilds would then receive a different package from those who are joining the server later.

What the guild packages offer would even be different from what other servers do with them.  I'm thinking more of the lines of coupons with an expiry date.

Taking all of that in to consideration... Why not, right?

-----------------------------

As for the super op items in guild packages:
Server just wants money.

Easy, why Low Rates are mainly classified as PvM, everyone who wants to do PvP / WoE typically turn to higher rates just so they dont have to work as long/hard for their stuff.  IF all you're interested in is PvP/WoEing wouldn't you want your gear asap?  The faster you get your gear the better you become, faster.  You dont have to constantly hunt for items. 

Again, not saying that Low Rates can't have decent WoE or PvP it's just, usually Low Rates attract people who like the leveling aspect of the game or actually want to work for their stuff, which isn't a whole lot of people really.  ( Cept me I love a good Low Rate ).

As for the super op items and Gms just wanting money, I Figured as much, it just seems retarded for the rest of the community who doesn't have the luxury of being apart of a guild who server hops around.

Thoth

Quote from: Lysander on Nov 23, 2011, 05:40 PM
Sad, isn't it? Aurora, Poseidon and I are starting a low-rate as well this next month, and we're allowing guild packages, but it will only offer the bare basics
why even bother then? its annoying to get all your guildies online to apply for such things, and some may or may not come later.
the general point is these hyper woe guilds have no patience for stuff like card hunting and want to join bg, yesterday.

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 23, 2011, 07:10 PM
why even bother then? its annoying to get all your guildies online to apply for such things, and some may or may not come later.
the general point is these hyper woe guilds have no patience for stuff like card hunting and want to join bg, yesterday.

Why not bother?  Some guilds will even take that because they take pride in hunting for their own stuff instead of being spoon-fed everything, especially people playing low rates.

IF YOU JOIN A LOW RATE YOU SHOULD BE PREPARED TO HUNT FOR HOURS ON END

ITS A LOW RATE....

Usagimimi

Not sure how this got off topic into a debate about which is better, but will state it now:

Super HRs: Server lacks seriousness and a fundamental goal other than just being "there"
HR: For the super-lazy WoE Guild who needs no satisfaction in gear-hunting/etc. It's mostly a PvP environment than a GvG one
MR: WoE Guilds / PvMers / Socializers who appreciate a good balance in things - except, this balance is often thrown off by stupid donations or unfair aspects of play introduced by either a) gravity, or b) the server administration
LR: PvMers, or patient WoE Guilds who want to feel like they deserve what they acquired
Official Servers: People desiring reassurance that the chances of closing are significantly slimmer to that of a pServer. Also known as no-lifes

Very broad classification.

As I think I said before, Guild Packages are meant for MRs+higher rates due to the type of community that's generally attracted. You'll only get hate introducing free MVP Gear on an LR.

JermZ

^Win.

Where would you draw the line between overpowered donation and non overpowered donation items though? It's a good feedback for my own server.

www.infinity-ro.net[Dead]

Kensei

Quote from: Lysander on Nov 23, 2011, 05:40 PM
Sad, isn't it? Aurora, Poseidon and I are starting a low-rate as well this next month, and we're allowing guild packages, but it will only offer the bare basics, such as one emperium, a few storage passes, and a couple boxes of consumables, such as condensed whites or poison bottles. Those that want OP guild packages can go back to WoE servers where everything is handed on a silver platter and server development is marginal at best.
Those packages are good only for some level. I don't even think that would be enough to make one character go 99/70. In short, 5 minutes spoonfeed and poof, bye guild pack.

The main purpose of Guild Pack is indeed to attract guild to join your server. But what guild you want to attract matters the most. It's made to attract WoE players whose are server hoppers, yet could bring competition that makes server popular. In low-rate, you won't attract WoE guilds, mainly group of people who wants to play oldschool RO and make their own guild. Difference? WoE people could invite at least 3-4 guilds with at least half-roster (25 at minimum). Group of PvM? Max of 10 people and that's it.

So tell me now, what is the purpose of giving guild pack in low rate? I won't even call that guild pack, only 5 mins spoonfeed.

Thoth

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Nov 23, 2011, 10:12 PM
Why not bother?  Some guilds will even take that because they take pride in hunting for their own stuff instead of being spoon-fed everything, especially people playing low rates.

IF YOU JOIN A LOW RATE YOU SHOULD BE PREPARED TO HUNT FOR HOURS ON END

ITS A LOW RATE....
trash guildpacks are trash. if you offer trash, better for everyone if you just not offer anything at all.

Poki

Quote from: Kensei on Nov 24, 2011, 01:11 AM
Those packages are good only for some level. I don't even think that would be enough to make one character go 99/70. In short, 5 minutes spoonfeed and poof, bye guild pack.

The main purpose of Guild Pack is indeed to attract guild to join your server. But what guild you want to attract matters the most. It's made to attract WoE players whose are server hoppers, yet could bring competition that makes server popular. In low-rate, you won't attract WoE guilds, mainly group of people who wants to play oldschool RO and make their own guild. Difference? WoE people could invite at least 3-4 guilds with at least half-roster (25 at minimum). Group of PvM? Max of 10 people and that's it.

So tell me now, what is the purpose of giving guild pack in low rate? I won't even call that guild pack, only 5 mins spoonfeed.

Guilds who are looking for the right oldschool RO to WoE in.  Clearly we have 2 types of WoE guild definitions going on.

WoE guild = guild strictly for woe and wants everything provided to begin woe ASAP
Old WoE guild = guild strictly for woe but wants to go through the grinding phase

Conclusion?  Guild packages still have a meaning for low rates.  As a low rate server, you're not trying to use guild packages to compete with the higher rates, but to those who are near your's.

And yes, players are hypocrites for wanting guild packages on a low rate.  But oh well, it's their call.

Thoth

Quote from: Poki on Nov 24, 2011, 12:51 PM
And yes, players are hypocrites for wanting guild packages on a low rate.  But oh well, it's their call.
if a server is impressive enough and lasts long enough, they may lose their fear that the server will die in 3months, and not need a guildpack to join.
its all about fear.

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 24, 2011, 10:48 AM
trash guildpacks are trash. if you offer trash, better for everyone if you just not offer anything at all.

Something is better than nothing. 

I'm just pointing out why the hell give out op s*** on a LOW RATE server?  I mean, ya know, unless you don't get the point in joining a low, there are tons of other rates for you if you're too lazy or too busy to hunt for your own items hours on in. 

Thoth

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Nov 24, 2011, 05:30 PM
Something is better than nothing. 
actually, its not. if its trash, big guilds rather than be motivated by it, may feel insulted or think the gms simply do not know howto run a woe server. and even if its trash, other people will feel left out.
bad vibes all around.