EternityRO

Started by Anonymoussss, Aug 12, 2012, 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymoussss

Hasn't even opened. I'm already getting tired of this server.
To the players in other servers. Quit advertising to go to eRO!
It was a s*** server once, twice, and three times. It will fail the fourth.
So shut up and leave the other servers be.
No one has time for a s*** server, the fourth time...

Notturno

As a low rate player, who doesn't mind speaking on the record, I have to agree with the sentiments shared by this anonymous poster.

I play on a nameless low rate server, and it will remain that way simply because I don't wish to drag names into this thread. However, we have had a few bad apples join our server for the sole intent of starting guilds, recruiting players, then advertising in their guild chat trying to get them to join EternityRO. It's obnoxious behavior to say the least, since the vast majority of our players don't wish to be hassled and accosted about joining other servers, they just want to play where they are. Plus, you have to wonder how insecure these players are; if your server is so great, why do you feel compelled to advertise elsewhere? Shouldn't players just be lining up rank and file to play your fantastic server?

I have to wonder what's causing such vehement support for a server that, as the original poster stated, has already shut down three times prior. Is there some incentive for these players to advertise based on the server ownership's actions, or are they acting of their own volition? Either way, I would greatly appreciate it if those players would kindly go play on their server and stop bothering other servers. As for the owner/staff at EternityRO, I sincerely hope they discourage this behavior.

Volusion

Server has no future Goodluck:D

will close more then 4+ times

yC

I know it's a boring Sunday, I am waiting to hear the other side.  Any cheerleaders for the server?  There are some anticipation based on its long-lost-friends topic.

I'll move this to General Discussion, this time around the server haven't done any wrong to you yet.  You shouldn't rant it before it opens lol.

Notturno

Quote from: yC on Aug 12, 2012, 06:37 PM
I know it's a boring Sunday, I am waiting to hear the other side.  Any cheerleaders for the server?  There are some anticipation based on its long-lost-friends topic.

I'll move this to General Discussion, this time around the server haven't done any wrong to you yet.  You shouldn't rant it before it opens lol.

Just thought I'd add a little extra evidence, since I feel the rant is justified. My attachment is of a server log showing a particular guild with a guild message advertising EternityRO on my home server. The guild name and guild leader match up with an advertisement on the EternityRO forums.

If you want any of the data that is censored, feel free to drop me a private message.

Boreas

We recently had a player on our forum who sorta advertised eRO.

That's not the server's faul tho, the admins / GMs cannot control what their soon-to-be players do on other servers / forums.

DeuxeVonL

Until the server launches, you won't see anything done.

Though, you could try and PM their admin, and maybe they can make an announcement on their forums warning their community not to do it.

wireless

Quote from: Notturno on Aug 12, 2012, 06:55 PM
My attachment is of a server log showing a particular guild with a guild message advertising EternityRO on my home server. The guild name and guild leader match up with an advertisement on the EternityRO forums.

I don't see what's wrong with "advertising" in your own guild message /hmm no one except members can see it and of course they need to know what's going on with the guild. 

DeuxeVonL

Quote from: wireless on Aug 13, 2012, 08:05 AM
I don't see what's wrong with "advertising" in your own guild message /hmm no one except members can see it and of course they need to know what's going on with the guild.

Their not saying it in a private chat. Their saying it in public to go to eRO (unless I'm mistaken). In which case, it is a bit of a problem for server owners.

Fanfare

Unless you post any solid proof that shows that those who advertise in other servers are part of EternityRO Staff, we can't know that they are actually the ones doing it. What if the admins have nothing to do in all this? You're giving their server a bad reputation for something that they didn't even do.

I'm not saying they aren't the ones doing it, but If I were the admin of EternityRO, I wouldn't like you to open this kind of threads without proof.

wireless

Quote from: DeuxeVonL on Aug 13, 2012, 08:15 AM
Their not saying it in a private chat. Their saying it in public to go to eRO (unless I'm mistaken). In which case, it is a bit of a problem for server owners.

I was replying to the guy who posted the pic of guild message saying that and complained about them talking about eRO in their guild chat, not to the topic starter who didn't say if the advertising was in game or forums or what.

