GGRO's population?

Started by DroppedPJK, Feb 25, 2015, 06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Playtester

I counted multi-accounts only as "1 real player". =p

ggwp

QuoteEven a server with a ton of autotraders online sitting at 2k players, is still larger than a server with 1k players online considering both have autotrade.

4 example server in the last 12 months that have more than 500 online player peak.
BalikRO is with 2k++ (google said 7k , but i dont play there) peak.
ggRO with 2300 online peak.
UnofficialRO with 1900 online peak.
FableRO with 700 online peak , multi client disabled when WoE.
All server have auto trade.

Guess which server have the fewest WoE player attendance.

Cawliflower

Quote from: ggwp on Mar 12, 2015, 06:08 AM
4 example server in the last 12 months that have more than 500 online player peak.

I was speaking of concurrent connections, not peak. I could care less about where a server peaks. A server with 1,200 online will still be far more active than a server with 500 online concurrently. It's just logic.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Yuzo

cant you just tell us

Noble

nope, it's more fun to guess ^
wew

ggwp

Logic

ggRO
around 1350 player online @ saturday woe
Quoteiro scrubs 48 + mbk 4 = 52 players
hyvent 43
encore 30
285 27 + mmc 2 when I checked

+ a bunch of 4-10 man guilds just trying to have fun (broly/chaos/fallen angels). king me had 9 but I don't think they even showed up in any castle

200ish WoE attendance from 1350 players online ?
If there are 40% autotrader so 540 vender and 810 player.
810-200 = 610 , let say everyone multi clienting at 1,5x rates 610-300=310
inb4 there are 300++ people doing pve at woe time.

tung

how did u know about population of some of the server?
like unofficial, since its closed for people outside of their country

ggwp

Unofficial real time player count

QuoteIt's actually rarely 50% especially even on my current server (autotrader percentage - I'd say minimum 25-30% and maximum 40%). 99.9% of statistics are made up, on-the-spot, anyway. 

The fact

http://forums.play-ggro.com/index.php?/topic/3537-that-percentage-stays-the-autotrade/

Quote1,335 online player(s) were found distributed across 128 map(s).

alberta 33
aldebaran 32
amatsu 36
ayothaya 40
comdo 21
einbech 8
enbroch 4
geffen 32
gonryun 20
hugel 34
izlude 35
jawaii 3
lighthalzen 15
louyang 20
morocc 18
payon 78
prontera 457
umbala 6
lutie 19
yuno 19

33+32+36+40+21+8+4+32+20+34+35+3+15+20+18+78+457+6+19+19=930

930/1335 = 70% of the online population is AFK or vending, i.e. 30% of the population (405 players) is actively leveling, partying, etc

Noble

What amaze me most is Cookie's servers always getting some kind of advertisement, rant or not it's always the one getting the more attention. #girlbye

Playtester

It's because different people have different strong points.

You have server owners that are really good with advertising, marketing and providing sufficient hardware, but don't know much about the game other that what features they need to lure in players. You have server owners that are genius coders with no job that just work 16 hours straight on their server to make it perfect, but have no clue on how to get new players. You have server owners that are pretty good with both, but have a job and basically no time to care about the server and eventually realize that running a RO server is much more work than they expected it to be. You have server owners that are not really good with anything and just make a server for fun or because they want to play on a server which doesn't seem to exist. You have server owners that don't even play the game and just do a server because they have the skill and think they can make money with it. And so on.

That's why population doesn't really directly tell you anything about the quality of the server. It strongly depends on the staff.

Noble

Quote from: Playtester on Mar 19, 2015, 04:13 AM
It's because different people have different strong points.

You have server owners that are really good with advertising, marketing and providing sufficient hardware, but don't know much about the game other that what features they need to lure in players. You have server owners that are genius coders with no job that just work 16 hours straight on their server to make it perfect, but have no clue on how to get new players. You have server owners that are pretty good with both, but have a job and basically no time to care about the server and eventually realize that running a RO server is much more work than they expected it to be. You have server owners that are not really good with anything and just make a server for fun or because they want to play on a server which doesn't seem to exist. You have server owners that don't even play the game and just do a server because they have the skill and think they can make money with it. And so on.

That's why population doesn't really directly tell you anything about the quality of the server. It strongly depends on the staff.

It strongly depends on the staff and also on how players get impressed.
For example I've seen so many servers being open and closed constantly by the same Owner but under different names, this happen because a server (and the owner) fails at some point, yet players join the new server just because it's "new". So it's basically the same product under different names, and rarely people see what's behind it.
1k players or not I'd say bravo to Cookie who can make (directly or not) people talk about his servers and get them curious to try his servers (despite his reputation...lol). I don't know if he's cheating yet we are always here talking about him, yet there's people willing to join him, yet if he's going to open another server people will play it. So...meh =w=

Cawliflower

I'm not even a server owner. I don't solely own any server anymore. To be fair, I have a static salary on ggRO to develop & administrate. I don't choose it. In fact, we work to evenly split excess income between a few talented, dedicated developers & managers / administrators that spend mass amounts of their personal time working on the server. It's been a pretty fair split for the most part. I've found this to be far more effective anyway. I do agree with Playtester, for sure, on the types of server owners.

Regardless, I could easily work a development contracting gig in the part-time I spend on ggRO making double/triple the amount of money I actually make on this server. lol. However, it was a passion project from the get-go between myself and the other Administrators. If we really wanted to generate that cash, hunty I'd be selling I Love Chinas, RWC, etc. ;)
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

Noble

huh my bad then @u@
still pretty much sure people refer to you anyway..oh well

what you wrote is almost touching...

Cawliflower

Quote from: Noble on Mar 20, 2015, 04:23 PM
huh my bad then @u@
still pretty much sure people refer to you anyway..oh well

what you wrote is almost touching...
I can be nice sometimes. . .

Adam Don

GGRO is really gone and its dead,

its time to move on guys there isnt any future for ggro

--let's not advertise other servers, it's unfair to others--
~Web Developer~

discord :- yug-webdev