GGRO's population?

Started by DroppedPJK, Feb 25, 2015, 06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cawliflower

Quote from: Bue on Mar 27, 2015, 12:40 AM
Yeah, same here. I got into software engineering as well. I heard in Texas, specifically Austin and Houston, is expanding like crazy. Most of my friends landed sick job offers over there and I almost went there on a GM offer too.

But yeah, rather than a server project like GGRO, my 'passion' project is this dumb item script compiler. Though, can't believe people actually think we do this shit for money, they're wrong.
Yeah, the market in Texas is quite strong. I'm always baffled when people think RO is where I bank through. Sure, when I was like 16 years old and not working lol.

Either way, I've always had a set "salary" so-to-speak and many of my developers get paid, too. :P I also take on a crazy work-load and manage efforts on a day-to-day. I'm not nearly as greedy as I was as a kid, though.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Neslea

Quote from: Rider on Mar 22, 2015, 02:41 PM
I wholeheartedly agree that this is not the place for advertising one's server and me or my staff would never do such an act. With that said, I feel that it's a bit unfair to blame it on the server and put it down in that manner when they had nothing to do with it.

I kinda loved the RO browser experience on Aeva-RO.  /hmm

It took a day to kill the server. Fun.

Fiasko

aeva ro was a big fake from the start to now what it is 288 max pop. at the start. gg no re.   wonder how much $ u wasted on getting a s*** script to flood the board with spambots.
at the start. gg no re. anyways.

I dont get the overall s*** talk about ggRo its a decent LR server with still a decent pop. And kinda decent woe. Comp is still there. From my kind of perspective its the LR to play on atm. Considering the content which is comming in the first week of april it will be great. ggRo defiantly can get more comp and more players who qq less and focus on woe more.

Rider

Quote from: Neslea on Mar 27, 2015, 02:09 AM
I kinda loved the RO browser experience on Aeva-RO.  /hmm

It took a day to kill the server. Fun.
How it is a dead when it is still growing? Hmm

Quote from: Fiasko on Mar 27, 2015, 09:52 AM
aeva ro was a big fake from the start to now what it is 288 max pop. at the start. gg no re.   wonder how much $ u wasted on getting a s*** script to flood the board with spambots.

I dont get the overall s*** talk about ggRo its a decent LR server with still a decent pop. And kinda decent woe. Comp is still there. From my kind of perspective its the LR to play on atm. Considering the content which is comming in the first week of april it will be great. ggRo defiantly can get more comp and more players who qq less and focus on woe more.
You obviously seem to know everything. I don't appreciate you talking crap about my server with your non-factual statements. ggRO might be the server for you and that's totally fine but I don't know in what way Aeva RO did anything to you.

We nearly hit 400 live players and we wasted 0$ on this non-existent spam bot you speak of. Just because some retard said it to defame a server, doesn't make it true.

Neffletics

Quote from: Fiasko on Mar 27, 2015, 09:52 AM

Well, I think Aeva-RO was the first server to launch with an android app.
solacero rip

Cawliflower

Quote from: Rider on Mar 28, 2015, 03:37 AM
How it is a dead when it is still growing? Hmm
You obviously seem to know everything. I don't appreciate you talking crap about my server with your non-factual statements. ggRO might be the server for you and that's totally fine but I don't know in what way Aeva RO did anything to you.

We nearly hit 400 live players and we wasted 0$ on this non-existent spam bot you speak of. Just because some retard said it to defame a server, doesn't make it true.
Not the best response from an Administrator. Might consider not insulting individuals when you represent a server...
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

Rider

Quote from: Cawliflower on Mar 28, 2015, 02:59 PM
Not the best response from an Administrator. Might consider not insulting individuals when you represent a server...
I may come across as blunt and speak my mind but I don't think I insulted anyone who didn't act in a manner in which they deserved more than mere insults. Besides, I'd rather express things as they are than fake professionalism and listen to someone with an history of being corrupt on how to be a proper admin.

Neffletics

Quote from: Rider on Mar 29, 2015, 11:22 AM
I may come across as blunt and speak my mind but I don't think I insulted anyone who didn't act in a manner in which they deserved more than mere insults. Besides, I'd rather express things as they are than fake professionalism and listen to someone with an history of being corrupt on how to be a proper admin.
Very well said. Good job on Aeva tho. It's good :)
solacero rip

Rider

Quote from: Neffletics on Mar 29, 2015, 11:25 AM
Very well said. Good job on Aeva tho. It's good :)
Thank you ^_^
I'm glad you like it.

Cawliflower

What's your point? I just expressed a situation as it was. I don't think you realize you're just a needle in the haystack of individuals that have played the "omg Cookie was once corrupt and has a Hall of Shame listing"... that's so yester-year. It's basically beating a dead horse similar to how AevaRO will be in a few months anyway as most servers become. The beauty of it all is I can actually open a server, even without a famous League player, with my horrible reputation and run circles around you. Now, that's irony!

I'm fascinated with how you continue to respond despite the fact you're so above this. It's making me squelchy.

I'll quote Bue and context it as appropriate as possible: take names, Rider. You've got a lot to learn about how this whole Cookie thread works.

Bue

With experience, you'll realize that you only validate these people and their opinion.

Without experience, you'll take every bait in this thread and think you're controlling the situation.

Half the guys on here have experience running a server, we're aware of whats going and have dealt with each other before.

Its not like we don't understand what you're trying to accomplish here; being helpful, interactive, and friendly is means to an end for most here.

Unless you enjoy this, my suggestion is always this; don't bother wasting your time.

Quote from: Cawliflower on Mar 29, 2015, 04:11 PM
I'll quote Bue and context it as appropriate as possible: take names, Rider. You've got a lot to learn about how this whole Cookie thread works.

Lol, I think he knows more about you now that he is taking the cheap shots.

Rider

@Bue, what you say is nothing new to me and lets just say I find all of this amusing as well ^_^

Cawliflower

I wouldn't be so sure, Bue...

These friendly guys actually think I take these threads and unsolicited criticism seriously. I swear RMS is like punching a toddler sometimes - and I swear I don't know how that feels.

Popular to contrary belief, I'm not CREWKIE enough to punch a toddler.

Anyway, I need to shower because I feel dirty. Almost as dirty as releasing RO browser into a production server with all the bugs, instability, and lack of security integrity. It's JavaScript................ and the internet.......... bah, nevermind.

Bue

Quote from: Cawliflower on Mar 30, 2015, 10:19 AM
Almost as dirty as releasing RO browser into a production server with all the bugs, instability, and lack of security integrity. It's JavaScript................ and the internet.......... bah, nevermind.

The only advantage is accessibility.

The irony is that it could be a very small niche.

Therefore defeating the purpose.

And the game play experience might not be the same.

Then you got the technical challenges. (See their development blog and forums.)

You can in theory, but in practice, why would you?

Celeste Chan

Quote from: Cawliflower on Mar 30, 2015, 10:19 AM
Popular to contrary belief, I'm not CREWKIE enough to punch a toddler.

I'd punch you.  /lv
We should rename this thread to browser ro since that's all that's being talked about. Not as good as the other threads. I give it a 1/5.  /hmm