gamesites200.com - Bidding/Advertising Confusion

Started by AlphaRO, Sep 14, 2009, 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlphaRO

I bid on the "site of the moment" advertising spot on gamesites200.com and there is something seriously wrong with the bidding/advertising system.  I placed my max bid at $300, and the current winning bid was $187 which I placed.  The current winning should have been the winning bid because of the negative time.  See http://www.upload3r.com/serve/140909/1252948180.jpg.

Also, how is it that if the bid increment was $15, but the winning bid was $301?  This just doesnt make any sense, at least not logically. Has anyone else had any other similar experiences?  Thanks.
Posted on: Sep 14, 2009, 06:25 am
I got this response from Serg from gamesites200.com.

"The winning bid is based on the highest bid at the time before the auction ends. This is all recorded by the server, the countdown is simply a javascript run from your browser which is an estimate, and yes it does have bugs like what you saw, and its countdown is based on your systems time. I know this can be confusing but as long as the bidding is still open it means its not over. We are working on fixing this script, it would be helpful if you would let us know or take a screenshot of your system time and what the countdown time shows."

Glad to know that there are still some things that need to be worked out.

Pandora

From the screenshot it says you're winning, but their system is pretty crappy, they mostly just care about pocketing money. Have you stopped to count how many ads they have now, it's unbelievable xD
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Metafalica

You can barely see the site now because of all the Flyff and what not s*** that pops in front of you. >_>

DeePee

Kisuka

How it works:
If someone else is bidding against you, adds a higher max bid. It will increase it's bid by $1 more then your bid and keep doing that until it reaches its max then will stop unless the person raises their max bid again.

At least thats how I have seen it work. I was the #2 bidder during this one and I too saw some pretty weird things >.> like how the first 2 bids are not in an older to newer date order.

Gamesites200 is just out for money (said by serg himself when I suggested ways to make the ad spots more fair to all, they declined my suggestions and said gs200 is a business and will be operated as one). Whos to say their not bidding themselves to increase ppl's bids to their max bid so they get the most money out of it? GS200 has been around for awhile now and we all know how they are :) imo, their advertising is not worth it.

Metafalica

Tell that to the 300 people on PaganRO. I agree though.. there should be better places to do this stuff. It's sad that for people to visit your server or for you to be successful such steps need to be followed. Can't we report this as some sort of internet scam or something? This seems pretty.. uh.. shifty. Like there is a system to squeeze money out of the bidders.

Kisuka

ummm u do know PaganRO is a sub-server of RebirthRO right? o.O

I was thinking of making an eAthena RO server only topsite thats fair and such but it just seems like too much work imo. Theres already over like 20 topsites RO servers use. I dont think we need another one x.x

Metafalica

Yeah I know, Anycher or whoever and his apparent sister run Pagan, but they are were top site for this month thats all I meant. Also, ew, Rebirth.

Zone

Why the f*** waste your money on those sites?
Everyone knows they are corrupt as f***.

Kisuka

Quote from: ★ ɀⓞϰع ⓞ∀ⓞ ฿ᶤƒᴚⓞ§Ⱦ ★ on Sep 14, 2009, 05:16 PM
Why the f*** waste your money on those sites?
Everyone knows they are corrupt as f***.

exactly, hell u all might as well just give me your money for the eAthena scripts i commit ;3

Akinari

The point that's ridiculous is this.

http://hr.dreamer-ro.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=11830&pid=50052&st=0&#entry50052

You've got a server of almost 500 people (supposedly) and you only keep $81 as backup?  I don't believe that.  I might not be the best admin in the world, but the admins that lie for their profit are a disgrace.  You need to stop running a server you worthless bastard.

AlphaRO

BS.  They only have $81.00 and I'm not a fat f***.

LuTze

After advertising on them, I'm highly suspicious actually. What's wrong with this:

DeePee

Everyone knows the majority of the topsites generate false OUT-hits.

Orange

Quote from: DeePee on Sep 26, 2009, 06:14 AM
Everyone knows the majority of the topsites generate false OUT-hits.

According to Sammi from PaganRO

Quotegamesites200.com: 21,200
(direct): 10,217
google: 5,573
top200.gs: 679
yahoo: 522
ratemyserver.net: 475
Yet half the people on the server you asked where from RMS, most of the other half from friends and only a handful from topsites
:3

DeePee

A little comparison:

Topgamesites.net:
According to them: 4936 out-hits
According to Google Analytics: 161

Gamesites200.com:
According to them: 206 out-hits
According to Google Analytics: not even listed yet (so barely any)

Xtremetop100, ROTop100 and RagnaTop seems pretty legit at least.