Probably should've used quotes.

DeuxeVonL

Quote from: wireless on Aug 13, 2012, 08:21 AM
I was replying to the guy who posted the pic of guild message saying that and complained about them talking about eRO in their guild chat, not to the topic starter who didn't say if the advertising was in game or forums or what.

Probably should've used quotes.

Ah.

My bad, lol.

Contacting eRO Admin might give them a chance to warn their community not to do it.

Notturno

Quote from: wireless on Aug 13, 2012, 08:05 AM

The problem I personally have is with the player who established this guild. Within twenty-four hours; the guild was established, server regulars were recruited, and the message to switch servers went up. This is not something done between friends to communicate, it was a blatant shill for another server using a creative way to advertise. To me, that is a violation of integrity and falls under the generally accepted definition of advertising.

I'm not saying players can't play where they want, and certainly if friends want to play together they will find a way to communicate and switch servers. That's totally fine, I believe players should play wherever they are happiest. I know the server I'm on isn't for everyone, and it's completely understandable if people leave. When someone comes on their first day and starts advertising, that is not the same thing.

I'm not accusing EternityRO of doing any wrongdoings, I merely posed the question that it could be something more organized than rogue players. I've heard several servers have issues with it, plus this thread. It's just a little more sketchy beyond the sort of advertising you usually see, that's all.

wireless

That's guild's ID number is only 7 though  /hmm

I don't think all that censoring is necessary since you said the guild name and guild leader match up with an advertisement on the EternityRO forums. There's only two guild ads there at the moment so not that many possibilities  /heh

And this...
Quoteit could be something more organized than rogue players. I've heard several servers have issues with it, plus this thread. It's just a little more sketchy beyond the sort of advertising you usually see, that's all.
just doesn't sound likely at all to me.

Edit - Puschel and WayneGoCry in ReverieRO /pif

Ron

^  Congratulations, you found the culprit. It's a joke to the latest.
Regardless, no one is blaming the staff of EternityRO -
As you can also see, It was done on another server which one of their members/staff has posted on behalf of them.
Everyone claims that Ragnarok is a dying community and people whine & complain about it.. but as you read, you'll see that players have a mass part in this change. We've had three threats about this problem already. Don't know much about most other servers.. but a few friends of mine, who own other servers, have told me about the similar problem they are having.

We just want to get the word out there to those returning players to eRO, Keep your thoughts to yourself when playing other servers. If you plan on joining eRO, do so.. Don't cause hassles for other servers who are already struggling with the containment of the current population in hand.

Once again, this is not a flame post, we are just stating to those players to keep calm and move along.. No need to involve other servers in the release of a server..

Thanks.

Last Bit: - It just adds more stress on the staff's part than anything else.. It makes us feel discouraged, unwanted, and the thought of not accomplishing something big. -

wireless

I agree that advertising on other servers is pathetic but EternityRO had over 3000 players online peak with a lot of people who barely speak english and a lot of those who are just plain a****** so there's a good chance this will keep happening anyway, no matter what the GMs say or what is posted here  :-[

But I'm 99.9999% sure the staff had nothing to do with this  /ok

Ron

Quote from: wireless on Aug 13, 2012, 05:27 PM
I agree that advertising on other servers is pathetic but EternityRO had over 3000 players online peak with a lot of people who barely speak english and a lot of those who are just plain a****** so this will probably keep happening anyway, no matter what the GMs say or what is posted here  :-[

But I'm 99.9999% sure the staff had nothing to do with this  /ok

Thats understandable, but unfortunately, if the GM's/Admins do not take action communicating with server to server about this issue, it will look mediocre on their part.

Sovereign

Quote from: Ron on Aug 13, 2012, 05:29 PM
Thats understandable, but unfortunately, if the GM's/Admins do not take action communicating with server to server about this issue, it will look mediocre on their part.

EternityRO was an extremely large server. More than likely they are going to be one of the largest LRs once again. You can't expect them to be responsible for what every single player says and does on other servers. Having to communicate with every single server that has been advertised on by eRO's players is just unreasonable.