The WORST first impressions?

Started by Scribbles, Jul 19, 2012, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ganondorf

Here are some things create red flags that I scout for when looking for a server.

- Crappy looking website that appears to be plagiarized from another more renowned server.

Seriously, people need to stop doing this.  The RO community is small, people are going to find out that the site isn't yours VERY QUICKLY.

- Forums that restrict nearly all of its information to members, forcing you to join to view anything.

I'm trying to look at your server specs and you're forcing me to become a member while I'm still on the fence, how irritating.

- Corrupted and bias staff members.

Pretty self explanatory.

- Carebear staff members.

I understand that there are rules to keep any server in check.  However, if I go onto your forum and see you publicly humiliating your players for committing very minuscule acts, then I won't be joining your server.

- Patchers or installers that are either very messy, have annoying music, or don't work at all.

Not very convenient to be honest.  Nor is it a very good indication that you know what you're doing as an Administrator.

- Overpowered and severely overpriced donation items.

Huh?  You really want me to pay $30.00 for a wing that has hidden slots and GM powers + 32767 to all stats??  I may as well buy a new console game or buy groceries for a couple of days.

- Server owners that boast having very high populations to drag people of high quantities to their server.  When these people get there however, they discover that over half of the population are Merchant classes in Vending.

There's nothing appealing about faking your population count.  I tend to prefer a moderate population.  Nothing too high, but not overly low either; just enough to be able to mingle with and have something to do for the majority of my time online.

scrollLock

what i also hate is..

If you want to see the topics in the forums, you need to make an account.

/hmm /hmm /hmm

Myteriouss

I would have to say websites. Websites as in.. every website attached to the server whether they'd be Wikis, Boards, Homepages, CPs, etc. If your wikis, boards, etc. look sloppy, messy, un-organized.. well, safe to say we know what kind of Administrator is running the server right away. Also, for CPs and Main homepages, I don't understand designs sometimes that do not relate to Ragnarok at all :(! Like, for instance, futuristic sites with ro characters scattered.. If your RO is called FuturisticRO.. then it's okay but if it's not.. what's the point? Secondly, if you're server is a Private RO1 server.. why have RO2 characters, monsters, etc. to illustrate your webpage? This is okay if your private server is RO2.. but if it isn't.. there's really no point :(

To sum it all up, Websites are the FIRST encounters PLAYERS face =/

aluze

The worst first impression to me is a server wich advertises in english but the site is completely in a different language wich is almost impossible to navigate
AluzeRo 10/10/5/2 - A classic Ro experience with no customs!
http://www.aluzero.com