Website from DivinityRO

Started by Peanut, Apr 14, 2015, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanut

Hyperactive

They do look pretty similar.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130309185949/http://divinityro.com/

Doesn't look like they stole any images though, since there are some large differences in the images used. Perhaps they started with the same HTML/CSS and tweaked it to their liking but with all new images. Since DivinityRO isn't running anymore and sarahRO(?) doesn't look too lively, this is a moot point. I guess it's really up to Ether or whoever designed the site to be able to take up action, if they really wanted to.

Peanut

i am not anymore in RO Business.
i just saw it when i was on FB.

eKoh

It is not a copy from DivinityRO web page, it is a copy from where DivinityRO probably copied that too.

I remember I saw that DivinityRO web style was a copy from a design from deviantart.com, a couple of things changed but the main style was the same
We are a Pre-Renewal Midrate. Looking for the most
competitive
scene in Pvp, Mvp, and Hunting!

Grand Opening this July 15th!
Visit Aria-RO.com

Ratatox

Quote from: eKoh on Apr 15, 2015, 07:26 PM
It is not a copy from DivinityRO web page, it is a copy from where DivinityRO probably copied that too.

I remember I saw that DivinityRO web style was a copy from a design from deviantart.com, a couple of things changed but the main style was the same

I did not copy any website while making this design. If there is anything identical to my website on DeviantArt, it is pure coincidence.

Although it does look almost exactly like the website I made, I'm not going to make them change their website. The older Divinity website is not being used anymore, and they didn't steal anything from the original design. As long as they make it look like their own style, I'm fine with them copying my base design.

Strudel

Quote from: Ratatox on Apr 16, 2015, 03:44 AM
I did not copy any website while making this design. If there is anything identical to my website on DeviantArt, it is pure coincidence.

Although it does look almost exactly like the website I made, I'm not going to make them change their website. The older Divinity website is not being used anymore, and they didn't steal anything from the original design. As long as they make it look like their own style, I'm fine with them copying my base design.

That's nice, but even if they did copy it what power would you have over them to actually make them change it, it wouldn't be the first time a website was copied and it wouldn't be the last.

Cawliflower

Quote from: Peanut on Apr 14, 2015, 09:46 PM
isn't it the Website of DivinityRO ?
http://sarahserver.com
Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Long live DivinityRO!

6.9 coming soon. Slated 2016 featuring Euphemia Li Britannia, HUMPY THE BR QUEEN, Zinnia & his wife-uuu Snowy, CoolCat, Carrier (#freeCarrier, #fightforaloot) Ulquiorra (he's still in the bush), and GM Crewkie Hitler.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Hyperactive

Quote from: Ratatox on Apr 16, 2015, 03:44 AM

Major props for being level-headed.

Quote from: Strudel on Apr 16, 2015, 11:58 AM
That's nice, but even if they did copy it what power would you have over them to actually make them change it, it wouldn't be the first time a website was copied and it wouldn't be the last.

I don't think there's anything more to do besides kindly asking them to take it down or change it. Both sites are using images clearly not made by them. They may have made their own textures/html/css code but they are riddled with fan art from other artists who likely didn't give them permission. There's a lot of questionable acts in running a RO site/server so I doubt that you would get very far legally.

That's why most people just resort to making a rant and rave thread about the server/owner hoping to expose them and deter players from the server. Doesn't really work though, aside from extreme cases.

Kris

Quote from: Cawliflower on Apr 16, 2015, 02:35 PM
6.9 coming soon. Slated 2016 featuring Euphemia Li Britannia, HUMPY THE BR QUEEN, Zinnia & his wife-uuu Snowy, CoolCat, Carrier (#freeCarrier, #fightforaloot) Ulquiorra (he's still in the bush), and GM Crewkie Hitler.

This is arguably the funniest thing I've read today.
2k21 Return